London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
Hi Guys

My application for minor says ' Processing at Consulate General ' since Jan 14th

Is it normal?

I havent got any acknowledgement yet

Im concerned

Anyone knows whats the timeline for processing?

Thanks

ars999

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Has anyone submitted surrender Indian passport application without Canadian passport ? Given longer processing times for each items( citizenship cert, then applying canada passport, then surrender certificate, then OCI/VISA) and difficult appointment availablity at BLS, trying to see if there is any benefits/concerns & possibility of parallel processing..

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hey Guys.
1) I have applied for Canadian Passport after Getting Citizenship but haven't received the Passport Yet.
2) I just received the Surrender Certificate.

Can I Apply for OCI without Canadian Passport? or It is a must?

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hey Guys.
1) I have applied for Canadian Passport after Getting Citizenship but haven't received the Passport Yet.
2) I just received the Surrender Certificate.

Can I Apply for OCI without Canadian Passport? or It is a must?
Canadian passport is a must. The OCI is always “linked” to a foreign passport

Reactions: PunjabiDeadpool

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Just done with my OCI submission today & what a messy process it is. This is my second appointment, ent yesterday to my surprise the lady at Toronto office requested that I upload my spouse’s passport & landing papers.

What the heck? It’s not mentioned on the checklist online to upload this on OCI App. I went in today bright n early only to wait 1 hr in the cold outside. Indian railway station platforms have better crowd management this BLS Toronto office.

I paid 345$ draft & 80$ for postal chgs. In the office.

In case of anyone applying now, beware & carry every document of yours, spouse if married. Postal is better they say but they will send you the application in return for a fricking signature/wrong name. I spoke with applicants that have been sent back 4th/5th time. Avoid this office like the plague…

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Just done with my OCI submission today & what a messy process it is. This is my second appointment, ent yesterday to my surprise the lady at Toronto office requested that I upload my spouse’s passport & landing papers.

What the heck? It’s not mentioned on the checklist online to upload this on OCI App. I went in today bright n early only to wait 1 hr in the cold outside. Indian railway station platforms have better crowd management this BLS Toronto office.

I paid 345$ draft & 80$ for postal chgs. In the office.

In case of anyone applying now, beware & carry every document of yours, spouse if married. Postal is better they say but they will send you the application in return for a fricking signature/wrong name. I spoke with applicants that have been sent back 4th/5th time. Avoid this office like the plague…
BLS Toronto is hands down the worst office I've encountered in my life. And I have been to government offices and government banks in India.

Calling them buffoons would be an insult to buffoons. A bunch of buffoons can do a better job than the people there. I wonder how many hands in the Indian government were greased to get this contract.

We had the same experience as you two weeks back. For my wife's OCI, they wanted my passport, citizenship certificate, landing paper, OCI copy. Keep in mind that she was an Indian citizen herself so she wasn't applying for OCI on spouse basis.

For my OCI, they asked for my parents'landing papers a few years back.

All of these were not mentioned in any checklist. And they couldn't even provide a written piece of paper where these were listed as requirements.

And every time you go, you'll find people in a yelling match with these clowns. Perhaps, these guys thrive on fighting with applicants and must feel something missing in their lives if they don't have a yelling match for a single day.

Either way, our time is more important. So, I have only one suggestion: Take original and photocopy of all your (and your family member's documents) any time you have to deal with them. Because I swear to God, their quota seems like "How many applicants can we send home today?"

Just thinking about these guys infuriates me.

Reactions: jackbauer

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hi Guys

My application for minor says ' Processing at Consulate General ' since Jan 14th

Is it normal?

I havent got any acknowledgement yet

Im concerned

Anyone knows whats the timeline for processing?

Thanks
Pretty normal. For us it stayed in that state till the OCI was received by BLS. I would suggest checking the status on the ociservices website with application reference number and canadian passport to see what status your submission is.

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Mine still says no record found on the OCI. You mentioned your application was sent to BLS on the Jan 22 I think? So basically it took you 3 weeks to see the acknowledgment on the OCI website?

Mine says that the application was submitted to the Consulate General on Jan 27. It's been 2 weeks already but still shows no records on the OCI website, but since yours was three weeks I guess it could be another week for me too. I hope...
Mine was around 3 weeks post the status change on BLS website to : Processing at Consulate General.

Pjk1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
25 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
11 Apr 2015
Med's Request
10 May 2015
Med's Done....
01 Jun 2015,TLU -10 JUN 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 jul 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 jul 2015
Hello,
I received my Canadian passport last week, now i need to surrender my Indian Passport and get the OCI. Previously my friends were able to apply both Surrender Certificate and OCI at the same time in Toronto. BUt now BLS customer care says i need to first apply for Surrender certificate, and once i get it then only I can apply for OCI.
Can someone confirm if this is correct and is it something recently changed for Toronto?
And any idea about how long it will take for the entire process to complete?

Thanks in advance fro your response.

to_munda

Feb 13, 2022
We booked one appointment under passport and applied for surrender + visa+ oci under the same appointment
Is it possible to apply for PP Surrender AND the OCI at the same time??
I was told that I have to get the SC first and then apply for OCI :O

to_munda

Feb 13, 2022
Application submitted BLS Toronto By appointment: 30-Dec-2021
acknowledge on OCI website:13-Jan-2022
Original document received: 19 Jan-2022
OCI printed status on OCI website: 4-Feb-2022
OCI received BLS counter (BLS tracker): 7-Feb-2022
Bls tracker added new cooment about purelator tracker info : 8-Feb-2022
Prurelator tracker activated: 8-Feb-2022
A question to all you folks who applied in person:
Do you have to pay for the return of Docs (and originals), after OCI is issued, for them to send everything back to you?
Or is there any option of picking up the papers?
Thanks

to_munda

Feb 13, 2022
Hello all, what do we need to submit for professional details? Letter from employer? Any standard format?
Ditto
I would also appreciate if someone can shed some light on this.
Also, if you are self employed, then what letter/ format do you put?
TIA

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone here submitted an OCI + Visa application in a single appointment? I need to travel to India next month so I am going to submit my visa application next week (I got an appointment under visa). I am wondering If I can also submit an OCI application with it.
Hi I am planning to do the same, can you confirm were you able to submit both applications in same appointment?

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ditto
I would also appreciate if someone can shed some light on this.
Also, if you are self employed, then what letter/ format do you put?
TIA
yep - I uploaded and attached employment confirmation letter and I can tell you I got my OCI :)
If you are self employed - you could create a letter with header as your corporation name

Reactions: to_munda