Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
You are the lucky guys in BC. I wonder why the rules are different here, perhaps another way for BLS to make money with postal labels.
Yeah, sorry to hear your plight with BLS. To my surprise they were very nice and cooperated well. But they charge so many fees, they even charged courier fee that I saw later when I came out. Man, it's just $$ making scheme.

GhostUpdate

Feb 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for OCI (previously I was Indian citizen) do I need to submit my spouse passport copy ( her passport don’t have my name in spouse section).
So do I need to provide marriage certificate too? However in marriage certificate her name is like her first name + last name + my last name. Can this be an issue?

TIA

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
Thanks for replying.

1. It means that sending it via mail is faster than seeking an appointment (due to long wait times). Then why would anyone go to the appointment route? Just for making sure the file is checked there and then, or any other special reason?

2. So it confirms that one can complete the entire process of submission up to receiving the booklet by not having to visit the Consulate/BLS at any stage. Correct?
Yes don’t need to visit I wasted two hours in line security guard send me back but courier service is expensive through bls .

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
just provided them copies.
They only asked for indian passport original for verification.
Sorry to ask you this again SK, but the website says you need to submit your Canadian passport with the OCI application for postal application. Can you confirm that you did not send your original Canadian passport - just the copies?

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Sorry to ask you this again SK, but the website says you need to submit your Canadian passport with the OCI application for postal application. Can you confirm that you did not send your original Canadian passport - just the copies?
I did a walk-in. They did not took any originals.
I guess you do it when you apply through mail.

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Just to Update:

Jan 28th Walkin Brampton - OCI
Feb 18th ACK - CGI
Mar 11th - Document Printing Processed
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - Awaiting Update

Expecting a Week?

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
I am thinking of writing a letter myself stating that I work in XYZ company at ABC position and sign it myself. And I am going to provide my paystub along with the letter. I have not uploaded anything except my Indian Passport.
For OCI you need to upload a few documents other than passport (I believe they are : experience letter, COPR or landing document and copy of canadian passport but I could be wrong though. I cant access my documents anymore as the OCI site wont allow it.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
You are the lucky guys in BC. I wonder why the rules are different here, perhaps another way for BLS to make money with postal labels.
For OCI you need to upload a few documents other than passport (I believe they are : experience letter, COPR or landing document and copy of canadian passport but I could be wrong though. I cant access my documents anymore as the OCI site wont allow it.
Well, yes you need other documents. They asked me to submit my additional documents yesterday when I went to submit my application. They asked for current passport, employment letter to be uploaded.

I was not able to find that where to upload than under the pressure (while at the window at BLS) I was looking for it and then I found it.

On the left side of the window there are bunch of buttons, so you click on "Upload OCI Document/Re-upload". You will be upload the additional documents to you file.

BLS told me if I don't upload additional documents that could delay the application at consulate for OCI.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
Well, yes you need other documents. They asked me to submit my additional documents yesterday when I went to submit my application. They asked for current passport, employment letter to be uploaded.

I was not able to find that where to upload than under the pressure (while at the window at BLS) I was looking for it and then I found it.

On the left side of the window there are bunch of buttons, so you click on "Upload OCI Document/Re-upload". You will be upload the additional documents to you file.

BLS told me if I don't upload additional documents that could delay the application at consulate for OCI.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
I was responding to someone else, I hope the guy who originally asked about it gets the response. I had uploaded mine (everything) before the walkin. But they do allow uploading stuff after you submit the walk in application.

Reactions: funloving

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

What is up with this bls courier service with Purolator?
Everytime I call bls to ask any questions regarding the application they always drag me to the payment for courier. I am not ready with my file yet and so payment.
Looks like they just want you to pay upfront even if your application form is not ready.
Once you deny for payment then they try to avoid answering anymore questions.

Seriously ?? You don't show your interest helping out ppl with their questions regarding application form but always want them to pay ?

Anyway I tried to see the cost with courier service. And I been quoted ( the link they sent to email address with order number ) is so high and different all the time ranging from 130 to 160 for 2 application.

Why are they all give different quotes on it Everytime? I don't get it at all.

And what is passport cover they charge you for? Looks like they're adding charges for services that I don't even need it. When i ask for the breakdown on the quote they provide they don't answer that.

So how do i know what I'm paying for and how much.

to_munda

Feb 13, 2022
Hi guys,
I read in some old post (I just can't find it), that you can just walk in at BS Toronto, without appointment, at certain time of the day and there's no line up and you can still apply for services.
Is it true? If yes, what will be a good day & time?
TIA

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

What is up with this bls courier service with Purolator?
Everytime I call bls to ask any questions regarding the application they always drag me to the payment for courier. I am not ready with my file yet and so payment.
Looks like they just want you to pay upfront even if your application form is not ready.
Once you deny for payment then they try to avoid answering anymore questions.

Seriously ?? You don't show your interest helping out ppl with their questions regarding application form but always want them to pay ?

Anyway I tried to see the cost with courier service. And I been quoted ( the link they sent to email address with order number ) is so high and different all the time ranging from 130 to 160 for 2 application.

Why are they all give different quotes on it Everytime? I don't get it at all.

And what is passport cover they charge you for? Looks like they're adding charges for services that I don't even need it. When i ask for the breakdown on the quote they provide they don't answer that.

So how do i know what I'm paying for and how much.
Brother/Sister, I can only say that I understand how you feel as I am also a victim of the same. If you go back 3-4 pages or click on my username and read my posts you will understand what I am talking about.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I read in some old post (I just can't find it), that you can just walk in at BS Toronto, without appointment, at certain time of the day and there's no line up and you can still apply for services.
Is it true? If yes, what will be a good day & time?
TIA
No. They are sending people back now because they want to make money via postal fees.

Reactions: to_munda