+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
URGENT !!

I have paid for the courier service so that I can get back my OCI via courier once get approved. But right now on the BLS tracker it shows "passport ready for collection after OCI stamping". So, instead of ready for dispatch why it is showing ready for collection??

I tried calling Ottawa BLS but unable to connect with those people, don't know what to do. Anyone have any idea?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
URGENT !!

I have paid for the courier service so that I can get back my OCI via courier once get approved. But right now on the BLS tracker it shows "passport ready for collection after OCI stamping". So, instead of ready for dispatch why it is showing ready for collection??

I tried calling Ottawa BLS but unable to connect with those people, don't know what to do. Anyone have any idea?
Some cases somewhere the courier info is getting lost and they are getting marked for collection instead of dispatch. BLS can only rectify it and call is the only way to do it.

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
Some cases somewhere the courier info is getting lost and they are getting marked for collection instead of dispatch. BLS can only rectify it and call is the only way to do it.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

6134169877-is this the correct number to reach BLS Ottawa? what is the best time to get connected?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the prompt reply.

6134169877-is this the correct number to reach BLS Ottawa? what is the best time to get connected?
Its the correct no. Its try and try till you succeed, no best time. If you in Ottawa, going in-person is better. 3-4.30 pm is the collection time, if you just want to collect and get over with it.

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
Its the correct no. Its try and try till you succeed, no best time. If you in Ottawa, going in-person is better. 3-4.30 pm is the collection time, if you just want to collect and get over with it.
Can my husband go instead of me today with the receipt? or he needs any kind of letter from me?
Also, do they refund those courier charges ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can my husband go instead of me today with the receipt? or he needs any kind of letter from me?
Also, do they refund those courier charges ?
Refund is tough. Need to fight hard for it.
Take a letter of authorization, ID and receipt.

Letter of Authorization

Date: ____________________

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm that I, ______________________________________________________

Date of birth _____/_____/_____, Canadian Passport number_________________ authorize my husband

________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________

to collect my Overseas Citizenship of Indian (OCI) card from India Visa Application Centre in Canada(Ottawa Jurisdiction) operated by BLS International.

Yours faithfully,

Reactions: hrb3

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
If not today, I will go tomorrow during there pick up hours. And if they hand over me my OCI then I will take those money back. Its my hard earned money.
Thanks again for the format.

Refund is tough. Need to fight hard for it.
Take a letter of authorization, ID and receipt.

Letter of Authorization

Date: ____________________

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm that I, ______________________________________________________

Date of birth _____/_____/_____, Canadian Passport number_________________ authorize my husband

________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________

to collect my Overseas Citizenship of Indian (OCI) card from India Visa Application Centre in Canada(Ottawa Jurisdiction) operated by BLS International.

Yours faithfully,