+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Do we have to choose the return courier service provided by BLS? Or is there an option to collect the documents such as VISA, Surrender certificate or OCI from the BLS office?

Tarun24

Dec 9, 2021
If you apply by mail then they will only send it by mail and you have to pay for it. You can not choose to collect it from the office.

sb287

Aug 24, 2016
Can I apply for visitor visa/OCI card by going to any BLS centre ? I live near Montreal, so can I submit my application at Montreal BLS office ?

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Hi Experts,
Are we allowed to go in person to BLS Brampton centre and pick up the OCI booklet once we get "Document received at TORONTO:" status in ociservices.gov.in site? if yes, do we need an appointment or can we walk-in?
Anyone in this thread had picked up the OCI from BLS Brampton before its mailed to us? Please let me know.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Anyone in this thread had picked up the OCI from BLS Brampton before its mailed to us? Please let me know.
In toronto office I requested if I can pick up in person the entry visa and surrender certificate once they arrive. The agent said No it will be always via post and they take money for sending mail. She told it is like that all the time. If someone went for pick up let is know so that I can see if the agent was right or wrong.

Reactions: ARMIST

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Hello guys, can someone confirm if Minimum Processing time for Surrender of Indian passport at BLS Toronto/Brampton is really around 8 weeks as mentioned in the link below.
https://blsindia-canada.com/renunciation_ppt.php

Or is that old timeline from the lockdown period?

Tarun24

Dec 9, 2021
Hello guys, can someone confirm if Minimum Processing time for Surrender of Indian passport at BLS Toronto/Brampton is really around 8 weeks as mentioned in the link below.
https://blsindia-canada.com/renunciation_ppt.php

Or is that old timeline from the lockdown period?
I got my surrender certificate in 1 month exactly. Applied on 9th November,2021 and received on 10th December,2021

tm.bilal

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
I applied for Surrender certificate on Nov 26th for me and family, I received today for me and kids and not for spouse, status it says processing at consulate, is it normal? have anyone experienced it ?

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
In toronto office I requested if I can pick up in person the entry visa and surrender certificate once they arrive. The agent said No it will be always via post and they take money for sending mail. She told it is like that all the time. If someone went for pick up let is know so that I can see if the agent was right or wrong.
Thanks for the reply! Will update here if I come into that situation.

Rizjin

Nov 18, 2021
Has anyone received their oci card. I sent application on 29th oct and it was acknowledged on OcI website on 1st dec. almost month just to acknowledge. Does it take so long ??

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Has anyone received their oci card. I sent application on 29th oct and it was acknowledged on OcI website on 1st dec. almost month just to acknowledge. Does it take so long ??
Same for me. Application sent to BLS on Oct 26th. Acknowledged on OCI website on Nov 26th. Still in under process status and waiting into 7th week now.

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
I am sorry i may ask again: can we apply for surrender/ OCI at same time?
Winnipeg BLS office…
TIA…

Robbssiee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
India
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Hi Guys, super weird , my status got updated today , but in reverse, last week ( since the 6th Dec ) i was able to see the following :

Date Of Acknowledgment29-OCT-2021
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn03-DEC-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-DEC-2021
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

So the Document was dispatched from New Delhi, so i was waiting for it to be received at Ottawa, but today suddenly i checked and they have taken away the last 2 lines, and i only see the below , they have taken away the dispatched status and received lines, does anyone know what is going on with this ?, this is just getting out of hand , with the date of acknowledgement being 29th October.

Date Of Acknowledgment29-OCT-2021
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn03-DEC-2021

If anyone has any clue, please shed some light.