+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. - passport sectoin - yes
2. dont know - its still in progress. has been less than a month so far. will keep you posted on when i have any updates
draxz1289 said:
Hey,

I didnt even realize I got a reply.. thank you very much

That makes sense about uploading everything relating to the marriage to be show in that section - I will upload the marriage certificate under marriage section and the remaining things under the relationship section.

Where did you upload your citizenship certificate, COPR - did you do it under the Current passport section. I am going there tomorrow morning to finally get this done..

One more question since I am submitting it together how long did it take you fully.. I am planning a trip to India in Dec first week, would that be enough time?

Thank you very much for you help and +1 again :p

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
cecapplied said:
1. - passport sectoin - yes
2. dont know - its still in progress. has been less than a month so far. will keep you posted on when i have any updates
Thanks for the reply +1 I have submitted the the OCI and surrender together. It was much simpler and straight forward than I expected after reading all the negative reviews. One thing I wanted to ask you and everyone is - I dont know if the process has changed but the person told me I dont have to submit the Canadian passport for the U sticker is that true?

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
draxz1289 said:
Thanks for the reply +1 I have submitted the the OCI and surrender together. It was much simpler and straight forward than I expected after reading all the negative reviews. One thing I wanted to ask you and everyone is - I dont know if the process has changed but the person told me I dont have to submit the Canadian passport for the U sticker is that true?
that is true. no more U visa sticker on your passports. I think the process changed late last year or early this year.

srini123

Feb 24, 2014
VTG,

Are you able to track your OCI application on bls website?

I sent my OCI paperwork through Xpress post on June 21 and was delivered on June 24 morning. Still i could not track my application on bls website

Srini

VTG said:
hi,

Can anyone advise me how long it takes for postal package which has surrender and OCI paperwork to be available for tracking online.
my package was delivered by fedex today morning .

Thank you

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i was able to track it rightaway. for the oci application, when you filled in the application, it would have generated a CANTXXXXXX no, use that to check OCI status on the govt of india website - https://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome

when you submitted the application at BLS, they would have given you a reciept. that reciept has a number starting with OCIXXXXXX - use that OCIXXXX no to track on the bls web site

hope this helps
cecapplied
srini123 said:
VTG,

I sent my OCI paperwork through Xpress post on June 21 and was delivered on June 24 morning. Still i could not track my application on bls website

Srini

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
srini123 said:
VTG,

Srini
hey Srini,

I am able to track but it took a full week, call the call center and tell them they are able to push the actual office to update the website. My package was received on Friday 10th and 17th it was on the website. My surrender passport is already on its way back, and now OCI shows under process on the https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury .

either call BLS or create a BLS ticket and they reply within 48hrs.

srini123

Feb 24, 2014
Today I checked the BLS website and was able to track my OCI application. Per BLS website my OCI application was recevied on June 27 and shows the current status of application as "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General"

Srini

ummaz

Jul 18, 2016
Hello every one,

I need help from Canadian posters. BLS India is asking latter immigration Canada, that i never applied for refugee status. I looked every where Canadian immigration site, but i couldn't find the application. i would really appreciate, if somebody help me find this forum.

Thanks in advance.

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
ummaz said:
Hello every one,

I need help from Canadian posters. BLS India is asking latter immigration Canada, that i never applied for refugee status. I looked every where Canadian immigration site, but i couldn't find the application. i would really appreciate, if somebody help me find this forum.

Thanks in advance.
Yes.. You need to download the letter fill up particulars sign and either fax it or email to them..Below is the link.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/contact/Pages/AtipAiprp.aspx

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
I just received my oci.. Page 7 point 3 reads "Parity with NRIs in economic, financial and educational fields EXPECT in matters ...."

I - lmao.. BLS gives us nightmares with spellchecks and here the document has such an error and also the link for status equiry ends with "Enqury"