+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I applied for OCI for myself and my wife last month at BLS Brampton.
At that time I opted for pick up service and declined the courier fees.
I was reading somewhere if you are coming to pick up your OCI card you need to wait in line outside and they only entertain certain number of people per day.
So, just wanted to know if there is any option that I can still opt for courier delivery.

Thanks
Hey, the queue is not that bad, don't worry. Just make sure all applicants tag along and go there at least 30 mins before if not earlier. Most people are coerced into picking courier services, so there aren't many people picking up tbh.

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi, I have an appointment for surrender certificate which is first step before applying OCI , next week in the morning hour 9ish am @ BLS Toronto location. so do I need to be in the queue ? or we can directly enter by showing the appointment confirmation to security guard.
Checking as I need to know if its fine to reach there close to 9 am or need to be early like 1 hr before 9ish am and be in the queue ?

SPADMASH

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
I have just one question , while tracking it said dispatched from oci New Delhi . Does all our oci applications processed n printed in New Delh???

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
i checked today, it says Vancouver received my oci on 19th march. I don’t know how long it will take to deliver it ?. My acknowledgment date is 11th Jan 2024
Interesting!! did you apply in January? I applied on 9th January(Surrey-Walkin) but somehow didn't get acknowledgement till 26th Jan.

SruthiT

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Is this affidavit format OK for future passport surrendering and for OCI application please?

I, "Real name" aged xx, residing at [address], do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as follows:

1. I am the same individual referenced in both my Indian passport, Passport No. [Indian Passport Number], issued on [Date of Issue] by [Issuing Authority], and my Canadian passport, Passport No. [Canadian Passport Number], issued on [Date of Issue] by [Issuing Authority].

2. It has come to my attention that there exists a discrepancy in the manner in which my name is presented in the aforementioned passports. My Indian passport contains only my first name as "Real name" and no surname while my Canadian passport contains my first name as “XXX” and my surname as "Real name."

3. I hereby affirm that the discrepancy in the presentation of my name in the aforementioned passports is due to administrative procedures and requirements in each respective country and does not signify any attempt to alter or misrepresent my identity.

4. I acknowledge and confirm that my name on my Indian passport, "Real name," corresponds to the same individual named on my Canadian passport, "XXX Real name".

5. I hereby declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, belief, and understanding.

@abbas.pasha expecting your valuable inputs here. Thanks!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Is this affidavit format OK for future passport surrendering and for OCI application please?

I, "Real name" aged xx, residing at [address], do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as follows:

1. I am the same individual referenced in both my Indian passport, Passport No. [Indian Passport Number], issued on [Date of Issue] by [Issuing Authority], and my Canadian passport, Passport No. [Canadian Passport Number], issued on [Date of Issue] by [Issuing Authority].

2. It has come to my attention that there exists a discrepancy in the manner in which my name is presented in the aforementioned passports. My Indian passport contains only my first name as "Real name" and no surname while my Canadian passport contains my first name as “XXX” and my surname as "Real name."

3. I hereby affirm that the discrepancy in the presentation of my name in the aforementioned passports is due to administrative procedures and requirements in each respective country and does not signify any attempt to alter or misrepresent my identity.

4. I acknowledge and confirm that my name on my Indian passport, "Real name," corresponds to the same individual named on my Canadian passport, "XXX Real name".

5. I hereby declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, belief, and understanding.

@abbas.pasha expecting your valuable inputs here. Thanks!
Seems fine to me, but I highly suggest that you get this professionally written by a notary/lawyer who can then notarize/certify the document.
Here is the reference of Mihir from whom I got the affidavit due to discrepancy with the Place of Birth for my daughter.
I discussed with Mihir the issue, he prepared a draft based on the info I shared and then he signed/certified it which I picked up from Brampton

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10377852

Last edited:
Reactions: SruthiT

ga963513

Mar 19, 2024
Hi All
Our oci timeline

BLS Brampton walk-in
Submitted Jan 29,2024
Acknowledged Feb 15,2024
Document printing Mar 7,2024
Dispatched from Delhi. Mar 8,2024
Document received at Toronto Mar 18,2024

BLS ready for collection. Mar 19 2024

Document collected in person at BLS Brampton.

In total it took 7 weeks.

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
Hi i just check on BLS website my status shows passport ready for collection after stamping but I already paid courier fees before.So it will be delivered right ?And when will I receive it?

SruthiT

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Seems fine to me, but I highly suggest that you get this professionally written by a notary/lawyer who can then notarize/certify the document.
Here is the reference of Mihir from whom I got the affidavit due to discrepancy with the Place of Birth for my daughter.
I discussed with Mihir the issue, he prepared a draft based on the info I shared and then he signed/certified it which I picked up from Brampton

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10377852
Thank you!

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello friends, I have a question regarding OCI. My OCI status is under process. I might have to travel India for an emergency soon. Do i need to apply for e-visa to travel? Is there a way, i could collect the OCI card in India? Thank you!