+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Hello Guys.
I have just got back my Citizenship application. Actually, i forgot to put date on physical presence calculator. I just wanted to know do i need to put today's date or that date when i had completed the application.
Application Date : 12 october
Application sent: 12 october
Application received: 16 october
Application got back: 31 october
Put October 12 in the date field and send the whole package back as-is. Don't change anything else.

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
No no just the physical presence calculator with all your trips...and a cover letter explaining why you're submitting it.
And I should tell them to attach it with my original application?

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
I don't know if it will be a problem, but they clearly asked applicants to list ALL absences no matter how long, or reason.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q7
Q7: Do I have to declare day trips to the United States?

A7: Yes. List all absences, even if you come back the same day.

Q8: I travel often to the United States and don't remember the exact dates. What do I do?

A8: To use the physical presence calculator, you must enter exact dates. Check your passport and other records like: banking records, travel itineraries and receipts to help you determine your dates of travel.

Q9: I travel often because of my work (truck driver, employee for an airline company, etc.). Do I have to declare those absences?

A9: Yes. All absences from Canada, regardless of the reason, must be declared.

Q10: Do I need to declare absences prior to becoming a permanent resident?

A10: Yes, all absences from Canada during your eligibility period, the five (5) years preceding the date of your application, must be declared. Therefore your absences during your time as a temporary resident or protected person within the eligibility period must be declared as well.
What about flagpole which we did for PR? Do we need to mention that too. I saw an entry and exit record in CBSA report for flagpole.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
What about flagpole which we did for PR? Do we need to mention that too. I saw an entry and exit record in CBSA report for flagpole.
I mentioned it. Someone called IRCC and claimed that it's not necessary. I have a stamp from the Canadian Border Patrol, so seems like the safest way is to mention it. Doesn't even count as an absence. No harm.

MarieNadia1

Oct 24, 2017
Hey guys,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked a billion times before :)

What's the difference between AOR and In Process?

Thanks for your feedback!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked a billion times before :)

What's the difference between AOR and In Process?

Thanks for your feedback!
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt received from the Sydney office - when received means basic checks for completeness like missing signatures, dates, unanswered questions, and missing documents were done. None were found missing.

After this stage, the Sydney office forwards your application to your local case processing center (close to where you live). That's when real processing begins meaning background checks, making sure you satisfied the residency requirement, etc etc

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I had more than 95 trips to the US in the last 2 years. It was gonna make my application really lengthy if i mention all . So I mentioned latest entry and in the ‘reason section’ I explained that i have crossed border many times and returned on the same day.
I live super close to the border and have crossed 150+ times - I AM NOT going to try and figure all of them out. It would be impossible. I am writing and explanation letter and giving them permission to check my record.

MarieNadia1

Oct 24, 2017
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt received from the Sydney office - when received means basic checks for completeness like missing signatures, dates, unanswered questions, and missing documents were done. None were found missing.

After this stage, the Sydney office forwards your application to your local case processing center (close to where you live). That's when real processing begins meaning background checks, making sure you satisfied the residency requirement, etc etc

Thanks, that helps a lot! Good luck to all <3

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Hello Guys.
I have just got back my Citizenship application. Actually, i forgot to put date on physical presence calculator. I just wanted to know do i need to put today's date or that date when i had completed the application.
Application Date : 12 october
Application sent: 12 october
Application received: 16 october
Application got back: 31 october
The date you signed the application, the application date you mentioned the online calculator and the date you signed the online calculator should all be the same.

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
I live super close to the border and have crossed 150+ times - I AM NOT going to try and figure all of them out. It would be impossible. I am writing and explanation letter and giving them permission to check my record.
Have you already applied??

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Have you already applied??
Not yet. I have a lot of other trips to declare - more than 30 so I have been trying to get those dates correct. Hope to get it finished this week - have my wife's to do as well and her dates are not all the same. In fact, she crossed MORE often than me for one day trips.

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014

A question related to this - does AOR come in the form of physical mail or email? Thanks guys.