+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
For those who recently applied for an entry visa at BLS Toronto/Brampton, how long did the process take? I just read an article which said that it's taking weeks for people to get their visa. I want to visit India in March so I was planning on applying for a visa next week. But it's gonna take weeks, I'd rather just wait for my OCI to be processed.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Submitted Walkin BLS Brampton on 28th Jan still showing no record, any one with similar timeline got their status updated?

Thanks!
Submitted 26th Jan Toronto walk-in.

Same status. Will update in this thread if it changes.

Reactions: gantisunil86

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
I had a basic question. Given we don’t need to submit our original passports for OCI stamping, what do we get for OCI now? Is it a card? If so, is the card used for travel purposes?
They give you a separate OCI booklet. It looks similar to passport with very few pages.

SG3108

Jan 5, 2022
BLS Toronto is hands down the worst office I've encountered in my life. And I have been to government offices and government banks in India.

Calling them buffoons would be an insult to buffoons. A bunch of buffoons can do a better job than the people there. I wonder how many hands in the Indian government were greased to get this contract.

We had the same experience as you two weeks back. For my wife's OCI, they wanted my passport, citizenship certificate, landing paper, OCI copy. Keep in mind that she was an Indian citizen herself so she wasn't applying for OCI on spouse basis.

For my OCI, they asked for my parents'landing papers a few years back.

All of these were not mentioned in any checklist. And they couldn't even provide a written piece of paper where these were listed as requirements.

And every time you go, you'll find people in a yelling match with these clowns. Perhaps, these guys thrive on fighting with applicants and must feel something missing in their lives if they don't have a yelling match for a single day.

Either way, our time is more important. So, I have only one suggestion: Take original and photocopy of all your (and your family member's documents) any time you have to deal with them. Because I swear to God, their quota seems like "How many applicants can we send home today?"

Just thinking about these guys infuriates me.
You are absolutely right- what they ask for when you talk to them and what their checklists say are two very different things. I had the same experience, i am born and raised in India , so as per the checklist, no documents of husband required as i am of Indian origin. Called the call centre and he gave me a list of documents from my husband that were required! Makes absolutely no sense.
I should also mention and i hope EVERYONE reads this- my husband submitted his Canadian passport for an Indian visa in January and BLS lost his passport!!!! They kept saying they had stamped the visa and sent it through Canada Post and Canada Post launched a 3 day tracking and confirmed it was never in their system and never picked up from the sender (BLS). Don't get me started on how infuriating this entire experience is. I think we should write to our local MPs and the CGI and have this agency removed. In the USA they have VFS and its so much easier doing the same processes there.

SG3108

Jan 5, 2022
Hello Guys,

Do you know if we can take an appointment on BLS while choosing as PASSPORT option. When I choose OCI, it never gives me any appointment date.

Please can anyone suggest.

Thank you.
I have the same question. Can I pick "passport" under appointment, because it shows much more availability. Not showing any availability for OCI is ridiculous, its the same office, same staff. Another underhanded way of BLS trying to make money from the courier service of course. So can I pick Passport and not OCI and show up with documents for OCI?

mindymoo

Apr 17, 2015
Hi guys,
I had submitted my application for entry visa on 25th Jan by post. It was received on 27th Jan. But till now I do not see any status update regarding my application here - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php . It always shows no records found. How much time is taken normally to view the status ?
Hi there! Have you received an update now? Do you mind sharing when you received it if you have?

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
I have the same question. Can I pick "passport" under appointment, because it shows much more availability. Not showing any availability for OCI is ridiculous, its the same office, same staff. Another underhanded way of BLS trying to make money from the courier service of course. So can I pick Passport and not OCI and show up with documents for OCI?
I think you should be able to do it. I was wondering if we can pick up VISA under appointment and show up for OCI because its giving early appointments if you choose VISA. I booked for OCI and went with my OCI application but no one had any clue there for what I have come. Apparently, I went to a counter and that girl was new, she had no idea about OCI procedures, so I was directed to another staff who knew about OCI.

From this what I understand is that you just take the appointment for any service and just walkin

Reactions: SG3108

mindymoo

Apr 17, 2015
Just to apprise everyone. I (actually my wife) submitted visa+surrender+OCI application at BLS Calgary on Feb 1.

Passport was sent back by Vancouver on Feb 3. BLS Calgary received it on Feb 4 itself and we received it today (Feb 7). Had passport+Visa in it :) Since they took only 1 day to process it, we were scared that they may have rejected the visa on some weird ground. But seems they can process it pretty quick.
Hi! I am literally amazed at this timeline. Was this for an entry visa?

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Finally received my OCI today.
However, the print quality is not good..most of the letters on my detail page is smudged..

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Is BLS Toronto still allowing walk-ins? I have an appointment for tomorrow, but I won't have my passport with me until Friday afternoon. So I'll have to cancel tomorrow's appointment and try for a walk-in instead.

Last edited:

do_good_be_good

Feb 2, 2022
Finally got an update of purolator tracking on BLS website regarding OCI delivery . Expected delivery tomorrow.
Hi
Did you receive your OCI card.
My application status got changed today as "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"
By when can i expect BLS to dispatch ? Will they dispatch on 17th Feb or 18th Feb.. What happened in your case, please share

Santhu0604

Jul 13, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
hello all, can i apply for oci, surrender and entry visa all together ??

thanks in advance

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
Hi
Did you receive your OCI card.
My application status got changed today as "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"
By when can i expect BLS to dispatch ? Will they dispatch on 17th Feb or 18th Feb.. What happened in your case, please share
Yes finally today got my OCI card.
you will get yours in next two days because in the next step, status will change to “passport ready for collection after OCI stamping “ and then on the next day, your tracking number will be displayed on bls website

sach1234

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September, 2014(Tuesday)
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER received: 09 January, 2015(Friday)
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU: 28 April, 2015- Tuesday (Processing started on 23rd April, 2015-Thursday)
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
TLU: 04th June, 2015(Thursday)
Passport Req..
18 June, 2015(Thursday); Passport submitted through VFS on 19 June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited; Decision made: 20 June, 2015(Saturday)
LANDED..........
Hi, I didn't find any other threads relating to India tourist visa for Canadians. I am trying to see if anybody has recently applied for tourist visa for India and what the timelines are ?