+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
Applied to BLS Brampton : 25th July
Acknowledged (Date Changed on portal under application date) : 24th August
Current Status on OCI portal : Under-Process
Current Status on BLS : Processing at Consulate General
 
Applied at BLS Mississauga : 24th July
Acknowledged (Date Changed on portal under application date) : 19th August
Current Status on OCI portal : Granted
Issue Date : 16th September
Hello, when did they update the status, in the morning or afternoon?
 
Has anyone submitted an online miscellaneous application for passport update to CGI Toronto, and if so, how long did it take?
 
Applied at BLS Mississauga : 25th July
Acknowledged (Date Changed on portal under application date) : 20th August
Current Status on OCI portal : Under-Process
Current Status on BLS : Processing at Consulate General
Granted on 18-Sep-2026. Was able to download the next day.
 
Guys we created an community forum, especially for the BLS related services
https://consularhelpdesk.com/forum

It is very convenient to use. And you will get the appropriate answers, If you guys are knowledgeable and willing to share your experiences, it would be great. It would really help others in the community as well.
 
I am filling the OCI online application form. There is a section where we need to upload documents. It shows only 3 drop down options for uploading documents. However, the OCI instruction PDF obtained from MEA website says the following:

"v) All documents as per the checklist must be uploaded to the application website in any available column or merge. as the website is used globally, and the upload process is carried out according to the checklist requirements. "

Could someone please explain exactly what I should do for the documents? Will they only look at the documents uploaded or will they look at all documents I submitted to BLS?
 
I am filling the OCI online application form. There is a section where we need to upload documents. It shows only 3 drop down options for uploading documents. However, the OCI instruction PDF obtained from MEA website says the following:

"v) All documents as per the checklist must be uploaded to the application website in any available column or merge. as the website is used globally, and the upload process is carried out according to the checklist requirements. "

Could someone please explain exactly what I should do for the documents? Will they only look at the documents uploaded or will they look at all documents I submitted to BLS?
BLS service is really bad. If you just upload the documents based on the dropdown from the website they will give you hard time when you go there and will ask you to book another appointment if you want to upload all correct documents or buy premium longue and they can do it for you. When I asked them that I have all the documents according to the checklist but there was no option/Dropdown to upload them to the Website, they told me that combine all those documents or atleast few documents with one of the documents from the options in the dropdown and then submit that combine pdf. But yes they do need all the documents from the checklist to be uploaded online even if they don't have that document mentioned in the dorpdown of the website. And they do need to see all those documents and the copy of those documents in person as well. make sure you have 1 copy of all the documents as they will take it from you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: adha
I got my Canadian Citizenship recently and I want to travel to India for Long-term stay using e-visa. Can i apply for OCI and travel to india ? Will there be any issues or anything that i need to be aware of ?
 
Applied at BLS Regina : 10 Aug 2026
Acknowledged (Date Changed on portal under application date) : N/A (For some reason they didn't acknoledge my application directly received OCI, in the Appication date it is still showing up as the original application date.)
Current Status on OCI portal : Granted
Issue Date : 28 Sep 2026
 
As a Canadian citizen, do you have to apply for OCI (and renunciation) only from within Canada? I obtained Canadian citizenship and then moved to the US for a job (on a US work visa). I'd like to know if I can apply for OCI from the US.
Hey,
As a Canadian citizen, do you have to apply for OCI (and renunciation) only from within Canada?

As a Canadian citizen, do you have to apply for OCI (and renunciation) only from within Canada? I obtained Canadian citizenship and then moved to the US for a job (on a US work visa). I'd like to know if I can apply fo