+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Also I can see in Passport details section the field previous passport no. Is not mandatory do we need to fill or can keep blank
Pls let me know
Based on the discussion here, most of the applicants filled the Indian passport details in the previous passport num. But I know @rajkamalmohanram forgot to fill that field and he did not face any issues.

I would suggest to fill the Indian passport number.

Reactions: priysen02

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Sorry being an off topic here but couldn’t find relevant group.
So i am travelling from Toronto to Ahmedabad via Delhi in Air India. I have 3 hours of connection at Delhi Airport before boarding a flight to Ahmedabad. My question is; do we have to collect our luggage at delhi and submit again to air india counter ? Is 3 hours enough for immigration and other formalities ?
Fyi ; entire journey from toronto to ahmedabad is under one PNR.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So i am travelling from Toronto to Ahmedabad via Delhi in Air India. I have 3 hours of connection at Delhi Airport before boarding a flight to Ahmedabad. My question is; do we have to collect our luggage at delhi and submit again to air india counter ? Is 3 hours enough for immigration and other formalities ?
Baggage collection happens at the first point of entry into India as far as I know. I had a domestic transfer in Mumbai once and I had to take all my luggage and check all those back in before flying to my final destination. 3 hours might be enough for immigration and baggage collection.

However, 3 hours might not be enough IF you have to get a COVID test done. I think if you are flying direct from Toronto to Ahmedabad, you might not have to get tested at the airport but the rules are a bit cloudy and unclear and confusing and might change. So, do your due diligence before you travel.

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Hi I applied OCI 20th Sept, have no updates.
I have to travel urgently next week. What are options I have in this case. Even surrender certificate is not received yet since 5 weeks,

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you have to collect your bags and cross customs/immigration and re-submit the bags to air india for the domestic side. There is a separate "drop off counter" for such domestic connections on T3 as soon as you exit the international terminal (assuming your connection leaves from T3).
3 hours is more than enough time. Show you boarding pass to the ground staff once you land and they will guide you.
best of luck!
nerd.
PS: also you have to undergo PCR test as soon as you get off the plane. They will guide you, you cannot miss it. Takes 10 mins. enjoy.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Yes, you have to collect your bags and cross customs/immigration and re-submit the bags to air india for the domestic side. There is a separate "drop off counter" for such domestic connections on T3 as soon as you exit the international terminal (assuming your connection leaves from T3).
3 hours is more than enough time. Show you boarding pass to the ground staff once you land and they will guide you.
best of luck!
nerd.
PS: also you have to undergo PCR test as soon as you get off the plane. They will guide you, you cannot miss it. Takes 10 mins. enjoy.
Assuming you will have to get an appointment at that lab in Delhi that is approved by Canada to fly direct to Canada

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Hi I applied OCI 20th Sept, have no updates.
I have to travel urgently next week. What are options I have in this case. Even surrender certificate is not received yet since 5 weeks,
Talk to CGI or BLS for options as you don't have your Indian passport as well. You could try to apply for the entry visa along with the surrender application receipt.

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Thanks all for your response but need ur help again in the section of any relatives staying in India .of the OCI online form
My husband is in India for last 2 years . He is a PR planning to travel Nov end . Shall I add him in this section or no need to add.

Also can we keep National Identification Number blank
Please advise . Any suggestion is highly appreciated

Last edited:

Jyothi87

Oct 21, 2021
How and when your passport cancellation happened? You never received an enclosed cancellation letter along with cancelled passport?
I cancelled my Indian passport in 2019. I don’t remember receiving any certificate. I just have it stamped on my passport.