+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
This does not sound right. Once you come a citizen, your PR is no longer valid because you are not a PR anymore. You should contact CBSA to ensure you don't have problems re entering.
There could be some substance to this. They do ask before cutting the PR Card whether you are travelling out of country within 15 days. I wonder what happens if one says YES.

Reactions: dineshrehab

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Yep, this is for surrender certificate.

I called the call centre for the return tracking number and the girl there said they dont have it yet and I will receive it in 24 hours, instead of helping me she was HARD SELLING the shipping label asking me to purchase it then and there, the cost has gone up to $93 now. Fml.
Hi - sorry to hear about your situation. It really sucks. May I know what typo happened?

kk1957

Star Member
May 31, 2015
This does not sound right. Once you come a citizen, your PR is no longer valid because you are not a PR anymore. You should contact CBSA to ensure you don't have problems re entering.
Just checked with CBSA, and apparently its all good. I will still double check with IRCC.

Reactions: vvarma

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
No I applied postal and paid $80 originally and now $93 for the returned application just in postal fees!
Easy to see why they are blocking walk-in appointments. Since Appointments mean zero errors, and no postal fees - lose lose situation for them. Complaining to relevant authorities (in Canada and Indian Ministries) would only highlight your name in their systems and I fear that it could be used against the candidates in the future. Sad really. Hopefully someone with more guts than me would someday take up their case!

Reactions: BNS007 and royce110

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
U can create as many as u want. I created 4 ;) Assuming this is passport surrender.
Easy to see why they are blocking walk-in appointments. Since Appointments mean zero errors, and no postal fees - lose lose situation for them. Complaining to relevant authorities (in Canada and Indian Ministries) would only highlight your name in their systems and I fear that it could be used against the candidates in the future. Sad really. Hopefully someone with more guts than me would someday take up their case!
Follow this link
https://pgportal.gov.in
You have to register and can tell your grievances in External affairs dept.
They have to address ur issue and reply to you within a month.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Dont know if the " Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System " but repeated feedback might get their attention.

"
Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) is an online platform available to the citizens 24x7 to lodge their grievances to the public authorities on any subject related to service delivery. It is a single portal connected to all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India and States. Every Ministry and States have role-based access to this system. CPGRAMS is also accessible to the citizens through standalone mobile application downloadable through Google Play store and mobile application integrated with UMANG.

The status of the grievance filed in CPGRAMS can be tracked with the unique registration ID provided at the time of registration of the complainant. CPGRAMS also provides appeal facility to the citizens if they are not satisfied with the resolution by the Grievance Officer. After closure of grievance if the complainant is not satisfied with the resolution, he/she can provide feedback. If the rating is ‘Poor’ the option to file an appeal is enabled. The status of the Appeal can also be tracked by the petitioner with the grievance registration number."

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Surrender Certificate (Walk-In - Brampton): 21-Jan
Status on Passport Seva updated to "granted": 28-Jan
Status on Passport Seva updated to "printed": 24-Feb
Status on BLS all this while "Processing at Consulate General"
Status on BLS updated to "Ready for dispatch": 4-Mar
Status on BLS updated to "Dispatched": 4-Mar
Delivered: 7-Mar
So 6 weeks for me!

They did not include my street number and street name in the courier address. Just entered unit number of the condo, city and postal code! I had to chase Purolator to get it corrected! Anyways, I noticed it while it was in transit, got it corrected and received it without major fuss so happy for that.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That was my exact thought as well, this is the kind of nonsense that was part reason somewhere deep down within us due to which we decided to leave the country in search for a better life in the first place.

But looks like you can run but you cant hide

mylone

Jul 12, 2012
does it also take 10 day fo them to return application if something is missing o is incorrect? its been 9 days since postal application reached bls ottawa