+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
They took 0 copies of my checklist at BLS Brampton. They returned the checklist for both OCI and surrender. I applied in-person, not sure if its the same for mail-in applications.
You're right. They didn't take Checklist for Surrender and OCI. They didn't even take COPR copy of mine or my spouse while applying in person at BLS Brampton today.

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
I just checked the OCI status page and I see that the document status is processed and OCI number is generated. Also it has been dispatched from MEA(New Delhi) and received at Toronto on 21 October(?).
when did you apply for OCI

Shikha15

Nov 19, 2017
Hi All, i just checked and found oci processed for my minor. If anyone can suggest how much time it will take to receive the same? I live in London Ontario.

Doa - sep 24
Doc printing status - processed oct 20th
Doc received at Toronto Oct 21st

Thanks

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
Hi All, i just checked and found oci processed for my minor. If anyone can suggest how much time it will take to receive the same? I live in London Ontario.

Doa - sep 24
Doc printing status - processed oct 20th
Doc received at Toronto Oct 21st

Thanks
I have the same exact dates for those 3 events. I am hoping I get it here in Kitchener by Monday the 25th. Definitely should be here by early next week or if lucky, even Saturday(not sure if Purolator delivers on Saturday).

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Is self attestation on marriage certificate good enough for upload and submission for OCI . I am a single applicant . My husband is not doing OCI . I called BLS several times some times they say only yours signature will do some say both you and your husband need to sign . It is so very confusing.

Any suggestion please from experts on this forum is highly appreciated

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
Is self attestation on marriage certificate good enough for upload and submission for OCI . I am a single applicant . My husband is not doing OCI . I called BLS several times some times they say only yours signature will do some say both you and your husband need to sign . It is so very confusing.

Had the same issue as I applied for OCI for me and my mom(didn't do OCI for dad). BLS told us both need to sign for self attestation and that's what we ended up doing. Her OCI was also accepted and finished processing today.

Reactions: priysen02

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......

I am Canadian Citizen and my spouse is still Indian Citizen. I applied for my Surrender and OCI application at BLS Brampton and I submitted all copies with my self attestation only. I didn't put any signature of my spouse. Copy of Marriage Certificate is still accepted by BLS Brampton.

Last edited:

lnp

Oct 20, 2021
My OCI application status says :
Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

I did postal application and paid for Purolator pickup & drop off charges $175 ( one time pickup $35 + $35 each for all four application , I did passport surrender and OCI together for me and my wife. )

Anyone in the same situation before ? should I wait it to be delivered or visit BLS office ?
I really do not want to call BLS because call seems to redirect India and it sucks ! ( this guys made me pay $175 courier charges twice , still waiting for refund , not sure if I ever get it )
help appreciated !!

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Had the same issue as I applied for OCI for me and my mom(didn't do OCI for dad). BLS told us both need to sign for self attestation and that's what we ended up doing. Her OCI was also accepted and finished processing today.
For uploading marriage certificate as well you uploaded the one with both self attested I believe

Reactions: aj1997

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......

Application Status

I did postal application and paid for Purolator pickup & drop off charges $175 ( one time pickup $35 + $35 each for all four application , I did passport surrender and OCI together for me and my wife. )

Anyone in the same situation before ? should I wait it to be delivered or visit BLS office ?
I really do not want to call BLS because call seems to redirect India and it sucks ! ( this guys made me pay $175 courier charges twice , still waiting for refund , not sure if I ever get it )
help appreciated !!
Sorry to hear. If you have paid for the Purolator pickup & drop-off then technically, Documents should come to your mailing address but someone can confirm whoever has did this before.

Reactions: lnp

thenumbiceman

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2015
Doc's Request.
~
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
IELTS Request
~
Med's Request
~
Passport Req..
26-01-2016

Application Status

help appreciated !!
complain on twitter. BLS is so inefficient.