Walkin application on 15- Sept-2021
Acknowledgement- 18-SEPT- 2021.
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On --- 08-OCT-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On - 08-OCT-2021
Doc received At Vancouver - 08-OCT-2021

When should I expect to receive OCI??
Planning to travel on Oct 29.

Thank you all.
WTH that was pretty quick. There is a good chance you'll receive the OCI sometime next week.

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
OCI APPLICATION FOR MINOR- VANCOUVER

Thank you all.
You will get it in another 2 business days.
Just one thing to clarify- Doc print/received all of these are dated 8th Oct or 7th October!!
Does that mean everything is done at India or India consulate at Canada updates everything in IST.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just one thing to clarify- Doc print/received all of these are dated 8th Oct or 7th October!!
Does that mean everything is done at India or India consulate at Canada updates everything in IST.
Its actually weird. How can they process, send the document and receive it in Canada on the same day. I think the processing and shipping of the document is done soon after acknowledgement and once the document reaches Canada, they update all 3 statuses at once.

That is only my guess, I could be wrong.

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Its actually weird. How can they process, send the document and receive it in Canada on the same day. I think the processing and shipping of the document is done soon after acknowledgement and once the document reaches Canada, they update all 3 statuses at once.

That is only my guess, I could be wrong.
I believe everything must be done here in Canada. Real doc printing and all. There may not be any shipping kind of thing between ind and Canada.
Only India official must be verifying online docs and background checks.
Since it’s not yet 8th oct yet here , that means decisions are made in India.

Reactions: sharadsinha

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I believe everything must be done here in Canada. Real doc printing and all. There may not be any shipping kind of thing between ind and Canada.
Only India official must be verifying online docs and background checks.
Since it’s not yet 8th oct yet here , that means decisions are made in India.
Could be. But I see this on the BLS website :

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/oci.php

Please note that OCIs are printed in India and in some cases, depending on various reasons it may take more than normal time for the OCI to be ready. Therefore it is advised that please do not buy tickets in anticipation of receipt of OCI.
VFS (The authorized consultant in the US) also has similar information on their site :

https://services.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/india/united-states-of-america/oci-services/#new-oci

PROCESSING TIME FOR NEW OCI AT EMBASSY/CONSULTANT & NEW DELHI FOR OCI CARDS
Same information in the website of Indian consulate in San Fransisco

https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/FAQs-O/

Processing at Mission / New Delhi

• Application is processed at Consulate
  • Notification is sent to New Delhi
  • Application is processed in New Delhi
  • Cards are printed in New Delhi & sent to local Consulate
May be this used to be the process before and they haven't updated their websites yet but can't be sure.

patel55

Jun 19, 2017
It's all dated 8th Oct IST. I think so it's all IST as i checked the status at like 3 pm PST today I.e Oct 7.

gumparla

Jan 26, 2017
It's all dated 8th Oct IST. I think so it's all IST as i checked the status at like 3 pm PST today I.e Oct 7.
Wow, now I am nervous about my daughters application. Submitted on September 2nd in Toronto by walk in. Still under process and I have tickets booked for 23rd. Does anyone know if they can reject or ask for extra documentation while it’s under process at consulate ?

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
OCI APPLICATION FOR MINOR- VANCOUVER

Thank you all.
you should get it by Monday 11th October.

Reactions: patel55

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Wow, now I am nervous about my daughters application. Submitted on September 2nd in Toronto by walk in. Still under process and I have tickets booked for 23rd. Does anyone know if they can reject or ask for extra documentation while it’s under process at consulate ?
They may ask.. but they haven't asked till now means All Izz Well :). You will not see any change in status till last stage.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Unlikely. For Toronto jurisdiction, you should provide at least 6 weeks of processing time. Could happen in 5 weeks if you are picking it up but to be on the safer side, consider 6 weeks. You should be fine.

gumparla

Jan 26, 2017
Finally I have good news, I am relieved to know that we can board the flight on 23rd. Thank you everyone
Submitted by walk in on Sep 2nd
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn08-OCT-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

smitpatel168

Apr 29, 2018
Hi Guys,
I really need to confirm, whether Indian Government is allowing Canadian Citizen with Entry Visa or not ?
I tried to find the same on official website but got nothing.

I already applied for Entry Visa for my minor child and will get it by next week so want to confirm before making any travel plan.I have seen on BLS as well as on EVisa website that they allowing person with Entry visa who is immediate relatives of Indian Citizen but it didn't update recently.