+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Vivadhi

Feb 5, 2022
What does this status “ Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping” mean since I never submitted by passport? I applied by postal, will I be receiving a purolator tracking?

alks09

Dec 4, 2020
Oci document received at Ottawa on 7 March.
Anyone knows after this status how many days it takes to receive oci card as I have to fly on 13th March

kk1957

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Most of it is true... Except... You CANNOT come back with an Indian passport. You need a Canadian passport to come to Canada.
My situation is similar. What if I tell you that I will have my Canadian PR card with me. Then I can just travel back to Canada on Indian passport and use PR card to enter back to Canada?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
My situation is similar. What if I tell you that I will have my Canadian PR card with me. Then I can just travel back to Canada on Indian passport and use PR card to enter back to Canada?
Did you not cut the card during the Oath ceremony ? Regardless of which you no longer a PR the moment you become citizen.

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Hello, I have some doubts for OCI application for Toronto jurisdiction.
1) Do we need self declaration letter, for marriage, if I am single. If so can someone please share a sample letter.
Or would the below suffice?
To
The Consulate General of India,

I [Name], declare that I am single and have never been married.

2) Will offer letter work as "Professional Details of the applicant"
3) I am planning to do a walkin, will they require to submit original Canadian/Indian passport or citizenship certificate to CGI?

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
Oci document received at Ottawa on 7 March.
Anyone knows after this status how many days it takes to receive oci card as I have to fly on 13th March
Check purolator tracking number if it’s activated or pick up personally at bls 3 to 4.30 p.m if not dispatched.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
The thugs at BLS are returning my application due to a typo in the application form and want me to pay for the courier service $80 once again.

How do I obtain a new application form from the Passport Seva website? Do I just create and generate a new application form altogether? What will happen to the existing application form showing on the passport seva website? Thanks

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Hi Guys,
The thugs at BLS are returning my application due to a typo in the application form and want me to pay for the courier service $80 once again.

How do I obtain a new application form from the Passport Seva website? Do I just create and generate a new application form altogether? What will happen to the existing application form showing on the passport seva website? Thanks
U can create as many as u want. I created 4 ;) Assuming this is passport surrender.

Reactions: royce110

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You cannot use a PR card because you are no longer a Permanent Resident of Canada once you become a citizen. You will have to cut your PR card on camera at the end of the citizenship ceremony. Even if you somehow keep your PR card intact, that will be an inactive card from what I know and you will be using a deactivated PR card to enter the country. This spells trouble.

Reactions: gantisunil86

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U can create as many as u want. I created 4 ;) Assuming this is passport surrender.
Yep, this is for surrender certificate.

I called the call centre for the return tracking number and the girl there said they dont have it yet and I will receive it in 24 hours, instead of helping me she was HARD SELLING the shipping label asking me to purchase it then and there, the cost has gone up to $93 now. Fml.

kk1957

Star Member
May 31, 2015
You cannot use a PR card because you are no longer a Permanent Resident of Canada once you become a citizen. You will have to cut your PR card on camera at the end of the citizenship ceremony. Even if you somehow keep your PR card intact, that will be an inactive card from what I know and you will be using a deactivated PR card to enter the country. This spells trouble.
Someone I know who just did online oath(On March 4, 2022) told me that they give you an option to not cut the PR card if you have to travel within a few weeks and then cut it once you are back to Canada. I want to know if other people also know about this option.

kk1957

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Did you not cut the card during the Oath ceremony ? Regardless of which you no longer a PR the moment you become citizen.
Someone I know who just did online oath(On March 4, 2022) told me that they give you an option to not cut the PR card if you have to travel within a few weeks and then cut it once you are back to Canada. I want to know if other people also know about this option.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
This does not sound right. Once you come a citizen, your PR is no longer valid because you are not a PR anymore. You should contact CBSA to ensure you don't have problems re entering.