+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have given Previous Nationality as India along with passport no#
I put in as India with my current indian passport number
After all these years of trying to get my immigration papers almost perfect and (and I somehow successfully managed to do that), only to make this dumb mistake at the last leg of the journey.... What a shame. I guess this is going to delay the application, my only hope is I get this before the start of December.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
After all these years of trying to get my immigration papers almost perfect, I made this dumb mistake at the end.... What a shame. I guess this is going to delay the application, my only hope is I get this before the start of December.
I dont think it should be an issue else BLS would have caught it right. I've entered the same passport number in line #30 of the application as well (not sure if that is right or not)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I dont think it should be an issue else BLS would have caught it right. I've entered the same passport number in line #30 of the application as well (not sure if that is right or not)
#30 is for previous Canadian passport # AFAIK. I think BLS looks for basic information like name DOB etc. They might have missed this in my case.

Last edited:

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
How soon after we see the OCI application processed and received on the oci status website do we see an update on the bls tracking? I got my OCI number and processed status on oci status website yesterday but bls website is still stuck on original documents dispatched via purolator.
I got my OCI 2 days after processed status. "original documents dispatched via purolator" means the OCI is on the way from BLS to you. Not sure about your location but in GTA its delivered on the same day or max on next day.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Also, I just noticed on my OCI application form that I had left the "Previous Nationality of applicant" field empty. It shows NA on the application form.

Did you guys fill this field out and mention Indian citizenship for this field? It is #12 on the application. Could you guys please check your application form and let me know?
I had given previous nationality as India along with passport no#

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Okay I sent them a message on Twitter and looks like it worked (Could be a coincidence though).

OCI number has been generated !!!

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn07-OCT-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

YAY!
Congrats bud. You are almost there.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sasha0007

Jul 9, 2021
I got my OCI 2 days after processed status. "original documents dispatched via purolator" means the OCI is on the way from BLS to you. Not sure about your location but in GTA its delivered on the same day or max on next day.
Hi, the original documents dispatched via purolator is from when they sent my child's original birth certificate back. Hence checking if the status change on the bls website after OCI is processed and received at Toronto. Also, do you get an SMS when OCI is shipped with purolator?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Okay I sent them a message on Twitter and looks like it worked (Could be a coincidence though).

OCI number has been generated !!!

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

YAY!
The other 2 fields also got updated.

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn07-OCT-2021
Document received AtTORONTOOn07-OCT-2021

Reactions: DOD and lifein360

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
The other 2 fields also got updated.

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn07-OCT-2021
Document received AtTORONTOOn07-OCT-2021
Woah, seems like a lot of pending updates got completed. Which account did you bug them on twitter?

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Hoping for a quick turnaround.
I am applying for my minor's OCI. Few questions.

1) Is long form birth certificate accepted for relationship certificate (without apostle)?
2) Do we need parent's birth certificate as well?
3) This is for minor and we do not have any document other than minor's current passport, parents Indian origin proof, parent marriage certificate. Is it mandatory to have all the documents they ask for? This is a minor and we can't produce documents like - Indian Visa, Work letter (of course not), parent birth certificate etc.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi, the original documents dispatched via purolator is from when they sent my child's original birth certificate back. Hence checking if the status change on the bls website after OCI is processed and received at Toronto. Also, do you get an SMS when OCI is shipped with purolator?
I didn't got any SMS.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hoping for a quick turnaround.
I am applying for my minor's OCI. Few questions.

1) Is long form birth certificate accepted for relationship certificate (without apostle)?
2) Do we need parent's birth certificate as well?
3) This is for minor and we do not have any document other than minor's current passport, parents Indian origin proof, parent marriage certificate. Is it mandatory to have all the documents they ask for? This is a minor and we can't produce documents like - Indian Visa, Work letter (of course not), parent birth certificate etc.
Upload all certificate which applies. A child can't have employer letter. But you need to submit all the documents in the checklist while applying OCI. Not sure about long form birth certificate. Call BLS and confirm