Dec 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July2015
Thanks all for your wishes, I am enjoying this waiting game :p :p and I will let you know once I get the magical "ready for visa" email.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
Are people still getting calls by CIC to do in land landing at their office? Or is everyone just going to the border?

Also my previous SIN card is expired so should I get it renewed before I land or it's fine?

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Octanu said:
Are people still getting calls by CIC to do in land landing at their office? Or is everyone just going to the border?

Also my previous SIN card is expired so should I get it renewed before I land or it's fine?
I didnt know we can land landing in their office? I was planning to go to border as soon as I get my passport back.

For the SIN card, I can't give you a definitive answer since I'm not sure. In my opinion it should be fine.
But if you want to be sure, while waiting for other experienced user here to give the answer, what I would do is actually try to call CIC and ask for advise since you already at the end of this process.. dont forget to mention to them that you already sent the passport and just waiting it be returned from CIC.

Hope it helps! It's almost over Octanu for both of us! I'm really excited :D

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
XanderZ said:
I didnt know we can land landing in their office? I was planning to go to border as soon as I get my passport back.

For the SIN card, I can't give you a definitive answer since I'm not sure. In my opinion it should be fine.
But if you want to be sure, while waiting for other experienced user here to give the answer, what I would do is actually try to call CIC and ask for advise since you already at the end of this process.. dont forget to mention to them that you already sent the passport and just waiting it be returned from CIC.

I know, thank God! :D

And yeah I think I'll call them tomorrow to check :)

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
XanderZ said:

And yeah in December they were calling people and giving them appointments to land in their offices. I guess they aren't doing it anymore.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Octanu said:

Your previous SIN card should start with 9, as it is for temporary resident. With a PR status, you will be assigned a different one. So your old one will be replaced anyways once you landed. That's why it is not critical to renew it before you land...

The only minor chance of hiccup is if you have been working while your SIN has expired. Maybe nothing will happen or they will slightly scold you there. Shouldn't be anything major thou.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
XanderZ said:

One of my friends landed in the Etobicoke office (Toronto) in December because he had a 2 month old baby and didn't want to go to Niagara Falls in the cold. But unless you have a similar case, I would suggest when you get your passport back, take the next day off and go to the border to land. You won't sleep that night (my experience) - better to get this over with ASAP. On weekdays, the border is pretty ok, on weekends it is insane.

Happy landing :)

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
retwant said:
Your previous SIN card should start with 9, as it is for temporary resident. With a PR status, you will be assigned a different one. So your old one will be replaced anyways once you landed. That's why it is not critical to renew it before you land...

The only minor chance of hiccup is if you have been working while your SIN has expired. Maybe nothing will happen or they will slightly scold you there. Shouldn't be anything major thou.
Ok thank you :)
N no I wasn't working, I'm the dependant in the application.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Octanu said:
Ok thank you :)
N no I wasn't working, I'm the dependant in the application.
You are welcome! Just happy that a fellow October applicants finally got their PPR after a long wait...

Raj canindians

Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 2013
AOR Received.
jan 2014
File Transfer...
aug 2014
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
april 2015
Hi guys.. I have applied PR under cec in nov 2013. then received AOR in jan 10/2014. i did not receive anything after that. i am waiting for MR. I emailed them but no reply. and i applied my BOWP in feb 2015. any of you are still waiting for MR?

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Raj canindians said:
Hi guys.. I have applied PR under cec in nov 2013. then received AOR in jan 10/2014. i did not receive anything after that. i am waiting for MR. I emailed them but no reply. and i applied my BOWP in feb 2015. any of you are still waiting for MR?
There are many people like you , even i am in the same boat.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/who-waiting-for-mr-for-more-than-8-months-please-join-here-t248369.1110.html

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj canindians said:
Have you ordered your GCMS yet? Have you tried contacting your MP to inquire about your application status?

Raj canindians

Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 2013
AOR Received.
jan 2014
File Transfer...
aug 2014
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
april 2015
retwant said:
Have you ordered your GCMS yet? Have you tried contacting your MP to inquire about your application status?
yes I ordered gcms in first week of feb.. how long usually it takes? what MP will do in this case?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Raj canindians said:
yes I ordered gcms in first week of feb.. how long usually it takes? 30 days from day of apply what MP will do in this case?

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Hi guys,

as of Feb 20,2015 I officially landed as PR! thank you very much for all the helps & support.
I'll still be around here in the forum try to help everyone as much as I can.

I hope the rest of fellow oct 2013 applicants who still waits will get their PR soon. :)