+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
You can take a look at the document checklist for your jurisdiction on the BLS website.
I have bls checklist but it’s mixed up with adults married unmarried minor born in Canada outside Canada... so just want some ones readymade checklist who already has applied

cannsfs

May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2015
I'm planning to apply for OCI and called BLS Customer Care today. The rep mentioned Government is reducing OCI fees effective tomorrow. They are waiting for the updated fee info and its not reflecting yet on the website. The rep mentioned it will be reduced to $300 instead of $425. Anyone else heard about it?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
I'm planning to apply for OCI and called BLS Customer Care today. The rep mentioned Government is reducing OCI fees effective tomorrow. They are waiting for the updated fee info and its not reflecting yet on the website. The rep mentioned it will be reduced to $300 instead of $425. Anyone else heard about it?
Is it nice to know... that..

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Oh interesting! Hope this helps people who aren’t in a financially well off position. BLS is definitely going to use this as an excuse to worsen their service no doubt.

aks133b

Apr 4, 2018
I'm applying for my wife and my minor kid. I already have OCI. For Self attestation, we both parents signed & dated the photocopies of the minor. In my wife's application, who attests the photocopies of my documents. Since my wife is the applicant, will she signs it or will it be me who signs it? Or it does not matter who attests it as long as one of us done it? how did you do it when you applied in similar case

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
I have a question related to surrender application, first page says two things passport details and surrender details should we add indian passport details or canadian??

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
The new fee for OCI in Toronto & Ottawa jurisdiction is $345 + BLS charges($7.4 + courier fee). It's updated on the website: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ocihome.php
The passport surrender fee though still seems to be $250.

Frankly it's ridiculous how complex and expensive the entire process (surrender + OCI) is with all their forms and documents requirements. The surrender process seems totally unnecessary for those applying for an OCI the first time, but seems like the government just wants maximum revenue possible. If they don't wanna lower the fee, at least they should have made it all online after more than a year of pandemic. Sorry for the rant, but this is just very annoying.