+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Vick3440

Nov 20, 2014
My application status on BLS shows (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) but on OCI Tracker received date is not populated yet, do you think its ready to pick up from BLS Brampton between 3-4:30 today?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
My application status on BLS shows (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) but on OCI Tracker received date is not populated yet, do you think its ready to pick up from BLS Brampton between 3-4:30 today?
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping status merely means that BLS has or is in the process of receiving the OCI cards from CGI/HCI
Wait for the status to change it to Ready for Collection

You can also reach out to BLS by email if you are in a rush and see the possibility if you can collect it from BLS
Email
cccanada@blsinternational.net
servicehq.canada@blsinternational.net
brampton.p@blsinternational.net (incase you applied through BLS Brampton)

Vick3440

Nov 20, 2014
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping status merely means that BLS has or is in the process of receiving the OCI cards from CGI/HCI
Wait for the status to change it to Ready for Collection

You can also reach out to BLS by email if you are in a rush and see the possibility if you can collect it from BLS
Email
brampton.p@blsinternational.net (incase you applied through BLS Brampton)
Ok great, I will check, really appreciate your help abbas.pasha

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Also what documents need to show to pick up OCI for myself and kids? Thanks
For yourself - An ID is required (DL, Passport etc.)
For your spouse - Their ID/copy is required (DL, Passport etc.) along with an authorization letter
For kids - Both parents are required to visit BLS for collection along with there respective IDs (I am not kidding). No authorization letter or kids ID is required

toothless_ak

Mar 4, 2024
Can we go and pick up the OCI in person from Brampton BLS Centre if we have opted for Courier Pick up and Drop Off? We have our flight soon and the OCI is still under process (DoAck in OCI - Feb 21, Application date - Jan 23). Our flight is on March 27th, Any idea if we can get our OCI before that?

Also if we don't receive it by then, can we go on eVisa and later ask someone to bring the OCI to India, contact FRRO and update the status and stay for more than 6 months?

Also, contacting FRRO means going to the office in person or is there a procedure we have to follow?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can we go and pick up the OCI in person from Brampton BLS Centre if we have opted for Courier Pick up and Drop Off? We have our flight soon and the OCI is still under process (DoAck in OCI - Feb 21, Application date - Jan 23). Our flight is on March 27th, Any idea if we can get our OCI before that?

Also if we don't receive it by then, can we go on eVisa and later ask someone to bring the OCI to India, contact FRRO and update the status and stay for more than 6 months?

Also, contacting FRRO means going to the office in person or is there a procedure we have to follow?
Email
brampton.p@blsinternational.net

Also if we don't receive it by then, can we go on eVisa and later ask someone to bring the OCI to India, contact FRRO and update the status and stay for more than 6 months? - I believe you can but you will have to check/discuss through FRRO. You can check FRRO https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp

mix bag of information available through other forums https://www.quora.com/Can-we-enter-India-with-an-e-visa-and-exit-with-OCI-because-I-am-planning-to-stay-more-than-6-months-OCI-is-currently-under-process-but-I-need-to-travel-urgently-and-my-friend-can-post-it-to-me-when-I-am-in-India-Is

Last edited:

toothless_ak

Mar 4, 2024

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
I called them this morning because my status is same on BLS website and the guy on call said we haven't received it yet, asked me to wait for the status to change - Ready for collection to pick it up in person.
Hope this helps or just call them and confirm once.

toothless_ak

Mar 4, 2024
Looks tough. Based on the available processing timeline shared, will be first week of April for you to get OCI in hand.
In that case, can we go on eVisa and later ask someone to bring the OCI to India, contact FRRO and update the status and stay for more than 6 months?

Also, contacting FRRO means going to the office in person or is there a procedure we have to follow? or any online application?

Goldexpress

Jan 12, 2017
You cannot directly do that. You need to contact FRRO and they will change your status and give you exit document with which you can clear immigration.
Yes thank you , just what i was referring to , as the process is not as simple as getting OCI in hand in India,

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
Hi
If I travel to India on e-visa for a month and get my oci delivered in between, do I need to update it anywhere before coming back here or I am good to come back on e-visa itself without informing online anywhere ?