+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
  • 1. In case issuance of new Passport Details (each time a new passport is issued up to 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age)
    2. In case change in address/occupation/contact details.
  • These Misc services can be availed for re-issuance of OCI Card as well as updating the information time to time as mentioned in the MHA notification dated 16th April, 2021. The re-issuance of new OCI card will be applicable for following categories:
    1. In case of issuance of new passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age.)

Friends - Re-issuance of passport is applicable only when the applicant turns 20 years of age? what is the process for 50 years.. bit confusing here

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
  • 1. In case issuance of new Passport Details (each time a new passport is issued up to 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age)
    2. In case change in address/occupation/contact details.
  • These Misc services can be availed for re-issuance of OCI Card as well as updating the information time to time as mentioned in the MHA notification dated 16th April, 2021. The re-issuance of new OCI card will be applicable for following categories:
    1. In case of issuance of new passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age.)

Friends - Re-issuance of passport is applicable only when the applicant turns 20 years of age? what is the process for 50 years.. bit confusing here
50 yrs - You need to update the photo and personal details after obtaining a new passport but you won't get any new OCI booklet. After that whenever you get new passport, passport and photo has to be updated. It's a online process. Once u get acknowledgement you are good to travel.

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
50 yrs - You need to update the photo and personal details after obtaining a new passport but you won't get any new OCI booklet. After that whenever you get new passport, passport and photo has to be updated. It's a online process. Once u get acknowledgement you are good to travel.
before 50 years, incase my passport changes before 50 years, then also i have to do this online updation correct? whats the difference?

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
before 50 years, incase my passport changes before 50 years, then also i have to do this online updation correct? whats the difference?
You don't have to update the photo, just the passport number. Once you turn 50, you have to update the photo(One time activity).

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
You don't have to update the photo, just the passport number. Once you turn 50, you have to update the photo(One time activity).
i got it now. so anyone who got an OCI first time after 50 years of age, they dont have to upload photo again. each time passport changes, just do the online process of updating the passport details in oci portal. no photograph is needed. but if the first time oci was before 50 years, then we have to upload photo along with Passport upon completing 50 years of age. correct @forw.jane ?

Reactions: desmat

Navsar

Feb 16, 2024
Hello.. I have applied an OCI for my daughter in November through purolator. But today i have received an update that oci card is ready for pick up at Brampton bls location. But i chose postal service and also got the original passport via purolator.
could you please help and tell me how could i get OCI in hand.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
i got it now. so anyone who got an OCI first time after 50 years of age, they dont have to upload photo again. each time passport changes, just do the online process of updating the passport details in oci portal. no photograph is needed. but if the first time oci was before 50 years, then we have to upload photo along with Passport upon completing 50 years of age. correct @forw.jane ?
Right.

Reactions: citi4raj

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello.. I have applied an OCI for my daughter in November through purolator. But today i have received an update that oci card is ready for pick up at Brampton bls location. But i chose postal service and also got the original passport via purolator.
could you please help and tell me how could i get OCI in hand.
Call BLS and let them know you paid for courier. They are messing up a lot these days. Sometimes its showing ready for pickup but after 2-3 days, its getting shipped too.

Navsar

Feb 16, 2024
Call BLS and let them know you paid for courier. They are messing up a lot these days. Sometimes its showing ready for pickup but after 2-3 days, its getting shipped too.
Yeah i have tried many times to call them but nobody answering.
Can you tell me on which number should i try to contact them? Or if nothing works
Can i go to Brampton bls centre ?
Do i need an appointment?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yeah i have tried many times to call them but nobody answering.
Can you tell me on which number should i try to contact them? Or if nothing works
Can i go to Brampton bls centre ?
Do i need an appointment?
3-4.30 pm is the pick up time. No appointment needed.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
yes, that is the case with me too.. Shows ready for collection and today morning they added a tracking number under comments

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
My application day was Jan 30 ,2024 and my application status on OCI changed to under process today on Feb 16 ,2024.I applied by post Brampton office.So the acknowledgment date is Feb 16,2024.How long I still have to wait to geT OCI in hand from now?

Last edited:

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
no more interaction with BLS once you have the OCI - yay!

• Haha
Reactions: forw.jane