Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aram91 said:
Hi everyone,

I am an october applicant that hasn't heard anything back from CIC after sending medicals back in May.

The application was received on October 25, and I have paid my RPRF on the day of my medicals assessment.

Now that I have waited almost half a year in vain, I would like to send CIC an email for some process check.

I just don't know what the best way to explain myself in this email is so that, instead of giving general answers that don't really mean much, they will actually give me some facts and maybe timeframe to hold on to.

Your advice and help are much appreciated.

(Oh, and by the way, how do you update your timeline? I've been trying to figure it out and still have no idea :( )

Thanks again!!
Maybe you can send them an email to update them that you have performed Medical Exam on <date> with <doctor>, and the result have been uploaded in emed since <date>. In addition, you have also paid RPRF fees on <date> and sent the receipt to <email>.

Toby has created template here: http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/email-template.html I followed the example, and it worked great with me. Maybe you can use it?

Good luck with that!

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
The RPRF request takes how long after the medicals are done? My doctor said she uploaded the results but how will I know when they review it and when the next step will be. I'm an October 2013 applicant.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
Waiting for RPRF request after medical since last week. Don't know when I will receive that email. Losing my patience now. It's been 13 months since I applied.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Octanu said:
Waiting for RPRF request after medical since last week. Don't know when I will receive that email. Losing my patience now. It's been 13 months since I applied.
When did you get your MR?

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Octanu said:
The RPRF request takes how long after the medicals are done? My doctor said she uploaded the results but how will I know when they review it and when the next step will be. I'm an October 2013 applicant.
It is better to order GCMS notes now.

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Octanu said:
How long do they take to come?
30 calendar days (weekend included)

aram91

Nov 30, 2013
Hi guys
Still haven't figured out how to update the timeline so here's whats happening with my case:

1. application received on Oct 25
2. MR and RPRF done on the same day in May (can't remember the date)

now I have a question. My medical was done in May and uploaded a week or two later by the doctor. The application status on ECAS as of today is still "In Process" and apparently my medical documents are still under review (this my laywer found out for me; she contacted CIC on my behalf). My understanding is that your medical files are assessed by some sort of med department before they get sent to the visa office or wherever the actual processing takes place. Now, if the medical department needed additional assessments done, wouldn't they have contacted me within 60 days upon receiving my file? I just don't understand why they should hold my file so long there if they are not going to ask me for extra documents. Has anyone seen or heard of anyone in a similar situation??

Thanks

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
We did medicals Feb 2014. We got PPR Oct.
Indeed, medicals may take time for some, but they will send you a letter if they need something.
I'm a July 2013 applicant.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
Really getting impatient as it has been 13 months snide I applied. Just ordered my gcms notes and now will see the MP because it has been a while since I did my medicals.