+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
I am giving up on the idea of finishing it in 12 months, since it's just 2 weeks away from tomorrow and I still don't have any test invite yet - when the time is up on Oct 12 and I still don't have anything, I will just forget about it and go on with whatever plan/situation that comes along, if the test is scheduled for a time I am away, I will just email them back and tell them to reschedule - have waited for a year, another month or two won't really matter any more - I am done with reporting/delaying every trip, thinking a test may be scheduled during that time. Life is full of stress already, no need to suffer more from this
You are right. Waited patiently for 12 months. still waiting... there is no other option apart from wait. Looks like i could have renew my PR card which expired few months back. not sure whether i need to renew my PR card. again i have to go with all the process by collecting documents.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Your logic is flawed. Background checks are a different beast from active screening like those conducted at airports.
A background check has a fixed list, once the boxes are ticked, that's all, you move on to the next things. While active screenings require you to keep multiple changing variables in consideration, so anything that deviates from the norm stands out.
A common name like John Smith or Ahmed Abdul, would trigger multiple similarities during a background check (hence fingerprint requests and the like), requiring further examination, while an uncommon name would not. If a person has spent all 10 years in Canada, there would be no need to reach out to interpol and other national police forces for additional background checks, unlike someone who has visited multiple countries for longer durations.
ImageOfLight's comment is very correct and that's what I heard from authorities when I checked.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
You are right. Waited patiently for 12 months. still waiting... there is no other option apart from wait. Looks like i could have renew my PR card which expired few months back. not sure whether i need to renew my PR card. again i have to go with all the process by collecting documents.
I know the call center is not very helpful, but did you call them to check? I can guess their answer, but please let us know if you call them and what they say. Good luck.

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys,
Update: test on 16th October 2018 at 1.30pm at Scarborough

Received 20th October
AOR Feb 11
Process feb 20
Test 16 October
Wish rest of you who’s waiting for test and oath will get yours sooner!!

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
I know the call center is not very helpful, but did you call them to check? I can guess their answer, but please let us know if you call them and what they say. Good luck.
when i called them last week, they reopened my file and requested for entry/exit record and asked me to submit within 30 days. Also whenever i call, they say no updates on my file.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Are you serious? They asked you to send all your applications again?
No, it says they requested exit/entry records.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Hi guys,
Update: test on 16th October 2018 at 1.30pm at Scarborough

Received 20th October
AOR Feb 11
Process feb 20
Test 16 October
Wish rest of you who’s waiting for test and oath will get yours sooner!!
Congrats! Looks like someone finally showed up to work at Scarborough and did something!

Reactions: Puppy89