+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

PRAKEERTI

Aug 13, 2021
Hi All, I am unable to find the link for Purolator pickup/drop off. It is for passport surrender.
It does not appear on the home page. If anyone has it, kindly let me know. thank you !!

Maxwh

Feb 18, 2024
I applied for OCI through walk-in few days back .
Today when I checked my status on bls it shows ‘Incorrect / incomplete data’ . When I checked at centre the lady said everything is correct and all documents are complete.

has anyone experienced this? How to fix this please? I don’t want my application to be refused as its a struggle to reapply and go through entire process again.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I applied for OCI through walk-in few days back .
Today when I checked my status on bls it shows ‘Incorrect / incomplete data’ . When I checked at centre the lady said everything is correct and all documents are complete.

has anyone experienced this? How to fix this please? I don’t want my application to be refused as its a struggle to reapply and go through entire process again.
Are you using proper Application Reference No with DOB/Passport No?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes I am. It is showing my other details but under status , it is showing incomplete / incorrect data
It mostly does not happen for in-person submission. Wait for 2-3 days, it should move to under process. If it doesn't, contact BLS to know the issue.

Maxwh

Feb 18, 2024
It mostly does not happen for in-person submission. Wait for 2-3 days, it should move to under process. If it doesn't, contact BLS to know the issue.
I asked on another group and they said you might be missing some document and you have to fix it but why they didn’t tell me when I asked them there.

I feel so frustrated as I didn’t check status for some days assuming it takes long for them to change status and now this . I don’t know for how long this status was there.

If I have to fix this , do I have to take appointment again and go there ? Will my application get refused as it’s missing something? What’s the point of walk in if they still making such mistakes

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I asked on another group and they said you might be missing some document and you have to fix it but why they didn’t tell me when I asked them there.

I feel so frustrated as I didn’t check status for some days assuming it takes long for them to change status and now this . I don’t know for how long this status was there.

If I have to fix this , do I have to take appointment again and go there ? Will my application get refused as it’s missing something? What’s the point of walk in if they still making such mistakes
Do you see any status here - https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
?

Maxwh

Feb 18, 2024
So rejection is at BLS level. So you can go to BLS and rectify the issue.
Thanks for your replies. It helps.

do you know if I can just walk in or do I have to take appointment as I don’t see any appointment slots for next two months. What do I tell them?

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
It shows record not found. There is something wrong with my application.
We have a similar experience, we'd need to wait for a few more days, maybe a week, as they have a backlog for OCI's.
The response:
Your OCI application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center xx-xx-2024. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing it to IHC/CGI. Please note that this does not indicate that your application has processed to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing your application to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Once your application processed in our BLS center, you will be notified through email service with a unique BLS reference number. The unique number can be use for tracking purpose on BLS website.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
We have a similar experience, we'd need to wait for a few more days, maybe a week, as they have a backlog for OCI's.
The response:
Your OCI application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center xx-xx-2024. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing it to IHC/CGI. Please note that this does not indicate that your application has processed to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing your application to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Once your application processed in our BLS center, you will be notified through email service with a unique BLS reference number. The unique number can be use for tracking purpose on BLS website.
Contact them at 647-846-4077

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Any January applicant from the Vancouver started getting OCI processed status? We plan to travel to India on March 16. Based on the trend, just worried if I will get the OCI by the time.

Applied - Jan 8, ACK - Jan 12