+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

threestar

Oct 11, 2017
I applied for my OCI on 8th September - have not received my CoPR back from consulate / BLS.

Do they mail it separate or is it sent with the OCI card?
You will get Corp and acknowledgement letter of your oci combinedly in a separate mail

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
someone mentioned that visa would be invalid. I am inclined to conclude that because changing a country of citizenship is a material & significant change. Any destination country would play it safe and would like to re-issue tourist/visitor visa, which also means more fees.

I found this document -
https://sistemas.mre.gov.br/kitweb/datafiles/Miami/en-us/file/FAQ Visas.pdf

Regarding US visa, that was a completely different scenario where you are holding expired visa of same country. For that case, even Brazil will allow you entry if its same country passport as mentioned in the above document. Yours is a case where a person gets a different country passport.

I think you should try emailing Brazilian embassy and emphasize the specific case you that are getting Canadian passport over Indian. Maybe they allow Canadian over Indian (reverse may not be true). I am curious to know how this goes.

Thank you, I emailed them and they replied very quickly. Since I gave up my Indian citizenship I have to apply for a new visa using my Canadian passport. They said that the treatment of visas is the same as US if I had renewed my passport and was able to present a valid Indian passport with the visa in the expired passport. So for dual citizens, I believe you can present the visa in the citizenship where it is valid, but since India does not allow dual, I cannot use the old visa.

Reactions: amitdi

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
A4 paper measures in at 210mm by 297mm (8.26" by 11.69") whereas LETTER paper measures at 8.5" by 11" (215.9mm by 279.4mm).
Letter is the most popular paper size in US/Canada, Where in India A4 paper is commonly used.

Mostly what you have is LETTER size check , If you don't have LETTER size, buy from staples for $5-$7 for 500 sheets.

I used LETTER size sheet for OCI document copies in Toronto jurisdiction, No issues,
docs accepted at BLS Brampton, Acknowledgement received.
Yes , I have Letter size sheet only :) ...
Thanks...

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
Need guidance on what things to check while getting the OCI photograph from the studio ?

1) Do I need to take a digital copy of all the photos along with the physical copy
2) How do I take the digital image of signature of all the members ?Do all the members need to sign on a page and then the photographer needs to take a digital photo of the signatures ?
3) Is it that the digital image of photo and digital image of signature are two separate files which needs to be separately uploaded ?
4)Do we need to create one pdf file for all the photos and one pdf file for all the signatures and upload (as the website does not allow more files to be uploaded ?

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Need guidance on what things to check while getting the OCI photograph from the studio ?

1) Do I need to take a digital copy of all the photos along with the physical copy
2) How do I take the digital image of signature of all the members ?Do all the members need to sign on a page and then the photographer needs to take a digital photo of the signatures ?
3) Is it that the digital image of photo and digital image of signature are two separate files which needs to be separately uploaded ?
4)Do we need to create one pdf file for all the photos and one pdf file for all the signatures and upload (as the website does not allow more files to be uploaded ?
1.) Yes, You can also make digital copy yours self from physical copy using smart phone apps , eg: photo scanner by google.
you have to use other online photo editing tools to make up with the dimension and file size ,
eg: https://www.123passportphoto.com/ , Microsoft Paint (simple tool that comes with windows)
2.) Digital image of signature can be made with the tools mentioned above, please note for kids they need thumb impression.
3.) Yes, two separate files, needs to be uploaded separately.
4.) Photos and signature images should be in JPEG file format, Other documents should be in PDF format,
Please note each application is independent files, So you need to register and upload documents for each applicants
separately.

Reactions: cool_wonderful

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
1.) Yes, You can also make digital copy yours self from physical copy using smart phone apps , eg: photo scanner by google.
you have to use other online photo editing tools to make up with the dimension and file size ,
eg: https://www.123passportphoto.com/ , Microsoft Paint (simple tool that comes with windows)
2.) Digital image of signature can be made with the tools mentioned above, please note for kids they need thumb impression.
4.) Photos and signature images should be in JPEG file format, Other documents should be in PDF format,
Please note each application is independent files, So you need to register and upload documents for each applicants
separately.
Thanks .

5) Do we need to self-attest each photocopy of document and then upload ?
6) In case of kids , can I self-attest their photocopies and upload scanned images for them ?

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
5) Yes
6) Yes
Thanks Dimma.
Actually my question is -
My kids are under 18 but able to sign.So , they will sign and have digital image of the signature to be uploaded.
But in case of self-attested copies , can they self-attest even if they are under 18 years OR I need to self -attest for them ?

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Thanks Dimma.
Actually my question is -
My kids are under 18 but able to sign.So , they will sign and have digital image of the signature to be uploaded.
But in case of self-attested copies , can they self-attest even if they are under 18 years OR I need to self -attest for them ?
My suggestion is for the signature image let your under 18 kids to sign if they can,

But for the self-attested copies , You need to sign as it is to certify that it is a true copy of original document.
By rule kids under 18 may not be capable of certifying it. :)

Reactions: cool_wonderful

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
My suggestion is for the signature image let your under 18 kids to sign if they can,

But for the self-attested copies , You need to sign as it is to certify that it is a true copy of original document.
By rule kids under 18 may not be capable of certifying it. :)
Perfect.Thats what I wanted to ask.

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
separately.
With respect to your answer #4 ...

7) Suppose for an applicant , there are two JPEG files (one for sign and one for photo) , do we need to combine those two files into one file and then upload ?
8) Similarly , for an applicant if there are multiple PDFs ( one for Indian PP , one for CAD PP , Address proof etc ..) , do we need to combine these PDFs into one and then upload.
9) Why I am asking is because someone was mentioning that the application does not allow uploading of multiple files ...
Did you try uploading multiple files ?

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
With respect to your answer #4 ...

7) Suppose for an applicant , there are two JPEG files (one for sign and one for photo) , do we need to combine those two files into one file and then upload ?
8) Similarly , for an applicant if there are multiple PDFs ( one for Indian PP , one for CAD PP , Address proof etc ..) , do we need to combine these PDFs into one and then upload.
9) Why I am asking is because someone was mentioning that the application does not allow uploading of multiple files ...
Did you try uploading multiple files ?
7) It has be two JEPG images , needs to upload separably for each applicants.
8) Multiple documents needs combine for reach categories as per the checklist
instruction - B) DOCUMENT UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS
The same category headings you will find in uploading screen.

For example if you are uploading documents under INDIAN VISA category
for your minor child born in India, you need to upload a single PDF file that has
total 3 pages containing your child landing paper + your landing paper + your spouse landing paper.
9) same as 8

I have completed my application submission and ACK received.

nani rocker

Sep 19, 2014
Hi Every one. Today I got an update on my OCI Status Report

Date of Application: 18-AUG-2018 (Walkin @ SURREY BLS Center )

Date Of Acknowledgment 28-AUG-2018
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 27-SEP-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn 28-SEP-2018
Document received AtVANCOUVER On 05-OCT-2018

BLS Status : Still showing Processing at Consulate General.

Hope every one get soon.

Reactions: tenacioustopanga