DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello Folks,

I applied for OCI in person at BLS BRAMPTON on Feb 10, 2022. On BLS website, it shows " processing at Consulate" but on OCI website it still says " no record found " . Does anyone knows how much time it generally takes for the status to appear on OCI website ? Anyone applied for OCI around that date at Brampton location , if yes, what is the current status on OCI website ?

Thank you.

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
Good advise, thanks bro. The only problem is that in BLS Vancouver, I am seeing appointments booked until mid-April - checking the slots multiple times everyday! I plan to submit my surrender + OCI together, I am assuming you did the same?
They did not allow that in BLS Toronto. I had to submit the surrender first and then wait for 4-5 weeks to get my surrender certificate and then apply for OCI later. But you can give it a try.

Reactions: vvarma

Chetabhim

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hello Folks,

I applied for OCI in person at BLS BRAMPTON on Feb 10, 2022. On BLS website, it shows " processing at Consulate" but on OCI website it still says " no record found " . Does anyone knows how much time it generally takes for the status to appear on OCI website ? Anyone applied for OCI around that date at Brampton location , if yes, what is the current status on OCI website ?

Thank you.
Hi, I read in some previous post it takes about 3 weeks but though for me I have applied for my daughter’s Oci on 27th Jan.2022 and there is no update as yet. So I am waiting on it too .

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi, I read in some previous post it takes about 3 weeks but though for me I have applied for my daughter’s Oci on 27th Jan.2022 and there is no update as yet. So I am waiting on it too .
One other way to check is calling your bank and asking if the DD is encashed. Ideally on oci website it takes 3-5 weeks to update the status that's what I see from all previous posts in the forum.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
2022 TimeLine for OCI Application for Minor
Submitted to BLS Montreal: 10 JAN2022
Date Of Acknowledgment: 13 JAN
Original Documents received back: 18 Jan
OCI Documents Printing Status : 10 FEB
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ): 11 FEB
Document received At OTTAWA: 16 FEB 222
OCI Stamped : 16 FEB
BLS counter Delivery : 18 FEB
OCI Delivered at home : 22 Feb .
Total 43 Days

Reactions: vvarma

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hey All,

I have a quick question on applying for surrender certificate and oci via BLS. I come under Toronto Jurisdiction.

As BLS wants you to schedule appointment, do they allow you to apply surrender certificate and OCI in the same appointment provided you have the citizenship certificate and Canadian passport ?

I understand the surrender certificate is the prerequisite for OCI but I have seen some people applying both together and I’m trying to understand the process.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Hey All,

I have a quick question on applying for surrender certificate and oci via BLS. I come under Toronto Jurisdiction.

As BLS wants you to schedule appointment, do they allow you to apply surrender certificate and OCI in the same appointment provided you have the citizenship certificate and Canadian passport ?

I understand the surrender certificate is the prerequisite for OCI but I have seen some people applying both together and I’m trying to understand the process.
Not BLS toronto it seems, I have appointment next week and am in same situation.

Reactions: PumpkinJack

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hey All,

previously it was possible but now rules are changed recently and you could not apply for oci before acquiring surrender certificate

Reactions: PumpkinJack

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Has anybody recently applied for a Tourist visa to India ? I am checking to see if anybody has and if they can let me know how much time it took them to get it ? My file was accepted at the Ottawa consulate office on Feb 8 and since then it’s under processing. The website states that it can take 30 days and BLS told me it usually takes anywhere from 3 days to a couple of weeks. Please advise, thanks.
I applied last month for my kids, (US Born), and i received the 1 month tourist visa within 2 weeks. I walked in to BLS to apply and they shipped the passports back home.