15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
I keep getting the error message "something went wrong" when I click on "save and continue" in the online OCI registration form. This message is repeatable, and is independent of the type of browser being used.

Did any of you run into a similar brick wall , and which browser(s) did you use ?

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
Hello everyone,

I was trying to find the thread or post related to "name change ever" in OCI application form. Could not find it. My wife's last name was her Maiden name on 10th certificate but old passport before marriage had last name blank. after marriage and before applying for PR we renewed passport and added Last name as present one. But when we renewed her passport we underwent the whole process of name change with Affidavit and newspaper publication. Now my question is Should I say yes for "name changed ever" in OCI application form o

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Apply for OCI outside Canada
After being a Canadian citizen, and one gets an opportunity to work in a different country on work permit. Is it possible to apply for OCI from outside Canada, with a non-Canadian mailing address? Or do you need to return to Canada, and apply for OCI from there.

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Apply for OCI outside Canada
After being a Canadian citizen, and one gets an opportunity to work in a different country on work permit. Is it possible to apply for OCI from outside Canada, with a non-Canadian mailing address? Or do you need to return to Canada, and apply for OCI from there.
I have checked by calling embassy of India out of Canada, and they confirmed it is possible.

Reactions: akshay.1o

qc_montreal

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hello everyone, I would appreciate if someone who had a first hand experience on getting OCI can please explain the process. It seems to be very complicated, and I think they require all the original documents. I am worried about giving them original docs.

If I decide to get multiple visa instead of OCI, how long can I stay on visa. After exiting, how soon can I re-enter.

Thanks
Hello,
I am Indian citizen living in Canada and my wife is Canadian so is her parents ,Her father lost his Indian passport and has a police report and her mom 2 years back took Canadian citizenship ,Now I want to know on what basis can she apply for OCI ?

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
Hello, Did anyone have a recent experience in submitting application walkin at Toronto BLS? i submitted passport cancellation and oci together. i also got my cancelled passport back within a week. my concern is about oci. i carried all copies and originals. BLS rep checked my originals but did not collect any of them. i even asked for marriage certificate and copr. The bls status shows "original documents sent from consulate" via purolator. Not sure whats going on....

ashlobo

Mar 20, 2016
Hi All,

I plan on going to the Toronto BLS office on saturday to submit an application for passport surrender as well as OCI. My question is specific to the OCI photo requirement. According to the Check list

"PHOTOGRAPH INSTRUCTIONS: - One photo of size 51 mm x 51 mm  Photograph can be taken in off-white, light colored background in a glossy finish  The photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application form.  Photo must be compliant with specifications; refer to https://www.blsindia-canada.com/photo_spec.php  You can avail of this service at any of the walk-in Centers. Please note: You may avail of the photograph service at BLS however; you are required to scan the physical photo and upload the same to your application online."

Now I already uploaded a photo online along with the signature image and printed out the application that got generated. Since the photo and signature are already on the printed form, do I still need to provide them with a physical photo. If so, I do have the photo, but it's not in the 51x51 format. Can I possibly get my existing photo printed in the 51x51 format at the walk in centre? If not, could i simply take another photo and would it be ok (even though the instruction states that it should be the same). I'd not ask this question usually, but with a chalta hai attitude typically in Indian offices, I'm wondering if anyone has experience on this

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
hello experts.. anyone can share light on my situation...

i applied for surrender of Indian Passport on 28th September and my Indian passport has been cancelled and delivered to me today (8th october)...Yes!! 10 days time... unbelievable....

Secondly, i applied for my OCI on 2nd October (as i filled the form incorrectly so had to go back)... as of today it says FILE ACKNOWLEDGED AT MISSION- VANCOUVER 8th OCTOBER...

My questions :

1. I have tickets booked for a travel to INDIA on 23rd NOVEMBER ... any cases here where OCI was processed in 6 weeks or less??

2. Upon reading the comments i realised i never submitted my COPR and neither the girl(s) asked for it while submitting... it should be fine ??? or the government is going to request additional documents/ photographs etc in my case??

any inputs are much appreciated.!!!

thanks

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Can someone explain the 50 year rule for OCI. I am 48 years old and got the canadian passport few days back which will expire in 2028, so as per my understanding I need to renew OCI in 2028. But when I called BLS call center, he told me that OCI much be renewed once I cross 50 years of age not in 2028 (my passport renewal year). This makes no sense. I repeatedly asked the rep if he is sure, he said yes he is.
Well I had just renewed my passport when I was 48 and currently am 53 my passport does not expire till 2024 and I have traveled to India back to back in 2017 and 2018 after I was 50. I have had no issues as long as you carry your old passport with the "U" visa sticker that has validity of LIFELONG. and the OCI booklet with your new passport. As a matter of fact the officers are not aware of the guidelines and as per a few individual that have similar experience have been told not to waste your money in renewing OCI as they are valid for life long. It is personal choice if you want to renew after when your current passport expires till then don't worry and travel with out fear.

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi Rajmalhitra:
Just now I spoke to a BLS Toronto call centre. He mentioned when we turn 50 years no need to apply for reissue because Canada passport is still valid till 2028..,, in 2028 when we get new canada passport then must apply for reissue of OCI using OCI Misc form based on that new canada passport .....

So here we have 2 different answers on this topic ... really confusing ... :-(

May Be if some one who turned 50 years, can advise what he/she did in their case wrt oci reissue when canada passport is still valid ....just a thought ....
No need to reapply. I have had no issues.

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
My Wife's Indian passport got lost/misplaced and can't find it after she received her surrender certificate. I do have copy of landing paper but unfortunately no copies of Indian passport. I want to apply for OCI for her can I do it based on surrender certificate and copy of landing paper ? If someone kknows or has proper procedure or information it would be appreciated. I do have an OCI myself.

sandyboy388

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
Doc's Request.
24-08-2012
Nomination.....
14-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-12-2012
Med's Done....
11-12-2012 done, received on 24-12-2012 and ecas updated 11-02-2013
Passport Req..
DM: April 25th and PPR: May 2nd
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
hello experts.. anyone can share light on my situation...

i applied for surrender of Indian Passport on 28th September and my Indian passport has been cancelled and delivered to me today (8th october)...Yes!! 10 days time... unbelievable....

Secondly, i applied for my OCI on 2nd October (as i filled the form incorrectly so had to go back)... as of today it says FILE ACKNOWLEDGED AT MISSION- VANCOUVER 8th OCTOBER...

My questions :

1. I have tickets booked for a travel to INDIA on 23rd NOVEMBER ... any cases here where OCI was processed in 6 weeks or less??

2. Upon reading the comments i realised i never submitted my COPR and neither the girl(s) asked for it while submitting... it should be fine ??? or the government is going to request additional documents/ photographs etc in my case??

any inputs are much appreciated.!!!

thanks
Hey..

I had also applied around the same time as you, file acknowledged at Vancouver on 5th October and today I saw the status, it shows, "Documents Printing Status" as Processed on Oct-25-2019. In case your application and documents are in order, you should see a similar status shortly..

Not sure if not providing the COPR is fine or not, but they did take mine; I had taken a few other supporting documents, which they returned saying it's not needed. Guess we'll know soon. Update the forum when you hear back.. ;)

Cheers!
Sandy

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
"Unmarried Applicants: For both minors and adults: In the online form, please fill in ‘unmarried’ in the online form and submit a written declaration to the Consulate General of India, stating that they are single and that they have never been married."

Can somebody share the format of the declaration?

gingerboo

Mar 21, 2019
Hello, All

I am filling out application for OCI
In part B where it asks about any family member applied for OCI ?
details in that section ask about place where applied? should I write Canada or High commission jurisdiction? I live in Red Deer

Thanks in advance.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen and am preparing the application for OCI. I surrendered my Indian passport last June. My wife is of foreign origin but we have been married for 5 years. For my wife to be able to apply, would I need to get OCI first separately or can we apply together if I alone am eligible?

Thanks in advance.