+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

HRHJohn

Mar 14, 2013
Today I passed my citizenship test and was informed that they aim to schedule the oath ceremony within 12 months of the application date.

Reactions: salimnw

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
When we receive ATIP results does those results reflect the status of the application the day we receive them or the day we sent the ATIP request ?

narr_12

Mar 3, 2018
Today I passed my citizenship test and was informed that they aim to schedule the oath ceremony within 12 months of the application date.
How was the test and how did you prepare the test , can you please share interview & test experience.

HRHJohn

Mar 14, 2013
How was the test and how did you prepare the test , can you please share interview & test experience.
The test was fine. It was done with a test booklet and Scantron sheet like in high school. Over the years I have read the study guide several times, and earlier this week I did some practice tests. Even if you don't know the specific answer, you should be able to tell what they are looking for based on the multiple-choice options.

After the test, an official with a copy of my paper file invited me into her office. She asked to see my identification and passport. She made small talk to verify my work and family history and grasp of English. She asked why I came to Canada.

She compared a CBSA list of my entries into the country against my physical presence worksheet and my passport. There was one "missing" entry from my worksheet: When I went through US border preclearance at the airport but had to re-enter Canada after my flight had been cancelled. I did not include this absence on my worksheet because I did not actually leave Canada (though I did pass through a Canadian port of entry as required by law). I explained this to her and she seemed to accept my explanation.

She ended the interview by saying that I should expect an invitation to an oath ceremony to take place within 12 months from the date of my application. No timeline for receiving the invitation, though.

Reactions: HappyAlto

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
The test was fine. It was done with a test booklet and Scantron sheet like in high school. Over the years I have read the study guide several times, and earlier this week I did some practice tests. Even if you don't know the specific answer, you should be able to tell what they are looking for based on the multiple-choice options.

After the test, an official with a copy of my paper file invited me into her office. She asked to see my identification and passport. She made small talk to verify my work and family history and grasp of English. She asked why I came to Canada.

She compared a CBSA list of my entries into the country against my physical presence worksheet and my passport. There was one "missing" entry from my worksheet: When I went through US border preclearance at the airport but had to re-enter Canada after my flight had been cancelled. I did not include this absence on my worksheet because I did not actually leave Canada (though I did pass through a Canadian port of entry as required by law). I explained this to her and she seemed to accept my explanation.

She ended the interview by saying that I should expect an invitation to an oath ceremony to take place within 12 months from the date of my application. No timeline for receiving the invitation, though.
Which location did you write the test in? Were the questions tricky or straight forward?

HRHJohn

Mar 14, 2013
how long does the whole process from test to interview take?
I was there for an hour. I got there early and filled out a form. Waited. They called me in for the exam. They took some time in explaining how to do the exam. Wrote the exam and then waited in another room. Was called to be interviewed, which took 15 minutes I'd say.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I was there for an hour. I got there early and filled out a form. Waited. They called me in for the exam. They took some time in explaining how to do the exam. Wrote the exam and then waited in another room. Was called to be interviewed, which took 15 minutes I'd say.
Perfect. thanks so much for the info. Can you post some links of the online tests you practiced?

HRHJohn

Mar 14, 2013
Perfect. thanks so much for the info. Can you post some links of the online tests you practiced?
I literally did a Google search at work and clicked on the best looking ones. I think there are some public libraries that seem reputable. I only found the practice tests helpful for trivia: national sports, historical figures, landmarks.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I literally did a Google search at work and clicked on the best looking ones. I think there are some public libraries that seem reputable. I only found the practice tests helpful for trivia: national sports, historical figures, landmarks.
ok, thank you.