OCI process

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
1. Hey whats the current timeline for oci application. How many days it takes to recieve oci card after our documents have been recieved?
2. Do they ask to submit original passport or they just send a sticker?

TheReader

Mar 29, 2012
Question on document authentication
————————————-
My wife and I were both born in India and now have Canadian citizenship. We got married in Canada and now have two kids who were also born in Canada.

I am now applying for an OCI for myself and the kids (wife already has OCI she did it long back when requirements were lot simpler).

The question I have is to apply do I need to get our marriage certificate and kids brith certificate ‘authenticated’ as documents were all issued in Canada.

BLS checklist has some instructions about first getting the documents authenticated at provincial office and the from Indian consulate. However, reading on forum everyone seems to self attest.

Can someone shed any light on this? I did some research on authentication process and it would add another 6 weeks if I need to do it as both offices are not accepting walk-in so will need to mail in.

appreciate any help..as I am sure mine is not a unique situation. Thanks in advance.

May 25, 2021
Went through this whole thread and few other places on internet and got confidence
Single Applicant OCI. Brampton.
Read every word of required checklist Toronto.
Every word of required checklist is good except No Originals required based on what I read from other people who called them.
I don't know what's the procedure of surrender coz I already did 10 years ago.
I was scared about picture requirement but I found visafoto.dot.com, just take a good picture and they will make it absolute perfect for OCI in seconds.
First OCI website rejects my perfect picture everytime and I was so mad, accidently I tried changing the name of the file and it worked like a charm. Just like good old days of filenames without space or special characters.
Also read checklist many times to what exact documents to upload, It is tricky, as one wrong upload will stall your application.
Based from other people I realize it takes 30 days approx. from acknowledge for a straight forward case.
Toronto checklist says you don't need any self declaration of unmarried, but ottawa and vancouver ask for that paper.
Uploading docs dont need self declaration, but docs by mail need self declaration.
I copied all pages of Canadian PP and relevant pages of indian PP.
I am just waiting to get picture print as lockdown causing delay.
I hope I am right about above information as I have not sent my application yet.

Please let me know if I did everything right?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Went through this whole thread and few other places on internet and got confidence
Single Applicant OCI. Brampton.
Read every word of required checklist Toronto.
Every word of required checklist is good except No Originals required based on what I read from other people who called them.
I don't know what's the procedure of surrender coz I already did 10 years ago.
I was scared about picture requirement but I found visafoto.dot.com, just take a good picture and they will make it absolute perfect for OCI in seconds.
First OCI website rejects my perfect picture everytime and I was so mad, accidently I tried changing the name of the file and it worked like a charm. Just like good old days of filenames without space or special characters.
Also read checklist many times to what exact documents to upload, It is tricky, as one wrong upload will stall your application.
Based from other people I realize it takes 30 days approx. from acknowledge for a straight forward case.
Toronto checklist says you don't need any self declaration of unmarried, but ottawa and vancouver ask for that paper.
Uploading docs dont need self declaration, but docs by mail need self declaration.
I copied all pages of Canadian PP and relevant pages of indian PP.
I am just waiting to get picture print as lockdown causing delay.
I hope I am right about above information as I have not sent my application yet.

Please let me know if I did everything right?
The documents you upload do require self attestation.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi Guys , has anybody sent application recently to BLS , ie., received by BLS at 11 May and still not able to track it ?
I sent mine back in Feb. They claim 7-10 business days for tracking to show. I would suggest calling them by the end of the week if you are still unable to track. They can be inefficient so you have to pester.

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
I sent mine back in Feb. They claim 7-10 business days for tracking to show. I would suggest calling them by the end of the week if you are still unable to track. They can be inefficient so you have to pester.
Thanks , it has been 10 business day today and i am following up with them regularly but no luck. Hope for the best.

chenn2can

Star Member
Jun 30, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO (CVO)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22nd Dec,2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged on 18th Feb,2015
Nomination.....
PER - 10th March,2015
AOR Received.
AOR - May10,2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
Oct 02,2015
Med's Done....
Oct 10,2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb03,2016
LANDED..........
May23,2016
They lost my package for surrender certificate too with original indian passports and draft. Did they find yours
No, absolutely no response, despite me reaching out many times. They assigned a Tracing office who just responds with a standard template mail saying they are still working on it. IDK what to do!

chenn2can

Star Member
Jun 30, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO (CVO)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22nd Dec,2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged on 18th Feb,2015
Nomination.....
PER - 10th March,2015
AOR Received.
AOR - May10,2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
Oct 02,2015
Med's Done....
Oct 10,2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb03,2016
LANDED..........
May23,2016
Hey did you hear anything from purolator
No, absolutely no response, despite me reaching out many times. They assigned a Tracing office who just responds with a standard template mail saying they are still working on it. IDK what to do!

barunk19

Star Member
Jun 17, 2015
Hello All, I am new to this forum. I have recently got my citizenship certificate. I need to apply for my Passport Surrender & OCI. I live in Edmonton. I need your help how to start the process & procedure .. Please! Thanks!

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still no appointments at Brampton or Toronto for Passport/OCI applications. So it looks like their claim of slots being released daily is a lie.

Hello All, I am new to this forum. I have recently got my citizenship certificate. I need to apply for my Passport Surrender & OCI. I live in Edmonton. I need your help how to start the process & procedure .. Please! Thanks!
Read my post from a couple days ago. I was totally clueless as well: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-9412227

Reactions: barunk19

barunk19

Star Member
Jun 17, 2015
I have to apply my Canada passport now. Do i need to fill-up the application & mail it to Quebec ? I live in Edmonton. I want to be clear on my understanding .. Please help. thanks!

barunk19

Star Member
Jun 17, 2015
Any hints on the timeline to receive Canada Passport by mail processing? Can i surrender Indian Passport & OCI before getting Canada Passport ?