retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezafc said:
You can't! If you land you have to await your PR card. Then you can travel abroad and back in. There were number of cases that people have gone travelling without their PR card and were allowed back in but with a lot of headache. It is ADVISED not to do so.

Once you land all of your previous permits and visas become void. You need to stay in Canada to receive your PR card.

Then again, rules might have been changed. Ask the CIC call center.
Hahaha. Just wait until we are few months away from the forum. Maybe by then, all the rules have been changed, and we don't even know whats going on anymore...

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Octanu said:
Guys I just got the PPR email! Soooo relieved!! Thank God and thank you to all those who wished me and helped me in this waiting time
Congrats!!!! So happy that you and Xanderz are through. Happy landing :)

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
Octanu said:
Guys I just got the PPR email! Soooo relieved!! Thank God and thank you to all those who wished me and helped me in this waiting time
Awesome !!! A great great news. Patience paid at-last. Happy for you and your family :)

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
Thank you to all my dear friends! You guys really made the waiting process better and easier :)
Good luck to all of you with everything!

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
Happy for you Octanu.
As long as travelling is concerned Officer at the border told me not to travel with PR card, but I read on forum that you can re-enter through land, even if you do not have the PR card. Not sure about that,

Happy Landing, and I hope they will not make us wait for PR card this long. LOL

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
badalpharm said:
Happy for you Octanu.
As long as travelling is concerned Officer at the border told me not to travel with PR card, but I read on forum that you can re-enter through land, even if you do not have the PR card. Not sure about that,

Happy Landing, and I hope they will not make us wait for PR card this long. LOL
Thank you. I'll call CIC also and confirm.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Cool, it sure is nice to see your status changed! Also there would be another tab opening after you land. And it's your PR card. ;)

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Anyone else awaiting PPR from October 2013? The only person after Octanu was Khorshed! And I don't see her active anymore! Anyone else waiting or we can call it a day for this threat?

khorshed5101

Dec 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July2015
rezafc said:
Anyone else awaiting PPR from October 2013? The only person after Octanu was Khorshed! And I don't see her active anymore! Anyone else waiting or we can call it a day for this threat?
I am still waiting and I think I will be waiting for a while. I guess my case is stuck with background security checks, and this sometimes takes forever.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
khorshed5101 said:
I am still waiting and I think I will be waiting for a while. I guess my case is stuck with background security checks, and this sometimes takes forever.
Well we have our eyes on you. Let us know when yours flow in. Hopefully you'll get the good news soon ;)

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
khorshed5101 said:
Just stay positive and it should be here soon. I feel like CIC is now catching up and clearing the back log which consists of mostly people from 2013. So don't lose hope :)

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Octanu: My friend finally your PPR day came I am so happy for you. I wish you a very happy landing and have a wonderful life ahead.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
alijumani said:
Octanu: My friend finally your PPR day came I am so happy for you. I wish you a very happy landing and have a wonderful life ahead.
Thank you and Alhumdulilah for everything :)
I wish best of luck to you guys also because it makes me happy to see the support I got from you all :)