+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How is the experience of going to Toronto BLS center on oxford street ?? Is parking available nearby ??

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also what documents to upload for my Canada born Son .. me and my wife are also Canada citizens now ..

singk893

Apr 2, 2024
Finally an update on Vancouver OCI application -
Date Of Acknowledgment 25-JAN-2024
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On06-APR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 06-APR-2024
Document received At VANCOUVER On 06-APR-2024

singk893

Apr 2, 2024
My daughter application has processed today. Mine is still under-process:

Applicant NameXXXXXXXXX
File Reference NumberXXXXXXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment25-JAN-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn05-APR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn05-APR-2024
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn05-APR-2024
What's the update now? How long does it take to get delivered once it reaches vancouver?

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Still seething and simmering sitting inside my car, outside BLS Brampton. Went with OCI appointments for my wife n minor kid (I already have my OCI).

1. Appointment confirmation says unit 403. That's wrong, they direct you to 40 Gillingham.

2. Eternal debate about which date to use for marriage - actual date of marriage or the date it was registered (marriage certificates carry both dates). Guess what, both are right, it depends on the semi literate person at the counter. My wife's application today was rejected because it mentioned the actual date. My application was accepted and I have my OCI and I mentioned the actual date. I debated a lot with the staff but she said go by the exact word that's written - registration date of marriage, and she didn't even react to the fact that my own OCI came based on marriage date. Best part - this document as per their website is needed only if you're getting an OCI based on your spouse, but in reality they ask for this irrespective.

3. If you have family members who have already applied for OCI, which date to mention for their application - the date their form was submitted online or the date of appointment? Again, depends on the BLS person you meet. I had mentioned date of application. Rejected. I said here I'm going by the exact word (it asked for "application date" and my application also shows "application date"). She didn't bother, she said the date the person visited. When I asked what about postal application - she said, aapki postal nahi hai na so it doesn't matter what we do for those.

4. Form filling in charges - she said we can fill in the application for you for $100 and when I said your website says $3, she said you'll get premium lounge access bundled in. Wow.

5. Courier charges - she said it is $60, I showed her a print of the BLS page and the HCI page. Her answer was......"no".

• Sad
Reactions: abbas.pasha

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Still seething and simmering sitting inside my car, outside BLS Brampton. Went with OCI appointments for my wife n minor kid (I already have my OCI).

1. Appointment confirmation says unit 403. That's wrong, they direct you to 40 Gillingham.

2. Eternal debate about which date to use for marriage - actual date of marriage or the date it was registered (marriage certificates carry both dates). Guess what, both are right, it depends on the semi literate person at the counter. My wife's application today was rejected because it mentioned the actual date. My application was accepted and I have my OCI and I mentioned the actual date. I debated a lot with the staff but she said go by the exact word that's written - registration date of marriage, and she didn't even react to the fact that my own OCI came based on marriage date. Best part - this document as per their website is needed only if you're getting an OCI based on your spouse, but in reality they ask for this irrespective.

3. If you have family members who have already applied for OCI, which date to mention for their application - the date their form was submitted online or the date of appointment? Again, depends on the BLS person you meet. I had mentioned date of application. Rejected. I said here I'm going by the exact word (it asked for "application date" and my application also shows "application date"). She didn't bother, she said the date the person visited. When I asked what about postal application - she said, aapki postal nahi hai na so it doesn't matter what we do for those.

4. Form filling in charges - she said we can fill in the application for you for $100 and when I said your website says $3, she said you'll get premium lounge access bundled in. Wow.

5. Courier charges - she said it is $60, I showed her a print of the BLS page and the HCI page. Her answer was......"no".
Courier should be included in premium lounge access as per bls agents themselves.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Courier should be included in premium lounge access as per bls agents themselves.
So? For a family of 5, they will get them to spend 500 dollars and taxes instead of servicing them for 15 dollars, and letting them decide whether they want to come pick up the OCI or receive a courier. Even if the family chooses courier, it works out to 40 x 5 = 200 +15 = 215.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
So? For a family of 5, they will get them to spend 500 dollars and taxes instead of servicing them for 15 dollars, and letting them decide whether they want to come pick up the OCI or receive a courier. Even if the family chooses courier, it works out to 40 x 5 = 200 +15 = 215.
What are you talking.. when did I say you should opt for premium lounge for all your applications...
I meant to reply to just compare your point no.3 and 4 that if somebody end up thinking for choosing $60 courier then better go for premium lounge service which includes most of things even I think you can go without any application and they will fill it..

Obviously it's not for everyone but for someone who want to go without tension, can go with documents with immediate appointment and let them fill it and let them make photocopies also and let them courier you back and no tension but have to set mind to spend extra... Anybody who does not want to spend any extra, should choose pickup option and go with normal appointment and should try to get hassle free service too

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi , I have few question regarding OCI ( applying in-person & Toronto jurisdiction). Can someone please help on these.
  1. Does BLS Toronto location accept “Money order” for the ‘Consular fees + ICWF Charge’ or BLS Toronto officials ask specifically for “demand draft”.
  2. Which name to be used for demand draft/Money order : “Consulate General of India, Toronto“ or “The Consulate General of India - Toronto”

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi , I have few question regarding OCI ( applying in-person & Toronto jurisdiction). Can someone please help on these.
  1. Does BLS Toronto location accept “Money order” for the ‘Consular fees + ICWF Charge’ or BLS Toronto officials ask specifically for “demand draft”.
  2. Which name to be used for demand draft/Money order : “Consulate General of India, Toronto“ or “The Consulate General of India - Toronto”
Money order or Demand Draft for $376 has to be made in the name of Consulate General of India - Toronto rest of the fee can be paid by debit card or exact cash
Please refer Application Fee tab for exact wording https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/ocihome.php

Last edited:
Reactions: Zay11