+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Did you ever get DM after your test on ecas or did it update when you got the oath invitation???

Hello everyone,

Here is the final timeline.

Type: Single
App Sent: Oct 16,2017
App Delivered: Oct 20, 2017
AOR: Nov 24,2017
IP: Dec 29, 2017 (ECAS)
FP Request: Jan 11, 2018 (ECAS, letter arrived few days after by mail)
FP Sent: Jan 16, 2018
Test Invite: Feb 14,2018 (Email)
Test Date: March 12,2018 (Passed 20/20, officer advised that application has been approved and oath will take 3-5 months)
Oath Invite: April 3, 2018
Oath Date: May 1, 2018

Overall I think Vancouver office processed it pretty quick. One suggestion for everyone is we cant really change the process and we have to be mindful that the offices process not just citizenship but lots of other work that falls under the ministry. tbh I got really impatient and tried to connect the dots why I was asked to provide finger prints but we can only have an educated guess. No one is 100% certain.

If anyone has any specific questions, I will try to answer but overall I think the forum is awesome and I suggest anyone who is new just spend 30-40 mins in the forum and read 10-12 threads you will get lot of your questions answered. Good Luck everyone!!

I will post again after my oath.

amir79

Nov 3, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 July 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2013
Med's Done....
Nov. 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am one of quiet members of the forum who has benefited from the information that you guys share here, so I decided to share my citizenship journey so far in case someone finds that useful.

I will first write my timeline and then my personal experience at each step of the way:
AOR: Nov 10, 2017 (Email and ECAS)
IP: Dec 10, 2017 (Email and ECAS)
Test Invite: March 9 (Email followed by ECAS after a couple of days)
Test Date: March 27
Test location: Scarborough
Oath Invite: ?
Oath Date: ?

Test date: based on my own case and a handful of friends that I know their timelines, it seems test dates are very close to landing dates. It seems weird, but it is worth it to collect some data and see if the coincidence of landing dates and exam dates for us was just random, or that is how CIC assigns people to different dates.

Test: In summary, I found the exam a bit challenging. There are lots of names, numbers, and other information to memorize, and after the test, I was so happy that I took the time to prepare myself for that. Almost 10 questions were super easy, but to answer the rest correctly, one would have to study the book carefully. I have a long commute to work, and I listened to the audiobook (https://goo.gl/hyXqYv) several times before reading the print version. I used several sources of sample tests:
1) An app named "Canadian Citizenship Test Free"
2) https://www.apnatoronto.com/
3) http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

I would recommend that try as many sample questions as you can. Although you will find most of them repetitive after a while, you will still come across a few questions here and there that you will see you have overlooked them.

Interview: I had a very straightforward interview and it did not take long. The officer basically was going through dates in my passports and was confirming if I have mentioned every single date in my application. So it is very important that people use exact dates from their passports and do not rely on their memories, otherwise, it might cause some headache during the interview.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Please can anyone help me with question 11... I was a homemaker from 2014-2016, so what should I write under name of contact, phone number and email address. Whose name, number or email should I be giving. Please if anyone can answer. Thanks

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Please can anyone help me with question 11... I was a homemaker from 2014-2016, so what should I write under name of contact, phone number and email address. Whose name, number or email should I be giving. Please if anyone can answer. Thanks
Just write "N/A" in those fields.

BesoBassem

Oct 11, 2017
my application still in process since 24Jan2018, is it normal processing time ? because its almost 3 months ....

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hello,

I just received my invitation for citizenship test today (test is on April 18th).

Can you please update the excel file?

Thanks!

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am one of quiet members of the forum who has benefited from the information that you guys share here, so I decided to share my citizenship journey so far in case someone finds that useful.

I will first write my timeline and then my personal experience at each step of the way:
AOR: Nov 10, 2017 (Email and ECAS)
IP: Dec 10, 2017 (Email and ECAS)
Test Invite: March 9 (Email followed by ECAS after a couple of days)
Test Date: March 27
Test location: Scarborough
Oath Invite: ?
Oath Date: ?

Test date: based on my own case and a handful of friends that I know their timelines, it seems test dates are very close to landing dates. It seems weird, but it is worth it to collect some data and see if the coincidence of landing dates and exam dates for us was just random, or that is how CIC assigns people to different dates.

Test: In summary, I found the exam a bit challenging. There are lots of names, numbers, and other information to memorize, and after the test, I was so happy that I took the time to prepare myself for that. Almost 10 questions were super easy, but to answer the rest correctly, one would have to study the book carefully. I have a long commute to work, and I listened to the audiobook (https://goo.gl/hyXqYv) several times before reading the print version. I used several sources of sample tests:
1) An app named "Canadian Citizenship Test Free"
2) https://www.apnatoronto.com/
3) http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

I would recommend that try as many sample questions as you can. Although you will find most of them repetitive after a while, you will still come across a few questions here and there that you will see you have overlooked them.

Interview: I had a very straightforward interview and it did not take long. The officer basically was going through dates in my passports and was confirming if I have mentioned every single date in my application. So it is very important that people use exact dates from their passports and do not rely on their memories, otherwise, it might cause some headache during the interview.
Congrats, added to the Oct sheet

Reactions: amir79