+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
they returned my daughter's OCI postal application demanding my wife's valid canada status (study permit/work permit/pr card) .. i was not sure if this is required ?
When it comes to minor's application details and documents of both parents(passport(s)(IND/CAN), Status in CAN (WP/Visa/PR etc), marriage certificates) and NoC (signed by both parents with their photo) is required.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hi All,

Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

Shows this status since yesterday, I opted for the courier service and not pickup, Hope it will be dispatch out within today/tomorrow.
Checked on Purolator website with the CAN# but nothing found yet.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

Shows this status since yesterday, I opted for the courier service and not pickup, Hope it will be dispatch out within today/tomorrow.
Checked on Purolator website with the CAN# but nothing found yet.
This status is for pickup and not dispatch. Call BLS and check what's wrong or go pickup between 3-4.30 pm.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Oh this is some weird behavior :)
Mine? Really? Lol
I was just following this forum's previous posts and figured out it might take couple of days for them to dispatch it, so decided to wait for 1 more day on top of 3 months of already waiting before I start bugging them ( I want as little as possible interaction with those useless ppl ) and don't want to go for the pickup as I already paid for the return service. Hope this clears the thought behind that above behavior :)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Mine? Really? Lol
I was just following this forum's previous posts and figured out it might take couple of days for them to dispatch it, so decided to wait for 1 more day on top of 3 months of already waiting before I start bugging them ( I want as little as possible interaction with those useless ppl ) and don't want to go for the pickup as I already paid for the return service. Hope this clears the thought behind that above behavior :)
No not yours :) I am talking about BLS. Showing ready for collection but changing it to dispatch after 1-2 days.
Unnecessary stress for people waiting to get OCI in hand. Hopefully you get it soon.

Yesterday someone from Ottawa also faced the same issue. They would be going today to collect and asking for refund of the courier fees.
That's also one way, if you want to try.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
No not yours :) I am talking about BLS. Showing ready for collection but changing it to dispatch after 1-2 days.
Unnecessary stress for people waiting to get OCI in hand. Hopefully you get it soon.

Yesterday someone from Ottawa also faced the same issue. They would be going today to collect and asking for refund of the courier fees.
That's also one way, if you want to try.
Oh I see haha, my bad.
At this point, I just want to get done with it and not deal with them for at least next 10 years.
Fingers crossed they dispatch it out asap.
Thank you very much!!!

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
Weird things happens only at BLS.

This morning I check the BLS tracker and it shows Ready for Collection and below it there's Purolator tracking number (Bunch of weirdos working at BLS). I called purolator they said previously they had address issue but they have resolved it with sender. So, now the delivery will go to next day otherwise it suppose to be today. BLS is the worst nightmare I have ever had.

BLS should have a tag line "Aap ke saath kuch bhi ho sakta hai"

Reactions: forw.jane

Rohit_Alg

Nov 12, 2018
I applied for my OCI and my wife's OCI walkin application in Toronto on 8th Jan 2024. No updates since then.
My child's application was not accepted as his birth certificate was missing Apostelle stamp (born in Europe). I have all the documents ready now.

I am thinking to send my kids application by post. What all original documents to be included? Do I need to send original birth certificate, canadian passports of child and kid?

Nisha14

Oct 25, 2022
Hello, I applied for my baby's OCI in person at the BLS Brampton office on December 4th, and the status has remained "processing at consulate general" since December 12th. Does anyone know how long it will take to move this status to the next stage?