Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
How to track OCI application ? Is it through status enquiry link on OCI services site ?

chirag9331

Aug 7, 2013
Got an update today. Application submitted at Brampton BLS on 15 September. In Process on OCI on 23 September.
I am unsure as to what "On" means in the 3rd column below. Or is it just "On date"? Anyone?

Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment23-SEP-2021
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn20-OCT-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn20-OCT-2021
Document received AtTORONTOOn20-OCT-2021

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Got an update today. Application submitted at Brampton BLS on 15 September. In Process on OCI on 23 September.
I am unsure as to what "On" means in the 3rd column below. Or is it just "On date"? Anyone?

Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment23-SEP-2021
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn20-OCT-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn20-OCT-2021
Document received AtTORONTOOn20-OCT-2021
On the date Oct 20 I guess others can confirm

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Does the attestation date need to match on all documents we upload and submit . I have attested and scanned all other documents earlier . Only Canadian pp came 19th so the attestation date on photocopy will be be different . Will it make any difference . Experts please advise

Jup43

Oct 21, 2021
Hello,

for Surrender of Indian passport / Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Checklist, if I am mailing it in, do I have to mail in the original "Canadian/ Foreign oath certificate" and original copy of the "landing paper"?

Also what is the marriage certificate to be used for people married in India?

mvrsingh416

Oct 14, 2021
Did anyone apply for regular Indian visa while waiting for OCI ? If yes, can you provide the timelines for visa stamping and delivery ?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,

for Surrender of Indian passport / Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Checklist, if I am mailing it in, do I have to mail in the original "Canadian/ Foreign oath certificate" and original copy of the "landing paper"?

Also what is the marriage certificate to be used for people married in India?
Only Original Indian Passport needs to be submitted for Surrender Application. Rest of them are just copy of documents. People who married in India need to submit Marriage Certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages or District Administration.

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
5 weeks since I applied OCI and Surrender certificate togather. I have no update even on Surrender certificate. Anyone has such experience. I thought it takes 4 weeks for surrender.

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
5 weeks since I applied OCI and Surrender certificate togather. I have no update even on Surrender certificate. Anyone has such experience. I thought it takes 4 weeks for surrender.
It seems wierd. You should have good progress on surrender process, near to closure. When did you apply?

Jyothi87

Oct 21, 2021
Hello everyone
I am new to this forum. Planning to apply for an OCI for me and my 6 year old son. Was reading up and the whole process is pretty daunting. Don’t know where to start. I have a millions questions on my list. I’ll be applying from Alberta through mail.
1. Can I mail both of our applications together?

2. I don’t have a surrender certificate in particular. I have my cancelled Indian passport with a stamp on it saying it has been cancelled. So do I have to apply for a surrender certificate separately or is the stamp on the cancelled passport sufficient?

3.My Indian passport has my maiden name and my Canadian passport has a different last name since I got married. So I should print a letter explaining why. Should theaffidavit be notarized?

4.How do we scan a thumb print?

5.Do we have to upload the documents in part A or part B?

Really sorry for asking so many questions. Some may sound silly but any help is appreciated.
Thank you