+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

glob

Oct 6, 2017
@sansnom Well, one week is fine, but in my case it's two and a half months.
Unless they are using pigeons to send citizenship applications, that's a bit too much.

galant

Dec 28, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Hi Team:
I saw ecas status, and it is showing Decision Made.
But I checked for my wife, and 2 kids, it still shows In Process.
Does anyone experienced same issue.
I took the citizenship test yesterday along with my wife in Mississauga.
VM(Galant).
Do I need to be concerned or it is normal?

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
@sansnom Well, one week is fine, but in my case it's two and a half months.
Unless they are using pigeons to send citizenship applications, that's a bit too much.
I meant it took one week since it was sent out from CPC Sydney. Your files should have stayed in CPC Sydney for 2.5 months, and was just sent out recently...

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
I will be honest to you! If you want to be Canadian Citizen you should read the book its great knowledge you will learn for your new country. I pass my test on Wednesday and already it was Decision Made today. And I pass with 20/20. All its takes to pass exams its about 7 to 10 minutes but you have 30 Minutes. With reading book you wouldn't miss any information. I took some online test but at the end after the test I saw the best way is to study the book. Its easy and take it as fun like night reading it wont harm your day. Hopefully this help
Totally agree with this opinion. I haven't got less than 90% on any sample test so far even before I read the book, but I still wanted to read it. Right now I'm reading it for the second time and while reading I'm saving any useful information to the file(in bullet points format).

glob

Oct 6, 2017
I meant it took one week since it was sent out from CPC Sydney. Your files should have stayed in CPC Sydney for 2.5 months, and was just sent out recently...
No, she said it changed to "in transfer" in December, that's why I'm concerned.

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
No, she said it changed to "in transfer" in December, that's why I'm concerned.
Oh dear... I'm sorry to hear about that... Maybe try call them to see if they can find the tracking number? They should send out your files via traceable mail.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi everyone. Got an email today kindly update spreadsheet thank you. Exam Date: Mar 12/18 at Saskatoon. Application Received Oct 10/17 before 3/5 rule. FP request Jan 2018. I am line 364. Thank you.

Last edited:

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. Got an email today kindly update spreadsheet thank you. Exam Date: Mar 12/18 at Saskatoon. Application Received Oct 10/17 before 3/5 rule. FP request Feb 2018. I am line 364. Thank you.
Updated. Congrats!!

lineinthesnow

Feb 6, 2018
Update for me:
Test invite letter: Feb 22
Test date: March 8

Maybe you all can help me with a question. My test is scheduled for 7:45am in Mississauga. I am signed up to take a one-day course the same day, starting at 9:30am at Bloor and Spadina in Toronto - so I expect a lot of traffic on the drive from Mississauga to central Toronto. I really don't want to miss the course, but of course I don't want to postpone my citizenship either. Does anyone know how long it takes to write the citizenship test? Do you think I can be out of there by, say, 8:30am?

tabrisjayson

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Nomination.....
31-03-2014
AOR Received.
11-06-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Does RQ happen before IP or after the application arriving the local office or after test?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update for me:

Maybe you all can help me with a question. My test is scheduled for 7:45am in Mississauga. I am signed up to take a one-day course the same day, starting at 9:30am at Bloor and Spadina in Toronto - so I expect a lot of traffic on the drive from Mississauga to central Toronto. I really don't want to miss the course, but of course I don't want to postpone my citizenship either. Does anyone know how long it takes to write the citizenship test? Do you think I can be out of there by, say, 8:30am?
Updated. Congrats!!

Now Mississauga is your visa office. IRCC is processing GTA applicants in Mississauga or Scarborough.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Update for me:

If you are fast and on-top of your game you can finish the test in 5-10 minutes, but then you have to wait for the interview...the duration depends on how they organize it..i.e. if they call people based on who finished first, or based on alphabetical order...etc. so not quite sure

Try to explore other transportation modes if it makes sense, maybe you could drive to the nearest subway station on the green line on your way back. I mean the traffic in central Toronto is one thing, but also finding a parking spot can take time ..

I think there's a high probability that you'll miss 1-2 hours of your course regardless which route you take

Last edited:
Reactions: clearly

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hello everyone,
I have a question for October's applicants who got QR, how many days it took to update their case after the third line (In process). For myself, my case is frozen since December 5, 2017. I sent all the required documents to Ottawa office before 45 days.
Thank you in advance.
Me too. I am in the same situation. frozen @ IP on Dec 5, 2017. My QA docs reach IRCC on Feb 01, 2018. No updates till now.

Reactions: mqy

readhp

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
18-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Update for me:

Very unlikely that you will be done by 8:30 AM. I attended the 7:45 AM slot as well and it was 9:30 - 10 AM when I was done. At 7:45 AM, they started letting us in to the test room. They checked our invitation letter and gave us the test sheet. Once everyone settled down, we were given instructions for the test. By the time the test started, it was about 8:10 AM - 8:15 AM. I finished my test in about 15 minutes (took my sweet time), and then had to wait for another 20 minutes or so after that. Then, someone came out and called my name along with other applicants and said that I am number 2 on his list to be interviewed and that whoever finished the test first was getting interviewed first. The first applicant's interview took close to 15 - 20 minutes, and then I was called in. My interview then I was called in for my interview.