+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PA2016 said:
I checked that, it only shows the Date of Acknowledgement as June 30, 2016 and Document Printing Status as Under-Process. Nothing else. Does this mean, they have not sent it to India for processing at all?
Contact BLS as well as CGI Vancouver:

Here are the links:

http://www.blsindia-canada.com/contactus.php

http://www.cgivancouver.org/pages.php?id=6

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
PA2016 said:
I checked that, it only shows the Date of Acknowledgement as June 30, 2016 and Document Printing Status as Under-Process. Nothing else. Does this mean, they have not sent it to India for processing at all?
It normally means its in India getting clearance, mine was stuck in India since June 22 2016 and it got approved last week after I sent someone to the government office in India. They said they were back logged and it got worse due to the holidays.

InEdm

Star Member
Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011 Detroit
Med's Request
20-11-2010
Med's Done....
05-12-2010
Passport Req..
18-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent..
Which office in India, you contacted? Mine with family is stuck since January 16, 2016 ( Document Printing Status : Under Process). This is making me mad, I have tried contacting CGI Vancouver by e-mail but no response.

VTG said:
It normally means its in India getting clearance, mine was stuck in India since June 22 2016 and it got approved last week after I sent someone to the government office in India. They said they were back logged and it got worse due to the holidays.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
InEdm said:
Which office in India, you contacted? Mine with family is stuck since January 16, 2016 ( Document Printing Status : Under Process). This is making me mad, I have tried contacting CGI Vancouver by e-mail but no response.
It was stuck in one of the Ministries for approval and then for printing, I think they went to Home Affairs-India.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello OCI Card holders,

I've applied for OCI from Brampton's BLS office and did not pay for the over-priced courier service.

Once the OCI card gets dispatched from India and arrives in Toronto, has anyone been able to pick it up FROM TORONTO ITSELF or do we HAVE TO wait until its sent to BLS's Brampton office before picking it up?

I think if we pay for courier service then it gets sent directly to the home address from Toronto.

By "Toronto", I'm assuming it means Consulate General of India (Toronto).

Thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
nb8285 said:
Hello OCI Card holders,

I've applied for OCI from Brampton's BLS office and did not pay for the over-priced courier service.

Once the OCI card gets dispatched from India and arrives in Toronto, has anyone been able to pick it up FROM TORONTO ITSELF or do we HAVE TO wait until its sent to BLS's Brampton office before picking it up?

I think if we pay for courier service then it gets sent directly to the home address from Toronto.

By "Toronto", I'm assuming it means Consulate General of India (Toronto).

Thanks.
I suppose but not too sure, BLS will inform you to pickup the OCI card. Usually, once the documents arrive at CGI office, it will take few days to deliver to BLS centre and then BLS centre may contact you accordingly.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Not sure if you understood or read the question. I know I can pick it up from BLS office a week or so after it arrives in Toronto.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb8285 said:
Not sure if you understood or read the question. I know I can pick it up from BLS office a week or so after it arrives in Toronto.

The final stage of OCI Process is Canadian passport <--> OCI match up that can be done in person at the BLS office where you submitted your OCI application. Since you have applied from Brampton's BLS office, you are supposed to pickup in person at BLS Brampton with your Canadian Passport Original, OCI Acknowledgement and Online Status with 3 Dates as a proof that OCI arrived at Toronto.

http://blsindia-canada.com/forms/BLS_oci_status_sample.pdf

can33

Oct 5, 2016
Money Order info:

Did anyone used the money order from Canada post to pay the OCI fee?

Canada Post is only able to put CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA in the money order Pay To section. ( , TORONTO ) is missing because of the restriction of letters that can be only 26 letters.

Can we use CGI - TORONTO on the Canada Post money order or just CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA will work also?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
The final stage of OCI Process is Canadian passport <--> OCI match up that can be done in person at the BLS office where you submitted your OCI application. Since you have applied from Brampton's BLS office, you are supposed to pickup in person at BLS Brampton with your Canadian Passport Original, OCI Acknowledgement and Online Status with 3 Dates as a proof that OCI arrived at Toronto.

http://blsindia-canada.com/forms/BLS_oci_status_sample.pdf
Why they ask for Canadian Passport when OCI is already ready? Do we have to submit the passport or is it just for reference?

Thanks

bluehawk1

Oct 29, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to clarify few questions regarding obtaining OCI card.
I'm a Canadian citizen presently working in US. I'm planning to visit India in first week of January 2017 (ticket already purchased). My parents applied for OCI before me (several years ago).

1) Can my father apply for OCI on my behalf from Canada at BLS center? and pick up also? Do I have to be present to submit the application?
2) When you submit the original documents to BLS after completing Part A and B, do I have to submit my Canadian passport to BLS? From the BLS website, it looks like you have to bring the passport to pick up the OCI card. We live very close to BLS office in Toronto/Scarborough.
3) Also, what present address should I use? The one in US, or in Canada? I'm leaning towards Canadian address, but will it contradict because of filling out employer address in US in part A?

Here's how I understand the process, please correct me if I'm wrong:
1) Fill out part A and B online.
2) Bring all the documents to BLS center along with proof of completion of Part A and B.
Do they take your passport as I'd need to cross the border while the application is under process.
3) Check status online and pick up once it is dispatched.

I'd really appreciate a quick reply as I'm looking to submit this application ASAP.

Thanks!

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bluehawk1 said:
Hi everyone!

I'm a Canadian citizen presently working in US. I'm planning to visit India in first week of January 2017 (ticket already purchased). My parents applied for OCI before me (several years ago).

1) Can my father apply for OCI on my behalf from Canada at BLS center? and pick up also? Do I have to be present to submit the application?
2) When you submit the original documents to BLS after completing Part A and B, do I have to submit my Canadian passport to BLS? From the BLS website, it looks like you have to bring the passport to pick up the OCI card. We live very close to BLS office in Toronto/Scarborough.
3) Also, what present address should I use? The one in US, or in Canada? I'm leaning towards Canadian address, but will it contradict because of filling out employer address in US in part A?

2) Bring all the documents to BLS center along with proof of completion of Part A and B.
Do they take your passport as I'd need to cross the border while the application is under process.

I'd really appreciate a quick reply as I'm looking to submit this application ASAP.

Thanks!
We have to bring the passport to pick up the OCI card. We don't submit when we apply.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bluehawk1 said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks!

You have the option to mail the application and also pay the return courier charges, that way, you don't need to visit BLS centre.

Here is the link for their website:

http://www.blsindia-canada.com/

Contact BLS customer care (phone number is on their website) and ask them the details about the options about mailing the application and the proceed accordingly.

I am not sure whether the whole process would be done by 2 months before you fly to India. Usually the process takes 2-3 months.

By the way, where do you see to bring the passport for OCI pickup?

I am not sure about Ontario but in BC, what I did was I went, submitted all photocopies. They just kept my original Landing paper and my original indian passport and rest photocopies and then the OCI card was mailed to me at my home address.
Also, OCI U visa sticker is no longer pasted on Canadian Passport, just the OCI booklet is issued.

bluehawk1

Oct 29, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

It is mentioned on the cgitoronto website that you'd need to bring Canadian passport to pick up the OCI. Some people on this page have also mentioned this. cgitoronto.ca/content/oci-0 (scroll to the bottom of the page).
I'll follow up with BLS call center and inquire about photocopies submission in person versus by mail. Only caveat with the mail-in is that I'd not know if I have missed anything until they receive the application because their website is so straightforward, which might add unnecessary delay.

I have submitted part A and B on the website. I'm not able to view the status on the website yet.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bluehawk1 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

It is mentioned on the cgitoronto website that you'd need to bring Canadian passport to pick up the OCI. Some people on this page have also mentioned this. cgitoronto.ca/content/oci-0 (scroll to the bottom of the page).
I'll follow up with BLS call center and inquire about photocopies submission in person versus by mail. Only caveat with the mail-in is that I'd not know if I have missed anything until they receive the application because their website is so straightforward, which might add unnecessary delay.

I have submitted part A and B on the website. I'm not able to view the status on the website yet.
Mailing the application is the only option you may have however you need to ensure that all the paperwork is complete else they might request you for further documents. Once BLS submits the application to the consulate then after few days you can check the status of your application online otherwise right now, you can't check any status.