+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
abhi292000 said:
Hi Members,

I just applied for passpost surrender last week.

Now i want to apply for OCI card..star member please help me with process so i dont have glich in my application

I also noticed OCI application is very slow in Toronto office.They take too long time to deal with one person submitting documents for OCI.

Thanks
Abhi
visit BLS canada's website for the complete process for applying for OCI :
http://www.blsindia-canada.com/

YYCanadian

Jan 18, 2017
Hey stuapp, my OCI was dispatched on Jan 19 and it still hasn't reached the Vancouver consulate, so im in the same boat as you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
YYCanadian said:
Hey stuapp, my OCI was dispatched on Jan 19 and it still hasn't reached the Vancouver consulate, so im in the same boat as you.
I think in stuapp's case the consulate has received the passport and has forwarded it to the BLS centre however in your case it seems to be that your OCI is dispatched from India and is on the way to consulate.
Once consulate receives it, it can take 10-20 days for overall delivery i think. The timelines may vary.

YYCanadian

Jan 18, 2017
thecoolguysam- Oh ok! Thanks for the help. I was btw wondering if you had any idea how long it usually takes for the OCI card to reach the embassy from date of dispatch. Its been over a week in my case.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
YYCanadian said:
thecoolguysam- Oh ok! Thanks for the help. I was btw wondering if you had any idea how long it usually takes for the OCI card to reach the embassy from date of dispatch. Its been over a week in my case.
The overall process takes 2-3 months generally. I think from India to consulate and then to BLS and then to you may take anywhere around 15-25 days approx.

All you can count is 2-3 months from the date of submission of the application.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have applied for OCI on Dec 17th the date of acknowledgement on Indian gov site is 19th Jan and since there is need to travel to India at the earliest i called up BLS and they suggested i can apply for the entry visa which i did and received by BLS on 26th Jan and still now no update on the same even after 7 business days is there a way to find an update by calling the consulate or any other way?
Please let me know and all the help is appreciated.

thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
capr13 said:
Hello All,

I have applied for OCI on Dec 17th the date of acknowledgement on Indian gov site is 19th Jan and since there is need to travel to India at the earliest i called up BLS and they suggested i can apply for the entry visa which i did and received by BLS on 26th Jan and still now no update on the same even after 7 business days is there a way to find an update by calling the consulate or any other way?
Please let me know and all the help is appreciated.

thanks
What's your city. Did you contact BLS?

Yahoo1250

Nov 30, 2016
I have applied for OCI and below is the status still :
Date Of Acknowledgment 23-DEC-2016
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

However one of my friend whose Date Of Acknowledgment was 28-DEC-2016 received the OCI card last week and in my case still its showing as under process and I have a travel need in next couple of weeks and I dont want to take pain of applying for Visa and would be receiving the OCI soon. Sent mail to Toronto Consulate but its useless as they sent the same status from website my concern is , as the process stuck somewhere and how do I handle this situation as there is no help from the consulate. Appreciate any help in this regard , thank you.

Yahoo1250

Nov 30, 2016
Its beyond their 42 day processing SLA as well ...shall we escalate this to MEA copying Sushma Swaraj for their lackluster response inspite of urgency shown.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Yahoo1250 said:
I have applied for OCI and below is the status still :
Date Of Acknowledgment 23-DEC-2016
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

However one of my friend whose Date Of Acknowledgment was 28-DEC-2016 received the OCI card last week and in my case still its showing as under process and I have a travel need in next couple of weeks and I dont want to take pain of applying for Visa and would be receiving the OCI soon. Sent mail to Toronto Consulate but its useless as they sent the same status from website my concern is , as the process stuck somewhere and how do I handle this situation as there is no help from the consulate. Appreciate any help in this regard , thank you.
Usually the whole process takes 2-3 months. Document printing status under process means that it's still in India being printed and then it will be shipped to CGI Toronto and will be forwarded to BLS which may take some time. You can apply for e-visa if you are going to stay in India for not more than 30 days and if you want to stay long then get a visa.

Yahoo1250

Nov 30, 2016
Shouldnt the process be handled in batches how come though I have submitted earlier than my friends they received prior to me. And for me still the status shows that it held in India. And Toronto Consulate is not even responding BLS which is another painful thing. Its like catch22 situation without any status from the Indian consulate neither they respond to the emails on time just for one line response they take a week and that too she the screenshot of the online status what the hell.....I'm really upset with this process and their attitude in handling my case.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Yahoo1250 said:
Shouldnt the process be handled in batches how come though I have submitted earlier than my friends they received prior to me. And for me still the status shows that it held in India. And Toronto Consulate is not even responding BLS which is another painful thing. Its like catch22 situation without any status from the Indian consulate neither they respond to the emails on time just for one line response they take a week and that too she the screenshot of the online status what the hell.....I'm really upset with this process and their attitude in handling my case.
I am not sure how and under what procedures the applications are processed. All you can do is keep monitoring the online status on govt of india's website as well as BLS website. Visiting CGI office or BLS office may not help but you can try.