+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

HopeM

Sep 28, 2018
October 30th 2017 applicant
In process since Jan 22
Office Scarborough
Waiting for test invite/interview/ceremony

I may need to travel for business purposes - not sure what to do ...

HopeM

Sep 28, 2018
Does anybody know if 12 months counts from the day you submitted your application or the day it says your application is in process?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
October 30th 2017 applicant
In process since Jan 22
Office Scarborough
Waiting for test invite/interview/ceremony

I may need to travel for business purposes - not sure what to do ...
There is a good chance everything will be the same when you come back , as if you have never even left

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Does anybody know if 12 months counts from the day you submitted your application or the day it says your application is in process?
It doesn’t matter how you count it, if your case is still in process after 12 months they wouldn’t do anything differently

HopeM

Sep 28, 2018
There is a good chance everything will be the same when you come back , as if you have never even left
It will be a long absence almost a year in Australia
I may need to reschedule my test date if I receive it during that period; It will prolong the citizenship process; I hope I get some good news soon

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I may need to reschedule my test date if I receive it during that period; It will prolong the citizenship process; I hope I get some good news soon
Give them a call, explain the situation..maybe it will change something or maybe not, but at least worth a try

robw

Mar 10, 2014
If you're gone for a year, maybe you can plan for a contingency emergency trip back to Canada to sit the exam? Not convenient (especially given how insanely far Aus is), not cheap, but I'd do it.

HopeM

Sep 28, 2018
Thanks folks for your thoughts
Does this 1 year leave affect their dicision to grant citizenship during the interview? They may ask for evidence showing this leave is temporary and I will be back in Canada after a year

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
for those who have taken test did you have to fill a prohibitions form and bring it with you to the test ?
If it was sent to you as an attachment to your test invite ~ yes, you've to bring it with you. If it was not ~ then they'd give it to you (green paper) upon arrival. In any case everyone has to fill-it and sign it before their test/interview.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
If it was sent to you as an attachment to your test invite ~ yes, you've to bring it with you. If it was not ~ then they'd give it to you (green paper) upon arrival. In any case everyone has to fill-it and sign it before their test/interview.
Hi
Can you please tell me what is prohibition form . I applied August 2017 after more than 13 month and after several calls they told me everything thing is done except prohibition that they didn't started yet . I am just wondering what is difference between this two?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi
Can you please tell me what is prohibition form . I applied August 2017 after more than 13 month and after several calls they told me everything thing is done except prohibition that they didn't started yet . I am just wondering what is difference between this two?
This is the Prohibition Form ⤵

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
This is the Prohibition Form ⤵

Thanks a lot.
That is extra form or that is the part of forms that should be fills when anyone applying for citizenship.
During the interview agent didn't asked any document but after 8 month from interview they told me we didn't started prohibition part . After 13 month and half they didn't start it . that is unbelievable.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks a lot.
That is extra form or that is the part of forms that should be fills when anyone applying for citizenship.
During the interview agent didn't asked any document but after 8 month from interview they told me we didn't started prohibition part . After 13 month and half they didn't start it . that is unbelievable.
Hi Mehran1,
When CIC gets the clearance from CSIS, Prohibition turns from not started to complete immediately (Prohibition on ATIP for CIC means all the backgroud checks and criminality are done). If I remember correctly they have to get 5 organization to sign off on your clearance (RCMP, Border agency, Prison systems, CSIS and one I don't remember). It's all go back to CSIS. Hopefully we get the clearance from CSIS soon.

Reactions: Mehran1