+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
HI guys,

I have a question please:
I know that in the interview the agent ask if we work full or part time ! I was wondering if he says something when it’s part time ?

Thank you

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Buffalo_transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
21-03-2012 (Med recieved 15May2012)
Interview........
"In Process" status change May 5, 2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2013 , "decision made" status change 30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
Congratulations. How was it and how was the 'interview' did officer gave you any timeline?

My test is scheduled for 28th Feb.
The test was easy..felt good to get 20/20 but there were others who finished off the test in 5mins which made me nervous. Anyways...interview was pretty quick, just went through my travel history (I had missed out a 2 day trip to the US) but other than that just brief questions on work. For timeline they said I was looking at April.

ddebasis

Feb 7, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-04- 2010
File Transfer...
04-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013, DM on 30-04-2013, Receipt 01-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013 in Toronto

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

This is an emergency situation and would really appreciate if someone can reply me right now.

My test was set up on 15th Feb 2018 in Vancouver Office.
All of the sundden I got an email from Vancouver office today (13th Feb 2018) stating the following
"This is concerning your application for Canadian Citizenship. You were sent a notification to attend a test and interview on February 15 at 08:18 AM. This email is to advise you that you were scheduled in error and you do NOT need to attend tomorrow."

The thing to note that they sent me this email 24 hours prior to my test. I am super depressed, tensed and shocked. Is there anyone who had the similar situation ? is it a normal thing or should I be really worrying? I have no idea what I should do. ANY ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL.

You will be rescheduled in the next few months.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone,

This is an emergency situation and would really appreciate if someone can reply me right now.

All of the sundden I got an email from Vancouver office today (13th Feb 2018) stating the following
"This is concerning your application for Canadian Citizenship. You were sent a notification to attend a test and interview on February 15 at 08:18 AM. This email is to advise you that you were scheduled in error and you do NOT need to attend tomorrow."

The thing to note that they sent me this email 24 hours prior to my test. I am super depressed, tensed and shocked. Is there anyone who had the similar situation ? is it a normal thing or should I be really worrying? I have no idea what I should do. ANY ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL.

Strange. These mistakes seem to have escalated. There were 1 or two more test cancellations, but due to bad weather. Some folks had their oaths cancelled at the last minute, and their status changed from DM, back to IP. I would recommend that you call them first thing in the morning tomorrow and confirm.

Did the email come from the cic.gc.ca domain ? Does it indicate your correct UCI, and/or citizenship application number ?

apple57

Oct 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

Strange.

On the other side, on the master spreadsheet, why Feb 5 has been put as your interview date?

You mentioned Feb 15, which one is correct?

Last edited:

Malibaba

Oct 4, 2017
I am studying the book for exam and it is difficult and complicated to read. There are many information in this book in terms of history of Canada, Justice system, government and so. Do we need to memorize numbers, names, cities and ...? Please advise me.
Thanks,

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Strange. These mistakes seem to have escalated. There were 1 or two more test cancellations, but due to bad weather. Some folks had their oaths cancelled at the last minute, and their status changed from DM, back to IP. I would recommend that you call them first thing in the morning tomorrow and confirm.

Did the email come from the cic.gc.ca domain ? Does it indicate your correct UCI, and/or citizenship application number ?
I have sent an email to the office where the email came from. The email came from the address: WST-CitizenshipClient-Notification@cic.gc.ca

I will call them tomorrow morning. The following email is sent to the office "

Dear Sir Madam,

I received your email today and I am very shocked and depressed that my interview got canceled and I was informed only 24 hours prior to my test. The reason that is given in your last email "that you were scheduled in error and you do NOT need to attend tomorrow" does not make sense. My interview is not tomorrow (on 14th Feb), its actually on 15th Feb which is even more confusing. I believe that I should not be penalized for the error committed by your office.
I am fully prepared and already made the necessary arrangements e.g got the day off from my work. I am not clear why this has happened? Can you please give me more clarification on this matter as soon as possible? I would really appreciate this as I am in mental shock and depressed phase because of this situation.
Furthermore, I feel that I have not been treated fair by your office. I believe that fairness is the key and if this was truly an error then why did it take over one month before it was detected and communicated to me 24 hours prior to my scheduled test date? The invitation letter was sent to me on 19th Jan 2018 so it's about a month since that date.
I am looking forward to your swift reply and kind consideration to accommodate me for the interview on 15th Feb as this is not my fault and I deserve to be treated fair. Hope that you will understand my situation.

ANY FURTHER ADVICE?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I have sent an email to the office where the email came from. The email came from the address: WST-CitizenshipClient-Notification@cic.gc.ca

I will call them tomorrow morning. The following email is sent to the office "

Dear Sir Madam,

I received your email today and I am very shocked and depressed that my interview got canceled and I was informed only 24 hours prior to my test. The reason that is given in your last email "that you were scheduled in error and you do NOT need to attend tomorrow" does not make sense. My interview is not tomorrow (on 14th Feb), its actually on 15th Feb which is even more confusing. I believe that I should not be penalized for the error committed by your office.
I am fully prepared and already made the necessary arrangements e.g got the day off from my work. I am not clear why this has happened? Can you please give me more clarification on this matter as soon as possible? I would really appreciate this as I am in mental shock and depressed phase because of this situation.
Furthermore, I feel that I have not been treated fair by your office. I believe that fairness is the key and if this was truly an error then why did it take over one month before it was detected and communicated to me 24 hours prior to my scheduled test date? The invitation letter was sent to me on 19th Jan 2018 so it's about a month since that date.
I am looking forward to your swift reply and kind consideration to accommodate me for the interview on 15th Feb as this is not my fault and I deserve to be treated fair. Hope that you will understand my situation.

ANY FURTHER ADVICE?
All I can suggest is to call them. Not sure if or when they'll even reply to your email. People who had their oaths cancelled, barely got any reasonable explanations.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
I have question..do you get a 5th line on your ecas after it changes to Decision Made?
No its not on 5th and its actually on 15th. Whoever updated that excel file made a mistake while entering.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
I have question..do you get a 5th line on your ecas after it changes to Decision Made?
No its not on 5th and its actually on 15th. Whoever updated that excel file made a mistake while entering.