+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Nov 21, 2020
Hmm, that is odd. Which bank did you go to? TD had no problem printing the entire name on my bank drafts.
Theoretically, it shouldn’t be an issue, but BLS is can be super picky, so you might just have to roll the dice on this one.
Try calling them between 8-9ET, and keep hitting redial. It takes me an average of 62 attempts each time before I get a hold of someone.
Thanks man. My bank is RBC. My friend also applied and his bank is TD - he didnt have any issue.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Finally received OCI for my daughter...here are the timelines:(postal application)

Docs sent thru Purolator: 26-Jan
Ack mail received from BLS: 04-Feb
Was able to track progress through BLS Website from : 09-Feb
Consulate website tracking started from: 11-Feb (under process)
Status in Con website updated to “Doc processed and dispatched from New Delhi”: 04-Mar
Received OCI at residence: 08-Mar
Congrats! Did you receive a tracking number online for the OCI when it was sent to you? Or did it just show up at your residence?

Mar 1, 2021
Hi folks..is there anyway to track the surrender certificate other than bls website..when I look up at passport India website it is showing entered application reference number cant be tracked...what is the current processing time for sc..thanks

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi folks..is there anyway to track the surrender certificate other than bls website..when I look up at passport India website it is showing entered application reference number cant be tracked...what is the current processing time for sc..thanks
Yes, you have to log in to the passport portal where you filled the surrender application, scroll down, you can select and track your application. After a few weeks you will notice a file number has appeared alongside it.
My ARN can’t be tracked either, but I noticed you can only do it after logging in.
BLS are claiming different things: last week they claimed OCI/Surrender take 2 months to process after submitting to CGI. Today the guy claimed it’s 6 weeks. BLS is pretty useless, so you just have to wait and watch.

ankushsharma

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-14
Doc's Request.
DD: 17-Nov-14
Nomination.....
PER: 04-Dec-14
AOR Received.
SL: 6-Feb-15
File Transfer...
3-Feb-15
Med's Request
28-Feb-15
Med's Done....
9-Mar-15; 3rd Line: 23-Mar-15
Interview........
DM: 23-Apr-15
Passport Req..
28-Apr-15
VISA ISSUED...
21-Apr-15; Passports received : 5-May-15
Am able to track OCI application in BLS site, not yet in CGI website. Timelines are as follows:

Shipped : 8th March
Delivered : 9th March
Application Processing start date : 15th March
Current Application Status : Under processing at Consulate General

Didn't receive any AOR yet. Anyone else from the same timeline?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Update on my end as I received my OCI booklet today.

Delivered to BLS: Feb 2nd
No Acknowledgement email received.
Tracking active on BLS: Feb 17 (after multiple calls)
Tracking active on CGI site/Date of acknowledgment by CGI: Feb 19
Documents printed, processed and sent to Toronto: Mar 11
Ready for dispatch: Mar 12
Delivered: Mar 17 (no tracking number provided, despite repeated calls to BLS who said it would be emailed to me)

Surrender application: still under process at CGI.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
When registering OCI as new registration at the following Site ( Application passport details section)
https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome

Do we need to enter Canadian passport details or Indian passport details ?

if its Indian Passport as its not allowing me to enter as my passport expiry is less than 6 months ( Aug 2021)

can you please confirm

thank you

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
When registering OCI as new registration at the following Site ( Application passport details section)
https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome

Do we need to enter Canadian passport details or Indian passport details ?

if its Indian Passport as its not allowing me to enter as my passport expiry is less than 6 months ( Aug 2021)

can you please confirm

thank you
Enter your Canadian passport details.

Reactions: O'canada

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Update on my end as I received my OCI booklet today.

Delivered to BLS: Feb 2nd
No Acknowledgement email received.
Tracking active on BLS: Feb 17 (after multiple calls)
Tracking active on CGI site/Date of acknowledgment by CGI: Feb 19
Documents printed, processed and sent to Toronto: Mar 11
Ready for dispatch: Mar 12
Delivered: Mar 17 (no tracking number provided, despite repeated calls to BLS who said it would be emailed to me)

Surrender application: still under process at CGI.
Congrats. Me too now eagerly waiting. CGI ACK on Mar 2, 2021. By seeing you timeline hopefully I can get mine by April first week