+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello all, finally I got the oci card delivered just now… thank you all for your continued support throughout this journey… I have a one last question which may look silly but would like to double check with you all here, do I need to call or contact anyone to update the oci card (any further process left) or not required ?

Reactions: rushi.gada

hsingh90

Jan 30, 2024
On which address did your application got delivered?
Following was the address on purolator label:

BLS INTERNATIONAL SERVICES 120th Street
Unit 201-8140 ST
Surrey, BC V3W 3N3

But it was delivered to the following address as per the tracking:

2-13468 77 AVENUE,
BLS INTERNATIONAL SERVICE, V3W6Y3

Not sure why they delivered it to a different address, probably they shifted to a new location.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all, finally I got the oci card delivered just now… thank you all for your continued support throughout this journey… I have a one last question which may look silly but would like to double check with you all here, do I need to call or contact anyone to update the oci card (any further process left) or not required ?
Not now but later if these things happen - https://ociservices.gov.in/capchaActionMisc

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
Could you pls share your timeliness?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
No further action required. This is it (know right, its over lol)..
In future if you need to renew/update the details about the OCI you can follow the CGI link.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-renewal-and-updation/

Reissuance of OCI cards will be done only in following cases:
  1. In case of issuance of new Passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age).
  2. Upon reaching the age of 50 years, one need to update the photo and other personal particulars in the OCI portal after obtaining a new passport. No new booklet will be printed. After that only passport number and photograph is to be updated whenever you get a new one. Please visit https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome .However, one can travel after updating the particulars and acknowledged.
  3. In case of change of following personal particulars: Name, Father's name, Nationality, Date of Birth
  4. In case of loss/damage of OCI card
In all other cases like:
  1. Further issuance of a new passport,
  2. Change of any personal particulars : photo, address, contact details, occupation, spouse name;
-you now no longer need to apply for a renewed OCI card. You can now simply update your details on the OCI portal as follows and continue using the existing OCI card:

visit https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome

Reactions: rushi.gada

mapdjs

Mar 6, 2024
Hi I am in the process of applying OCI card for my daughter . I submitted the application online and generated the PDF. however I find some of the columns not appearing in the PDF which were in the online form like the 'Relationship with Root'. Please let me know if anyone has faced this issue or this is how the application gets generated as PDF.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi All,

I recently applied for OCI Misc Services ( name change ) and was wondering if anyone did the same. I was told it takes 3 months to get this done as it;s separate from a fresh OCI card.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,

I recently applied for OCI Misc Services ( name change ) and was wondering if anyone did the same. I was told it takes 3 months to get this done as it;s separate from a fresh OCI card.
Hey bro how long did took for name change certificate? Also while filling OCI application do we need affidavit to attach or just name change certificate? @phoenix232

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hey bro how long did took for name change certificate? Also while filling OCI application do we need affidavit to attach or just name change certificate? @phoenix232
Vital Stats Canada took 1.5 years but nowadays you get it sooner. My mistake was sending follow-up emails cause I didn't want to be on hold for an hour or two.

2) Yes, you need an affidavit with name change certificate. BLS staff are "gawaar", I wasn't told when I called their call centre number to confirm doc list and even when I went into the bls centre. it was at the very end that they realised affidavit isn't there.

Goldexpress

Jan 12, 2017
Is there any way somebody else can pick up OCI here and ship it back to India?
In Thoughts it works and seems simple as taking delivery and giving it to you . But there is Big question if think in back end perspective on Paper , for example i I am not sure how smooth would be your experience while you pass through Immigration desk at the airport if you are returning . ( i am talking about the immigration desk before you pass to security after check in while boarding the plane on return journey if any )

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
In Thoughts it works and seems simple as taking delivery and giving it to you . But there is Big question if think in back end perspective on Paper , for example i I am not sure how smooth would be your experience while you pass through Immigration desk at the airport if you are returning . ( i am talking about the immigration desk before you pass to security after check in while boarding the plane on return journey if any )
You cannot directly do that. You need to contact FRRO and they will change your status and give you exit document with which you can clear immigration.