+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

natrajs35

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
draxz1289 said:
Hey guys,

i got my OCI booklet and the whole process was fairly simple and straight forward. Has anyone travelled with the OCI for the first time? I Am travelling next end of this month, all I need is my OCI, my Canadian passport right? No need for invitation letter or apply for visa online etc right?
Hi, Can you share your timelines of OCI application? Like when did you applied, when did you received your originals back, when did the status changed in indian gov. website etc. That will be helpful since I am waiting for my daughter's OCI application and I received her originals back 20days before and still no change in status.

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not aware when it was done!!
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2014... 3rd line updated on 11 Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
Hi All,

Me & my wife landed Canada last year & we are blessed with a baby girl this year. I just wanted some advice on OCI application of the newborn.

Some of my queries are:-

1) Consulate fees is shown as CAD280/- , but BLS fees is not mentioned on the website. Can anyone share the fees info?

2) I filled the PART A & PART B forms online, but at the end on PART B it asked me to upload documents. What documents do I need to upload & what should be selected in the drop down menu??

3) The new born has only Birth certificates (Long & Short) & Canadian passport as her documents. What documents are required of parents with Indian Passports??

4) All the photocopies of the documents have to be on letter size of paper?? if yes, what should be done to Long birth certificate of newborn (that is in legal size of paper)

5) Can all of these documents be submitted at BRAMPTON Facility or one has to visit TORONTO office only???

Sorry for silly questions, but if someone can shed light on these, it would make my work easier!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Prateek

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draxz1289 said:
Hey guys,

....................... No need for invitation letter or apply for visa online etc right?
yes, no need of an invite or any other visa. OCI is a "life-long" visa and just carry your Canadian passport.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
draxz1289 said:
Hey guys,

i got my OCI booklet and the whole process was fairly simple and straight forward. Has anyone travelled with the OCI for the first time? I Am travelling next end of this month, all I need is my OCI, my Canadian passport right? No need for invitation letter or apply for visa online etc right?
Congrats. All you need is your Canadian passport and OCI card.
The OCI card will have the Canadian passport# mentioned on it. You need to take that canadian passport along with the oci card.
In case, when you renew your passport then you need to carry the old Canadian passport(which matches with OCI card), new canadian passport and OCI card.
Below age of 20 and after age of 50 whenever Canadian passport is renewed the OCI booklet needs to be reissued.
However, between 21-50 years of age, re-issuance is not mandatory.
here is a helpful link:http://www.blsindia-canada.com/oci.php
Now CGI does not issue U visa stickers anymore.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ShahPrateek said:
Hi All,

Me & my wife landed Canada last year & we are blessed with a baby girl this year. I just wanted some advice on OCI application of the newborn.

1) Consulate fees is shown as CAD280/- , but BLS fees is not mentioned on the website. Can anyone share the fees info?

2) I filled the PART A & PART B forms online, but at the end on PART B it asked me to upload documents. What documents do I need to upload & what should be selected in the drop down menu??

3) The new born has only Birth certificates (Long & Short) & Canadian passport as her documents. What documents are required of parents with Indian Passports??

4) All the photocopies of the documents have to be on letter size of paper?? if yes, what should be done to Long birth certificate of newborn (that is in legal size of paper)

5) Can all of these documents be submitted at BRAMPTON Facility or one has to visit TORONTO office only???

Sorry for silly questions, but if someone can shed light on these, it would make my work easier!

Prateek
Replied to your message. Check your inbox

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ShahPrateek said:
Hi All,

Prateek
You can pay the fees at the BLS centre. It would be ~$10 extra.
Once you completed the parts, first upload the photo and signature. A scanned image with the required solutions/ pixels can be attained by using the MS Paint software.
For other documents, you need to select the drop-down and upload the docs in PDF format. I normally use the free foxit pdf to convert images/ docs to PDF format. While converting the docs, use a lower resolution 96 dpi or 144 dpi as the total size should be below 500kb. For multiple docs, you can use an online pdf merge utility to upload.
Basically, you need to upload you child's birth certificate, passport, plus you and your wife's Indian passports, COPR, PR, marriage certificate in the appropriate drop-down menu.
Even if you forgot to upload 1-2 docs, just note down in a sheet of paper as to what docs you had uploaded and the BLS people will give you what else to be uploaded. They will accept the forms and collect the fees; but will remind you to upload the remaining docs asap.
For the BLS office, you can go to the nearest one and their website give some info on procedure.

bluehawk1

Oct 29, 2016
Update:
My parent was able to submit my application on my behalf in person.
They were not handling any pick up at the Toronto (scarborough) location, so OCI would be mailed.
The application was submitted two weeks ago and the BLS status currently says, original documents ready for dispatch.
The OCI inquiry was working until 2 days, but for past 2 days, it says no records found.

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
thecoolguysam said:
Replied to your message. Check your inbox

Thanks thecoolguysam :)

+1 for you!

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
ajithpl said:
You can pay the fees at the BLS centre. It would be ~$10 extra.
Once you completed the parts, first upload the photo and signature. A scanned image with the required solutions/ pixels can be attained by using the MS Paint software.
For other documents, you need to select the drop-down and upload the docs in PDF format. I normally use the free foxit pdf to convert images/ docs to PDF format. While converting the docs, use a lower resolution 96 dpi or 144 dpi as the total size should be below 500kb. For multiple docs, you can use an online pdf merge utility to upload.
Basically, you need to upload you child's birth certificate, passport, plus you and your wife's Indian passports, COPR, PR, marriage certificate in the appropriate drop-down menu.
Even if you forgot to upload 1-2 docs, just note down in a sheet of paper as to what docs you had uploaded and the BLS people will give you what else to be uploaded. They will accept the forms and collect the fees; but will remind you to upload the remaining docs asap.
For the BLS office, you can go to the nearest one and their website give some info on procedure.
Thanks ajithpl

+1 for you!

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
Hi All,

Can anyone share timelines for OCI application. I applied for my newborn's OCI from Toronto on 11 Nov.

Thanks in advance!

Prateek

Yahoo1250

Nov 30, 2016
oh OCI its taking 2-3 months OMG !!!
My family have a immediate travel requirement in the sense in next 3-4 weeks , is it better to take a visa which would be valid for 6 months and apply OCI from India as they would stay in India for next one year , appreciate any quick response else is there a option to expedite the OCI cards in some form ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Yahoo1250 said:
My family have a immediate travel requirement in the sense in next 3-4 weeks , is it better to take a visa which would be valid for 6 months and apply OCI from India as they would stay in India for next one year , appreciate any quick response else is there a option to expedite the OCI cards in some form ?
There is no way to expedite it. It's standard 2-3 months process.
Please confirm with CGI locally to confirm if OCI can be made in India or not.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Yahoo1250 said:
Yes I believe you can apply OCI in India. See this link:
http://www.mea.gov.in/oci-related-matters.htm

Yahoo1250

Nov 30, 2016
Did anyone applied OCI in India if so please share your experience and is there any additional documentation that we should carry from Canada ? Thanks in advance for your responses.