+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
when i called them last week, they reopened my file and requested for entry/exit record and asked me to submit within 30 days. Also whenever i call, they say no updates on my file.
May I ask what entry/exit record?
A month after I passed my interview and exam, they asked for my entry/exit from US.
I took nearly 5 months to obtain this due to the mass arrests of families by US at their Mexican border (each family arrested is represented by an attorney who made similar requests from their border authority). I ended up in line with 1000s of others.

But finally in August, the report arrived and IRCC has acknowledged reception of the report.

I must admit, my list of entries/exits are unusually long.
It's anyone's guess when they will get around to verifying my days present in Canada from all of the information they have.

I hope we are not in for a long wait but I am fearing the worst at this stage.

I have started making what will be periodic Privacy Act requests to find some measure of the progress they are making with the processing.

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
So they asked for the entry exit records and also test invite at the same time? DId you respond to the entry exit records? Sorry for so many questions....I am just trying to get a sense of the timeline etc....as I had recvd the RQ as well and still waiting for test invite (timeline in my signature)
Not sure what to do. my deadline to submit entry/exit is 19th oct. but my test and oath is 26th oct. i know it may not arrive before 26th oct from ukba. not sure whether to fill web form that i did not receive entry/exit from uk and ask one more month extension which is not good.
i will keep quit and if they ask then i will explain clearly and show them the proof that i submitted but did not heard anything. if they don't need then i will be good to go. will see.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
A lot of us will reach one year timeline next week, and still waiting test. Hooray!
Happy anniversary!
I am celebrating mine today, with no test, of course...
Still remember last year in the evening of Oct 11, staying up late to fill out the form and check for errors, while the posts in this forum just kept pouring in with all kinds of questions regarding the new form and requirement for police certificate...
Should have gone to a movie and taken my time to send it out a month later, since it wouldn't have made any difference LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: jsm0085

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Happy anniversary!
I am celebrating mine today, with no test, of course...
Still remember last year in the evening of Oct 11, staying up late to fill out the form and check for errors, while the posts in this forum just kept pouring in with all kinds of questions regarding the new form and requirement for police certificate...
Should have gone to a movie and taken my time to send it out a month later, since it would have made any difference LOL
true!!!!

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
May I ask what entry/exit record?
A month after I passed my interview and exam, they asked for my entry/exit from US.
I took nearly 5 months to obtain this due to the mass arrests of families by US at their Mexican border (each family arrested is represented by an attorney who made similar requests from their border authority). I ended up in line with 1000s of others.

But finally in August, the report arrived and IRCC has acknowledged reception of the report.

I must admit, my list of entries/exits are unusually long.
It's anyone's guess when they will get around to verifying my days present in Canada from all of the information they have.

I hope we are not in for a long wait but I am fearing the worst at this stage.

I have started making what will be periodic Privacy Act requests to find some measure of the progress they are making with the processing.
Why did they ask entry/exit from US. do they can't pull the record directly from US boarder.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Why did they ask entry/exit from US. do they can't pull the record directly from US boarder.
AFAIK, IRCC does not have access to entry/exit records that US maintains. They have to be requested by the applicant under FOIA.

How to order USA entry/exit records (FOIA) ? (for everyone)
1- go to this link: https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate
2- create an account or continue as a guest ( I recommend the creation of an account)
3- select the agency: CBP FOIA division
4- fill in all your personal information.
5- type of record requested it will be: Entry/ exit
6- in the description put the details of your request.
7- click preview and submit.

carf430

Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014