+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Still cannot see my application status online on BLS website. Postal package delivered to BLS Brampton on Feb 4, Acknowledgement email on Feb 12.

Called the customer support today, and as per them they cannot see the update on their side either. Issue escalated to Brampton team, would take 48 hours before they know status of the application.

Why can't they handle the application in same way? I asked if there is an error in application, the customer support guy dint even know that. Seems like they forgot to start the process on the application
Weirdly enough, but 3 hours after calling a call center the under process status is showing up on BLS website!

Suji2019

Apr 29, 2019
when did you received your acknowledgement email?
i did not get any email.
Reached out to call center today and they said they are returning my original documents.
Today i received my surrendered passport, surrendered letter and my address proof.
however i have not received my original landing paper.
No idea on OCI how long they gonna take now.
Do we get Landing Paper along with OCI or did they miss my original document to send?
Any idea how it works?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
i did not get any email.
Reached out to call center today and they said they are returning my original documents.
Today i received my surrendered passport, surrendered letter and my address proof.
however i have not received my original landing paper.
No idea on OCI how long they gonna take now.
Do we get Landing Paper along with OCI or did they miss my original document to send?
Any idea how it works?
Did you get a tracking number before you received your surrendered letter/passport?

Suji2019

Apr 29, 2019
Did you get a tracking number before you received your surrendered letter/passport?
Any idea on Confirmation of PR document? I submitted original and they have not returned it along with the Surrendered Passport.
As per checklist they asked for COPR original document.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Any idea on Confirmation of PR document? I submitted original and they have not returned it along with the Surrendered Passport.
As per checklist they asked for COPR original document.
Yeah, I submitted a copy of my COPR even though the checklist says original. I don’t trust BLS one bit, so I didn’t want to risk it with an important original document.
All original documents are to be returned in one package, so I would call BLS and follow up to see whether they will return the COPR separately or with OCI, so that they don’t forget about it.
How many return shipments did you pay for? If it’s only two - one for surrender, one for OCI, I hope the COPR will be returned with the OCI soon.

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I applied OCI for my 6 month daughter,My documents has been sent back to me due to this reasons from BLS

1 , Parents name not matching ( I think because i filled my first name only ).
2, Missing Child No objection letter .
3 , Parents passport copy of last page required.

BLS sent me the letter to fill the application again and book pick up and drop off again via courier .

Someone please help guide me to do it right this time .

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Good for you, but this is ridiculous!
Exactly! Seems like if I would not have called for another week it would not have been updated on their site and maybe they would not have started the work either. Today status changed to Processing at consulate general

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Hello,

I am planning to apply for OCI as I have plans to go to India in next couple of months, here I my questions

1) Can I submit both surrender my Indian passport/citizenship and OCI application on same day using courier pickup + drop service

2) If yes, do I need to pay for 2 different courier pickup+drop services ?

3) I already uploaded my scanned documents for OCI and later realized that I have to self attest, Can I re upload ?

4) Do I need to submit my original Indian passport to surrender Indian citizenship ?

5) Do I need to submit my Original Canadian passport for OCI.

Appreciate if someone can answer this, thanks in advance

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hello,

I am planning to apply for OCI as I have plans to go to India in next couple of months, here I my questions

1) Can I submit both surrender my Indian passport/citizenship and OCI application on same day using courier pickup + drop service

2) If yes, do I need to pay for 2 different courier pickup+drop services ?

3) I already uploaded my scanned documents for OCI and later realized that I have to self attest, Can I re upload ?

4) Do I need to submit my original Indian passport to surrender Indian citizenship ?

5) Do I need to submit my Original Canadian passport for OCI.

Appreciate if someone can answer this, thanks in advance
Have a look at my post here detailing my experience of submitting surrender + OCI applications via post.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-9165358

For 3) yes you can re-upload. Have your file number ready.
Scroll through a few pages on this forum which may have some more insight as well. Good luck!

Reactions: chandra415

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly

RitJ

Mar 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I submitted a copy of my COPR even though the checklist says original. I don’t trust BLS one bit, so I didn’t want to risk it with an important original document.
All original documents are to be returned in one package, so I would call BLS and follow up to see whether they will return the COPR separately or with OCI, so that they don’t forget about it.
How many return shipments did you pay for? If it’s only two - one for surrender, one for OCI, I hope the COPR will be returned with the OCI soon.
So you submitted just the attested copy of the COPR and not original? And no issues yet?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
So you submitted just the attested copy of the COPR and not original? And no issues yet?
Nope. It is currently processing at the Consulate General.
Even if you call BLS, they are telling people (at least those in the Toronto jurisdiction) that the only original you submit via a postal application is your Indian passport for surrender.

Reactions: RitJ