Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
RPRF Req.: May 18, 2015
bluehawk1 said:
Pleasant experience with BLS India (toronto/scarborough branch)
Walk-in application: 1 Nov/16
OCI received by mail: 12/14/16
That was way too fast!!

What does online status of 'In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre' mean?
I applied for OCI for my newborn on Dec 9th... Received confirmation email that application received and is under process on dec 19th. And online status says in transit from consulate general to BLS.

What happens after application process is complete? Do they just mail in the booklet? Do I need to submit my baby's passport at anytime in the process? I submitted the application in person.

Thanks.

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not aware when it was done!!
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2014... 3rd line updated on 11 Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
Hi all,

My newborn's OCI status on http://passport.gov.in/ shows " Received at Toronto on Dec 29" . Can anyone suggest

1) How many days it takes it to get delivered?

2) It will arrive by normal mail or Fedex??

Thanks in advance!

Prateek

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
akil_f1 said:
Hello I am also looking to apply OCI for my New born baby. cam you please list the steps ? for some reasons the info on teh website is too confusing ?
1.should we submit the original PP(baby and parents) to them ?
2. if so how long they will hold them ?
3. what if if we have in between travel plans
4. How long the whole process take ?
5. Can we apply E visa if TIME doesn't permit for OCI . we are planning to stay there for around 7 months .
1. They will take one of the parents original indian passport and the original landing document. They won't take canadian passport because they no longer stamp the U visa sticker anymore on the canadian passport.
2. maybe they will return it in couple of weeks or after the whole process which may take 2-3 months
3. If you have travel plans, apply for regular visa
4. 2-3 months approx
5. e-visa is just valid for 30 days which means you can't stay for more than 30 days in India . If you get a regular visa, the regular visa does not permit you to stay for more than 6 months.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
stuapp said:
That was way too fast!!

What does online status of 'In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre' mean?
I applied for OCI for my newborn on Dec 9th... Received confirmation email that application received and is under process on dec 19th. And online status says in transit from consulate general to BLS.

What happens after application process is complete? Do they just mail in the booklet? Do I need to submit my baby's passport at anytime in the process? I submitted the application in person.

Thanks.
#1 it means that the oci documents are being sent from consulate general to bls centre.

#2 if you have opted in for courier service and once the bls centre receives the booklet, they will mail it to your address. if you have not opted in for the courier service then you may have to collect it from the bls centre. Baby's passport is no longer required as CGI does not stamp U visa sticker on canadian passport anymore.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ShahPrateek said:
Hi all,

My newborn's OCI status on http://passport.gov.in/ shows " Received at Toronto on Dec 29" . Can anyone suggest

1) How many days it takes it to get delivered?

2) It will arrive by normal mail or Fedex??

Thanks in advance!

Prateek
1. It can take 10 days to 20 days to deliver.
2. If you have paid for the courier service then it will be delivered by fedex etc.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my OCI yesterday and posting my entire timeline if it helps someone. Took around 1.5 months from application to delivery back to my Home. Received the OCI, old Indian Passport and the original Landing papers. I could have received it a few days earlier, if it was not for December holidays here in Canada.

Applied in person at BLS Surrey, BC– 12 Nov, 2016
As per official OCI website:
Date Of Acknowledgment 22-NOV-2016
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number X1234567
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 15-DEC-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 16 - DEC-2016
Document received At VANCOUVER On 20-DEC-2016

As per BLS tracking, they gives the Fedex tracking# once they generates label with Fedex and the following was as per Fedex:
12/28/2016 - Wednesday
4:09 am Shipment information sent to FedEx
3:20 pm Picked up SURREY, BC
4:31 pm At local FedEx facility SURREY, BC
4:31 pm Left FedEx origin facility SURREY, BC

12/29/2016 - Thursday
7:51 am At local FedEx facility SURREY, BC
10:09 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery SURREY, BC
2:24 pm Delivered SURREY, BC

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi ajithpl,
Thanks for the Timeline..Congrats!

Jay Gonchicar

Jan 14, 2017
Hi
I filled my online application for OCI on January 2, 2017 . I got a web file # after submission. Can I submit my documents by walk in at Toronto BLS office without an appointment Or Do I need an appointment?. If I need an appointment how do I book one?. What are the 3 dates and what for these 3 dates?. I appreciate replies to my query.

YYCanadian

Jan 18, 2017
Hi, I will post my OCI process and timeline so it may help out anyone that needs it.
I was born in Canada and over the age of 21 years old so I applied on my parents behalf. My moms a former indian citizen and my dads Indian. My mom lost her passport long time ago so i first had to get an affidavit attested by the consulate and then applied. This process took 2 weeks.

These are the things i gave to BLS in Calgary for my OCI;

Mom- attested affidavit, landing paper, Canadian passport, citizenship certificate
Dad- Indian passport, PR Card, Landing paper
My Stuff- Canadian passport, Birth certificate
(everything was notarized)

My dads indian passport already had my mothers name as wife/spouse so i didn't bother with the marriage certificate although it may help.

Here is my timeline below:

Applied in person at BLS Calgary, AB: 6-DEC-2016

Date Of Acknowledgment 9-DEC-2016
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 18-JAN-2017
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At VANCOUVER On

As you can see I still need to receive the OCI and I will try giving my update once I do. Overall the process was very expensive and stressful. I suggest if you plan on just visiting india and nothing more, you get a 10 year visa. Good luck to everyone.

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
Jay Gonchicar said:
Hi
I filled my online application for OCI on January 2, 2017 . I got a web file # after submission. Can I submit my documents by walk in at Toronto BLS office without an appointment Or Do I need an appointment?. If I need an appointment how do I book one?. What are the 3 dates and what for these 3 dates?. I appreciate replies to my query.
Yes, you can walk-in at BLS centre with all documents and apply.

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
YYCanadian said:
Hi, I will post my OCI process and timeline so it may help out anyone that needs it.
I was born in Canada and over the age of 21 years old so I applied on my parents behalf. My moms a former indian citizen and my dads Indian. My mom lost her passport long time ago so i first had to get an affidavit attested by the consulate and then applied. This process took 2 weeks.

These are the things i gave to BLS in Calgary for my OCI;

Mom- attested affidavit, landing paper, Canadian passport, citizenship certificate
Dad- Indian passport, PR Card, Landing paper
My Stuff- Canadian passport, Birth certificate
(everything was notarized)

My dads indian passport already had my mothers name as wife/spouse so i didn't bother with the marriage certificate although it may help.

Here is my timeline below:

Applied in person at BLS Calgary, AB: 6-DEC-2016

Date Of Acknowledgment 9-DEC-2016
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 18-JAN-2017
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At VANCOUVER On

As you can see I still need to receive the OCI and I will try giving my update once I do. Overall the process was very expensive and stressful. I suggest if you plan on just visiting india and nothing more, you get a 10 year visa. Good luck to everyone.
Hi YYCanadian, any update on your OCI app status?

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
Hi Folks,

My son's OCI status shows - "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping"

Any idea how long they take to send it via fedex. I have paid for shipping to home via Fedex.

I am planning to travel on Feb 12th which is around 11 working days ( Monday to Friday ) from today.
If I don't receive OCI in hand by end of next week, can I walk-in to the BLS center and collect it in person?
HAs anyone done that before - paid for shipping but collected it in person? could you please share your experience.

Thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
stuapp said:
Hi Folks,

My son's OCI status shows - "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping"

Any idea how long they take to send it via fedex. I have paid for shipping to home via Fedex.

I am planning to travel on Feb 12th which is around 11 working days ( Monday to Friday ) from today.
If I don't receive OCI in hand by end of next week, can I walk-in to the BLS center and collect it in person?
HAs anyone done that before - paid for shipping but collected it in person? could you please share your experience.

Thanks.
In BC, its usually a week to 10 days. You can visit BLS centre beforehand to check if you can get it early.

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
thecoolguysam said:
In BC, its usually a week to 10 days. You can visit BLS centre beforehand to check if you can get it early.
Thanks thecoolguysam

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi Members,

I just applied for passpost surrender last week.

Now i want to apply for OCI card..star member please help me with process so i dont have glich in my application

I also noticed OCI application is very slow in Toronto office.They take too long time to deal with one person submitting documents for OCI.

Thanks
Abhi