+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
my new theory is that if you lived in multiple address before (I lived like 10 address due to co-op program), it takes much longer to verify...is that your case too?
I had 4 address in my eligibility period, first 3 address were just for the first 12 months, then the same one ever since. Didn't seem to help

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys,

I called the CIC yesterday requesting an update on my case since it has been exactly a year. The CIC agent advised me that she is going to follow up with the Vancouver office to find out what holds back. Today the Vancouver office sent me an email saying that my citizenship test and ceremony will take place on November 16th on the same day. Finally the process is coming to the end.

Good luck to the rest of you!
That's a good news. I also sent a form to CIC today, maybe I should call instead.

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
After waiting for over 1 year, I contacted my MP. MP's office got a reply saying that application is non-routine. Please see the reply below and advise what are my options:

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on October 11, 2017.
· The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant at XXXX@gmail.com on November 8, 2017.

· The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):
o the criminality verifications are under review and there is no specific time frame for their completion.

· The criminality verifications are in process.
· The security verifications are currently valid.
· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.

Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing times to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
Did they ask for more documents or fingerprints???

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
my new theory is that if you lived in multiple address before (I lived like 10 address due to co-op program), it takes much longer to verify...is that your case too?
I also think this is why my application is taking so long.. I moved quite a bit when I was in college.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Why did they ask entry/exit from US. do they can't pull the record directly from US boarder.
If not present in US with a I-94 (I am not), then the record needs to be ordered from foia.gov.
This takes a long time at present (months).

The reason the IRCC requests this US report from people who have spent a more significant period of time in the US is that they want to cross-check the record with their own CBSA entry/exit report with the US to more firmly verify the PRECISE number of days the applicant was present in Canada and, therefore, verify the applicant qualifies to apply for Canadian citizenship.

As far as I can tell, they are in no hurry to make this verification once the documents are received in their office. They will never be accused of efficient processing of the application package. But I believe they will eventually complete their assigned task and approve the application.

Last edited:

HappyAlto

Feb 25, 2018
Finally! We got an Oath invitation on Tuesday evening for October 26th in Mississauga office (test was in Scarborough). They almost met the 1 year deadline as our application was delivered on October 25th last year.
Admins, please update our line in the tracker.
Hello Admin, I see that my info is still not updated. Happy Alto - line 773. My Oath is in two days on October 26th.
Thanks!

jack112

Sep 5, 2018
Fantastic work guys
Reading these forums keep the downtime pretty entertaining!

Finally some movement on my end!
Timeline below
Sent oct 16 aor nov 10 ip dec 2
Test invite oct 19 - test on nov 5
Mississauga app.

Last edited: