+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.. Also i dont see any button to upload citizenship certificate.. Hope no need to upload.
Guess other than Indian and Canadian passport, nothing to upload ??

snehagupta12us

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Winnipeg-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application reached CIO Sept 24, 2012
Nomination.....
24 Aug 2012
AOR Received.
15 Nov 2012
Med's Request
19-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
23-Nov-2012
Passport Req..
DM: 31-July-2013 PPR: 01-Aug-2013
@maddy_m Did you send it your OCI application yet? What did you do for the marriage certificate? Did you get it attested from CGI?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Thanks.. Also i dont see any button to upload citizenship certificate.. Hope no need to upload.
Guess other than Indian and Canadian passport, nothing to upload ??
Landing paper needs to be uploaded under 'Indian Visa'. And marriage certificate if you're married should be uploaded too

JackJaiswal

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Also, I will be sending postal application for my minor child. I got the Money order done through Canada post but it mention "Consulate General of India". Missing out Toronto at the end. Canada post told me that due to word limit they cannot type Toronto. Then I called BLS and they are telling me it wont be accepted.If you used the money order from Canada post did you face the same issue?
Thanks for your reply so I wasted $15 with Canada post as they won't refund me issue fee for BLS & Consulate check but I cashed them both. Went to RBC & got "Consultate General of India, Toronto" printed for Consulate draft but for BLS check they were out of space for Inc so I asked them to shorten Int for International and typed "BLS Int Services Canada Inc.". Hope BLS accept it.
Hi I have sent the Money order from Canada Post with the trimming you mentioned. I pray it gets approved.

JackJaiswal

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
I haven't sent any Original Document while submitting OCI for my Newborn son. Also no physical thumbprint apart from what has been uploaded. Also sent Money order with some trimming in COnsulate and Inc names. Reuesting you to please suggest have I committed any mistake or I will be able to get my Son's OCI without any issue ? Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

maddy_m

Star Member
May 28, 2021
@maddy_m Did you send it your OCI application yet? What did you do for the marriage certificate? Did you get it attested from CGI?
Yes, I submitted my OCI application and it is under processing. I did not have the marriage certificate but I did the CGI and ODS authentication of custody document issued in Canada.

snehagupta12us

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Winnipeg-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application reached CIO Sept 24, 2012
Nomination.....
24 Aug 2012
AOR Received.
15 Nov 2012
Med's Request
19-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
23-Nov-2012
Passport Req..
DM: 31-July-2013 PPR: 01-Aug-2013
Yes, I submitted my OCI application and it is under processing. I did not have the marriage certificate but I did the CGI and ODS authentication of custody document issued in Canada.
Did you send the application for attestation in post to CGI?

gumparla

Jan 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I have submitted my daughters OCI on Sep 2nd by walking in BLS - Toronto and I have tickets booked for 23rd October
Date of Acknowledgement on CGI website : 16th September
One question that is making me really nervous is when I provided the physical pictures along with my application they did not take it. I just called BLS call center and they mentioned I shouldn't worry as they only accept applications if they are accurate and good. Please let me know if anyone had similar issue.
Thank you for your help

gumparla

Jan 26, 2017
I haven't sent any Original Document while submitting OCI for my Newborn son. Also no physical thumbprint apart from what has been uploaded. Also sent Money order with some trimming in COnsulate and Inc names. Reuesting you to please suggest have I committed any mistake or I will be able to get my Son's OCI without any issue ? Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
Based on my experience, you should send your sons original passport and Date of birth certificate, no need for physical thumbprint. The money order usually from Canada post gets trimmed at the end. Not too sure if the trim you have done is the same