+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
BLS Toronto is hands down the worst office I've encountered in my life. And I have been to government offices and government banks in India.

Calling them buffoons would be an insult to buffoons. A bunch of buffoons can do a better job than the people there. I wonder how many hands in the Indian government were greased to get this contract.

We had the same experience as you two weeks back. For my wife's OCI, they wanted my passport, citizenship certificate, landing paper, OCI copy. Keep in mind that she was an Indian citizen herself so she wasn't applying for OCI on spouse basis.

For my OCI, they asked for my parents'landing papers a few years back.

All of these were not mentioned in any checklist. And they couldn't even provide a written piece of paper where these were listed as requirements.

And every time you go, you'll find people in a yelling match with these clowns. Perhaps, these guys thrive on fighting with applicants and must feel something missing in their lives if they don't have a yelling match for a single day.

Either way, our time is more important. So, I have only one suggestion: Take original and photocopy of all your (and your family member's documents) any time you have to deal with them. Because I swear to God, their quota seems like "How many applicants can we send home today?"

Just thinking about these guys infuriates me.
You are absolutely right deepax, this feels like they would like to deny as many applicants per day as possible & these are the same sarkari babus that complain all the tourists go elsewhere, never visit India. Why the heck would any foreigner want to deal with these BLS people? I saw 80+ year old people in the line & their families because they took visa 10 years ago & all those are canceled by Indian government.

Post a note once you get your thing, hopefully in two weeks, you will be able to follow tracking on the site.

The only relief is that we never have to deal with these people in our life again.. Cheers :)

Reactions: deepax

sapoorva

Jul 3, 2018
Hi, we have the same timelines. I am hoping to get my OCI sometime this week so that I can travel to India next week. Do you have any idea how long do they usually take from here ?
I actually received the OCI card on Sunday. It was supposed to be deilivered on Monday. BUt they delivered it on Sunday. You should get yours soon too.

Reactions: sach1234

sapoorva

Jul 3, 2018
Date Of Acknowledgment: 13-DEC-2021
Registration Status at Mission: OTTAWA
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 24-JAN-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 25-JAN-2022
Document received At OTTAWA On 10-FEB-2022

OCI Received on : 13-FEB-2022 (used the Pick up and Drop off services while applying for OCI itself)

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sunilk

Jan 14, 2022
My surrender application status changed to "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." Does this mean the certificate has been printed and going through the final QC?
My surrender application status changed to "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." Does this mean the certificate has been printed and going through the final QC?
seems like it is the starting only, have you received anything yet?

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
Mine was around 3 weeks post the status change on BLS website to : Processing at Consulate General.
Okay that's good to know because I was getting worried since everyone here had their acknowledgment date within two weeks. It'll be three weeks for me within a few days, I hope I see the acknowledgment then...

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
My daughter’s OCI dispatched from Delhi on Feb 9, 2022
Received at Toronto on Feb 9, 2022
& now today BLS website shows “counter delivery to BLS centre after OCI stamping”
Still no info regarding purolator tracking

sach1234

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September, 2014(Tuesday)
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER received: 09 January, 2015(Friday)
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU: 28 April, 2015- Tuesday (Processing started on 23rd April, 2015-Thursday)
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
TLU: 04th June, 2015(Thursday)
Passport Req..
18 June, 2015(Thursday); Passport submitted through VFS on 19 June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited; Decision made: 20 June, 2015(Saturday)
LANDED..........
I actually received the OCI card on Sunday. It was supposed to be deilivered on Monday. BUt they delivered it on Sunday. You should get yours soon too.
Yeah I received the message from Purolator and will get the OCI tmrw hopefully. Thanks

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Date of submission of oci at bls brampton 26 Jan
Date of acknowledgment on oci website 14 Feb

Before today, oci was showing no record found

Jsaini86

Dec 30, 2019
Hello everyone.

Just need information regarding my daughter's OCI passport.
So, I have to renew my 5 yr old daughter Canadian passport soon, So do I have to also renew OCI passport also after that.
I mean, I don't know exactly, Is there any kind of process for OCI renewal.
The existing one says Life long, so exactly what that means?
Thanks if anyone in the same boat can answer.

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
Hello everyone.

Just need information regarding my daughter's OCI passport.
So, I have to renew my 5 yr old daughter Canadian passport soon, So do I have to also renew OCI passport also after that.
I mean, I don't know exactly, Is there any kind of process for OCI renewal.
The existing one says Life long, so exactly what that means?
Thanks if anyone in the same boat can answer.
Well I think, you just need to update your daughter’s details like new passport number, photograph & thumb impression on OCI website under OCI miscellaneous services option. You can get more info either from OCI website or from CGI toronto website