+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Nov 2, 2020
I am currently filling up the online application for OCI. It is asking to upload Canadian Passport and Indian passport.
1. Do I have to upload the entire passport or just the photo pages? Limit is only 1000 KB any software to compress?
2. I am planning to upload the passport documents and employment letter. Are there any other documents to upload apart from these?
1. Canadian first bio page only, Indian passport first and last bio pages only.
2. Scan 300 DPI, it should be within the 1MB, or use NitroPdf. Nitropdf has optimizing option to reduce size.
3. Employment letter is not required, double check with BLS. They told me a month ago, no employment required.
4. there are four document that are required to upload self attested with statement ""this is true ..." COPR, Indian Passport showing cancelled passport stamp, Canadian Passport and Marriage Certificate.

hope it helps!

Reactions: krunal2904

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi, I know this been asked numerous times but I cant find a fix answer and there is lack of information about this. Everyone has different opinion and experience about this.
Can we travel with the Indian passport if we are under 3 month citizenship grant period?

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
what are your timelines?
Applied through postal at BLS Brampton
29th Oct: Purolater pick up
01 Nov: Received at BLS as per purolater tracking
04 Nov: Received application on BLS as per website
Nov 15: Status changes from under process to Processing at consulate
Since then no update on BLS and also no records on OCI inquiry website.

yourr.grace

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Processing at consulate general. no changes yet !
Could you please let us know here when your status changes to 'counter delivery to BLS'' or 'ready for dispatch' or 'ready for pickup'?
You and i have exact same date of acknowledgement(29th oct) and date of processed(25th nov) but BLS screwed up the status part for me. It has always been 'Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)' since the first day. A change in your status can tell me that mine might have changed too.
My ticket for India is booked for Saturday, my last hope is, the status changes to 'ready for dispatch or collection' by tomorrow (friday). I will rush to Brampton to collect it.

Request you to update.

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Could you please let us know here when your status changes to 'counter delivery to BLS'' or 'ready for dispatch' or 'ready for pickup'?
You and i have exact same date of acknowledgement(29th oct) and date of processed(25th nov) but BLS screwed up the status part for me. It has always been 'Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)' since the first day. A change in your status can tell me that mine might have changed too.
My ticket for India is booked for Saturday, my last hope is, the status changes to 'ready for dispatch or collection' by tomorrow (friday). I will rush to Brampton to collect it.

Request you to update.
100% I will let you know.
If your flight is this Saturday, I would suggest you to go today only at 3pm (or a little before) and collect it . You will clearly know the status of what's happening. No point in waiting . Call them if possible

Reactions: lifein360

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hi All,

Document attestation by MEA, is it on the spot or will there be any wait time like few days? I will go in-person to Downtown. Please advise.

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
I called them. Apparently, there is one last stage pending. the OCI has to move from CGI Toronto to BLS. I am assuming an email move or something. once BLS has it in their mailbox(or whatever), they will be able to print it and hand it over to me. I wanted to go today as well as tomorrow but I am not sure if going today would help. i can try though. These clowns returned my file once and second time, they sat on it for 10 days before touching it. I might miss my flight by a day. but anyway, i will try.

Appreciate your response and help :)
If it is already received by CGI toronto, then you can go to CGI as well.. CGI toronto have been responsive on email and twitter .. You can try that avenue as well

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi, have some questions on the process, if latest applicants could help-
1. What is the latest process for surrendering Indian passport and OCI application - is BLS Brampton accepting both together at present or not?
2. Do we just need one login id per application or one login can be used for all family members?
3. What is the status of walk-in? Do we have to stand in this cold. When are appointments normally available?
Thank you everyone for helping out.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi, have some questions on the process, if latest applicants could help-
1. What is the latest process for surrendering Indian passport and OCI application - is BLS Brampton accepting both together at present or not?
2. Do we just need one login id per application or one login can be used for all family members?
3. What is the status of walk-in? Do we have to stand in this cold. When are appointments normally available?
Thank you everyone for helping out.
1. Have to do it separately. They changed the rule recently and BLS won’t allow applying for both separately

2. One login per application.

3. Yes. If Brampton or Toronto you will have to start queuing no later than 6 AM.

azizvohra

Dec 3, 2013
Anyone here whose application in vancouver and stuck on status (Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping) for few days?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
If it is already received by CGI toronto, then you can go to CGI as well.. CGI toronto have been responsive on email and twitter .. You can try that avenue as well
My OCI Application status is showing as "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping" on BLS Site now. Date of Acknowledgement is Oct 29 and OCI is printed on Nov 25. What will be the next?

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015

Request you to update.
my status changed to Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping

yourr.grace

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
my status changed to Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
Thankyou. I visited the centre today. As per them it is being processed at CG and they are waiting to receive it. I think i have to wait for the status to change to ‘ready to pickup. I only have tomorrow(friday) to get the new status. Please update me if you see your status change. thanks again.

Reactions: ajit90

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how I can track the status of my Passport Surrender Application on the BLS website? I don't see Passport Surrender in the drop down options on the tracking page.

I know it can be done through Passport Seva. However, I'm assuming the status will only be reflective on Passport Seva when the application is sent to the Indian High Commission. Is that the case? Or does BLS itself issue the surrender certificate and not send it to the Indian High Commission?

If so, is there a way to track what happens with the application once it reaches the BLS centre?
Can anyone help me out with this question please?