+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicants no AOR and reapply

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Was able to check ecas and found it out that my aor was from my second application recieved on jan 22nd 2018.

Reactions: Afarp

noo

Feb 12, 2018
Was able to check ecas and found it out that my aor was from my second application recieved on jan 22nd 2018.
May I ask if in the second application you updated the dates in the form (or the dates of eligibility period). or you send the same forms with previous dates and just added a letter to explain. Thanks

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
After all the gung-ho and hubris about lost applications, this is the first real evidence I am reading about an application not getting AOR.

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
May I ask if in the second application you updated the dates in the form (or the dates of eligibility period). or you send the same forms with previous dates and just added a letter to explain. Thanks
i did send the same old form and old receipt and letter of explanation.

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
After all the gung-ho and hubris about lost applications, this is the first real evidence I am reading about an application not getting AOR.
actually a week ago when i contacted through mp and mp came up with the response from cic that they recieved my first application on 23rd oct 2017 and will send the response soon.i thought the aor was for the first application but it wasnt when i checked my ecas , so i would definetly recommand who ever is waiting just send the second application for safe side.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
actually a week ago when i contacted through mp and mp came up with the response from cic that they recieved my first application on 23rd oct 2017 and will send the response soon.i thought the aor was for the first application but it wasnt when i checked my ecas , so i would definetly recommand who ever is waiting just send the second application for safe side.
It might also be that based on the MPs intervention, someone looked at BOTH applications and then took the newer one with the more up to date information. There are protocols to follow if they become aware of two parallel applications, the details of which will probably remain a mystery to us.

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
All,
I submitted my application on 22-December-2017. When I did not receive AOR, I contacted IRCC through Web form and they replied back to me after two weeks that they are not able to track my application package and I need to send them further info including Mailing package tracking number. So I did immediately through another Web form inquiry.

I received reply today as per below.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Not sure whats going on ? Anyone has similar situation ? And if yes what steps you have taken ? Any suggestion ? Should I submit another application ?

Thank you

CAN.east

Feb 15, 2018
hey Congrats!! did you have to do something to get the AOR. like contact MP, or CIC etc?
I did send web forms ( got same reply like most of us, that we verified with the info u provided, your apllication is not in our system, i did send a feedback as suggested by an agent (link) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.159223353.2062273042.1411484201 ( explaining the situation and giving suggestion to improve services . I didnt reapply and was going to go with mp contacting option, but got the AOR.
And yeah the thing that helped a bit and gave some tiny relief was requesting the agent to leave a note on file to officers ( giving details of when app was recieved etc etc and if the application was recieved , so the officer replied to the note ( that the app. Was recieved and applicant would be contacted soon.”
I think it is unlikely that applications get lost ,, it is the backlog and disorganized system/tracking etc which affected application.

Reactions: light88

soccerrr

Apr 4, 2017
All,
I submitted my application on 22-December-2017. When I did not receive AOR, I contacted IRCC through Web form and they replied back to me after two weeks that they are not able to track my application package and I need to send them further info including Mailing package tracking number. So I did immediately through another Web form inquiry.

I received reply today as per below.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Not sure whats going on ? Anyone has similar situation ? And if yes what steps you have taken ? Any suggestion ? Should I submit another application ?

Thank you
In the same boat. That responsible party will not contact you!

Reactions: optimistic6

noo

Feb 12, 2018
Received our AOR yesterday after 4 months.
No MP No second application.
Just did send through the web form and got the reply that you will hear soon. one day later they sent the AOR.

Reactions: rasmy and Afarp