15-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Hello,
I applied for my son's OCI on 8-Aug at Brampton Canada, data of acknowledgement 22-Aug, received the original documents but the documents printing status is still 'under-process' as of today.

Please share your time line if you have applied in the month of July or August from BLS Brampton

Thanks.
Dpk

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Please read in detail the last page of the Document checklist.

Select Indian Visa: Upload your landing paper there. If you have FC on your landing paper, you will also require a letter from Refugee Board

Its ok not to upload marital status declaration as you will submit the original letter signed by you. It is also ok if address proof.

I uploaded everything separately as asked on the document checklist.
Thank you for the quick reply and help - I changed my upload in time before the app was acknowledged at FRRO.

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys,

I Applied for OCI on end of july. (24th july 2018)

Application Status :Original documents Delivered by Hand
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

How much time to get the OCI?? What is the final status of OCI application?

Thanks

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
I am confused about OCI procedure.
It says on the BLS website that there are two parts ..Part A and Part B .Part A is online and Part B is offline
On CGI website - it says both part are Online.The forms have to be printed and then submitted to Consulate.

1) Where do I apply for the OCI ? ON BLS Website or on CGI Website? I want to apply for Surrender Certificate and OCI simultaneously ?
2) On CGI (Indian Consulate) Wesbite it asks to upload all docs in PDF format.Also it asks to take an image of Applicant photo and his signature.Do I need to get this image from the same photographer ?
3) If all the docs are submitted in PDF format , do I still need to take photocopies with me along with the printed form when I go to CGI for applying OCI ?

4) Do I need to carry a separate set of documents for Surrender Certificate ,if I am applying it along with OCI ?

5) On the BLS Website there are two forms for Surrender Certifcate , one is the "applicatiin form" and other is the "deemed form" ?Do I need to fill and submt both

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I am confused about OCI procedure.
It says on the BLS website that there are two parts ..Part A and Part B .Part A is online and Part B is offline
On CGI website - it says both part are Online.The forms have to be printed and then submitted to Consulate.

1) Where do I apply for the OCI ? ON BLS Website or on CGI Website? I want to apply for Surrender Certificate and OCI simultaneously ?
2) On CGI (Indian Consulate) Wesbite it asks to upload all docs in PDF format.Also it asks to take an image of Applicant photo and his signature.Do I need to get this image from the same photographer ?
3) If all the docs are submitted in PDF format , do I still need to take photocopies with me along with the printed form when I go to CGI for applying OCI ?

4) Do I need to carry a separate set of documents for Surrender Certificate ,if I am applying it along with OCI ?

5) On the BLS Website there are two forms for Surrender Certifcate , one is the "applicatiin form" and other is the "deemed form" ?Do I need to fill and submt both
1. You fill out Part A and B, and upload document on this website "http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp"
BLS website has hyperlink to above website.

Yes you can apply for both together.

2. You can get photos and signature from same or different photographer, doesn't really matter. But you need to carry same photos as you uploaded on your online application.

3. Yes. Original and photocopies both.

4. Yes. Those are two different applications.

5. Carry both. They will take whichever they want.

P.S. Not Judging but from the series of questions you asked I highly feel that you haven't read document checklist properly. Please do it as there are many other things you have to make sure you do before submitting your application such as writing, " This is a true copy of Original" date and sign it on all photocopies, etc. One little mistake and they will ask you to redo the whole online application again.

Below is my experience:
Here are my Passport Reunification and OCI application experience.

So I went to BLS Brampton around 8:10. There were not many people there, maybe 3-4. I took no. from reception and then I was immediately called in. Submitted both applications in the first try.

Passport Reunification:
It is a pretty straightforward application. I took documents according to document checklist. Nothing else needed apart from that.
-------------------------------------------

OCI Application:
This application looks complicated as they have provided all the information on the checklist, but it is also pretty straightforward.

Filling out PART A & B:
Names:

Make sure to include your and parents exact names as it is on the Indian passport. If you have xyzkumar or xyzbhai then make sure you write exactly what you have on your Indian passport. They will tell you to resubmit the online application if that "Kumar" or "bhai" or something else is missing in the name.

Indian address:
Make sure to write exactly as it is on Indian Passport.

Native address:
I wrote my Indian address as the Native place. I have same on my Indian passport as well.

Documents Uploaded:
Don't worry if you see the same documents uploaded twice. If you click twice on upload document it will upload it twice but not to worry.
  • For Marriage certificate, I uploaded a photocopy of notarized marriage Certificate along with No objection certificate from the spouse (NOC letter), and a copy of her passport bio pages. All the pages were self-attested. Yes, NOC letter and spouse bio-pages are sort of not on the checklist. See Marriage Certificate section below for more detail.
  • All the documents I uploaded were self-attested.
Make sure to double check all the information with your Foreign/Indian passport before going to BLS for submission. Then you print it and sign it.

Document checklist:
Please make sure that all document (photocopy) has to be self-attested. You have to write "This is a true copy of the original" on all photocopies and have to sign it and date it.

Photographs: It has to be same as you uploaded online.

Surrender Certificate: If you are submitting the application for reunification and OCI at the same time then don't worry about this part. As BLS will issue you are tracking receipt which will be then attached with your OCI application.

Marriage Certificate: Yes this part is little confusing. So here what it says on the checklist and here I quote,
"If married in India:
Marriage Certificate should be attested by the State Home Dept. where the marriage was registered and further more attested
by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi (MEA). Please note: If the applicant does not have Marriage certificate attested by

MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) New Delhi, but is issued by the Marriage Registrar of a State Home Government in India, then
the pplication can be accepted along with Notarized joined Affidavit, containing both- photograph and signatures of the couple, from
Notary Public or lawyer in Canada."

I spoke to 3 different BLS representatives over the phone, and they all said that this is the old requirement. If your marriage certificate is issued by state/province then a photocopy will suffice.

My spouse has never been to Canada, so here is that they required of her in order to process my application:
  • Notarized marriage certificate. I got it Notarized from India as I don't have original with me here. Though they said photocopy would be ok, I still got it notarized just in case.
  • NOC Letter from the spouse (Original). Stating that She doesn't have any objection in me applying for NOC. It has to be signed by your spouse.
  • Her passport bio-pages. Signed by your spouse.
  • Also they didn't tell me over the phone, but they made me write a letter at BLS saying that my spouse has never been to Canada as that's why we cannot provide you with Landing paper, and also original marriage certificate is not available as it is required in India for some purposes, and then I signed the letter.
That's pretty much it for Marriage Certificate. I didn't get anything notarized from Canada. This was for me please check if you are required to notarize any of your documents in Canada.

COPR(Landing Paper) & Citizenship certificate:
They did take my Original COPR/Landing paper for OCI but they never asked me for my original Citizenship certificate.

BLS Courier Fees:
They never asked me to if I wanted to opt out this option, but if you want to opt out do tell them as soon as you hand them over your application. They won't even tell you how much the charges are. I actually wanted the courier services as I live far for BLS Brampton. In total, they charged me around $90ish for courier. for both OCI and Passport reunification.

You can pay for Passport reunification at BLS, but for OCI you have to get a draft of $282 payable to The Consulate General of India - Toronto" (For Toronto Jurisdiction only).

I hope this helps. Good Luck.

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
1. You fill out Part A and B, and upload document on this website "http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp"
BLS website has hyperlink to above website.

Yes you can apply for both together.

2. You can get photos and signature from same or different photographer, doesn't really matter. But you need to carry same photos as you uploaded on your online application.

3. Yes. Original and photocopies both.

4. Yes. Those are two different applications.

5. Carry both. They will take whichever they want.

P.S. Not Judging but from the series of questions you asked I highly feel that you haven't read document checklist properly. Please do it as there are many other things you have to make sure you do before submitting your application such as writing, " This is a true copy of Original" date and sign it on all photocopies, etc. One little mistake and they will ask you to redo the whole online application again.

Below is my experience:
Thank you ! Appreciated !

rdutter

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Shocking news ,
OCI app fees increased from $282 to $425.

Applied for OCI in BLS Center Brampton today.
Do we need to submit a separate draft of CAD 4 to "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" and CAD 421 directly at BLS office? Thanks

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
What should we write in the Surrender form for "Reason of acquiring foreign nationality " ?

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
1) What should we write in the Surrender form for "Reason of acquiring foreign nationality " ?

2) When we surrender the Indian Passport , it gets cancelled.What happens to any valid visa in that Passport ?Does it get cancelled also ?How to keep continue that visa to be valid ?