+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicant from HAMILTON

muk5477

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Hi All. Completed my oath this afternoon. Whole ceremony took about an hour. Got there at 1:10pm.. they checked my drivers license and health card + confirmation of PR. They kept my PR card though. The ladies at the front took about an hour to check everyone's documents. There was about 100 people in total. After ceremony.. took pictures with the judge. We were told to apply for our passports on friday the earliest as they require 2 full business days. I also inquired about assuming my hubby's last name.. and was tols i just need to change my drivers license etc, and then include my marriage certificate in the application.

All in all the whole process for me took 6 months. Applied on Aug 15th 2017 and oath was today 6th Feb 2018. To those waiting, dont worry you will soon receive your citizenship too, just be patient.

Good luck everyone!!
Congrats

muk5477

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Congrats @gosia
So happy for you!
I got a fingerprint request by mail today, my Ecas has never been updated though!
Anyway, I'm planning to have it done tomorrow.
Does anyone know how long after fingerprint can applicant get test invite?
Please share your experiences
2 to 3 months

Reactions: Pcanadian

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hi All. Completed my oath this afternoon. Whole ceremony took about an hour. Got there at 1:10pm.. they checked my drivers license and health card + confirmation of PR. They kept my PR card though. The ladies at the front took about an hour to check everyone's documents. There was about 100 people in total. After ceremony.. took pictures with the judge. We were told to apply for our passports on friday the earliest as they require 2 full business days. I also inquired about assuming my hubby's last name.. and was tols i just need to change my drivers license etc, and then include my marriage certificate in the application.

All in all the whole process for me took 6 months. Applied on Aug 15th 2017 and oath was today 6th Feb 2018. To those waiting, dont worry you will soon receive your citizenship too, just be patient.

Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations to you and to your family. Hopefully, Our journey to citizenship will finish as quick as yours. Enjoy....

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Congrats @gosia
So happy for you!
I got a fingerprint request by mail today, my Ecas has never been updated though!
Anyway, I'm planning to have it done tomorrow.
Does anyone know how long after fingerprint can applicant get test invite?
Please share your experiences
what line was your Ecas? Mine stuck at line 3 In process since Dec.20

Reactions: Pcanadian

Dreamland_2012

Feb 4, 2018
Morning All,

I was wondering if any one of you has taken the Citizenship test on 24th in Hamilton ? I have been waiting since and there are no updates regarding the oath date , not sure if they will send it via e-mail or mail ?

Dreamland_2012

Feb 4, 2018
Morning All,

I was wondering if any one of you has taken the Citizenship test on 24th in Hamilton ? I have been waiting since and there are no updates regarding the oath date , not sure if they will send it via e-mail or mail ?

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
Morning All,

Hi. You will receive oath invite via email most likely this month, your oath will most likely be in March

Reactions: Dreamland_2012